Space Jockeys

Started by Commander Aun, Jan 07, 2008, 07:11:11 PM

Author
Space Jockeys (Read 3,456 times)

Commander Aun

Commander Aun

In the space of the comics and novels, what are the space jockeys? What do they do? What have they done? Because what happens to them in Alien: Steel Egg, and Aliens: Original Sin? Im asking this because on wikipedia, it said they had two different names from two different books. One was Giff or something from Aliens: Steel Egg, and the Mala'Kak or something from Aliens: Original Sin? So whats going on?

DarthSidious

DarthSidious

The Giff and Space Jockeys are two completely different races.  That's a fact.  However, I believe the space jockeys are the those who the Giff told about; the ones who came on their ship and put the alien eggs on there. 

Page 236 from Steel Egg:

"...Those Who Come From Beyond the Galactic Rim, the Place of Darkness.  We admitted some of them to this ship, to negotiate with them, a peace mission.  But while they were here, they planted the eggs of the creatures you call xenomorphs on our vessal.  Many hundreds were killed.  Their bodies were committed to space--- others we had no time to gift to the galactic mother." 

^being said by the only surviving Giff.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Always thought that was the predators personally.

DarthSidious

DarthSidious

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jan 08, 2008, 07:07:30 PM

Who?  If you think the predators were the ones who planted the eggs in the Giff vessel, that seems very illogical.  First, We have already seen the Predator's home world in AVPR, it is defiantly not in "the Place of Darkness".  Second, Predators never go on peace missions; in fact, they always either hunt others or enslave them as we see in the Predator novel "Forever Midnight."  In that novel we are introduce to the Predator's slave races. 

Commander Aun

Commander Aun

So there different species? In what way exactly?

DarthSidious

DarthSidious

Quote from: Khan on Jan 08, 2008, 07:31:11 PM
So there different species? In what way exactly?

Um, what do you mean?  It's like comparing a dog to a cat.  They are both aliens but totally different physical appearance, etc.  Even there ships look drastically different (compare the egg-shaped ship of the Giff to the Space Jockey ship in "Alien".  Reading "Steel Egg" would be very helpful....

Edit:  I just read the space jockey wiki entry.  Whoever mention the part about the Giff definitely did not read Steel Egg. 

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: DarthSidious on Jan 08, 2008, 07:19:24 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Jan 08, 2008, 07:07:30 PM

Who?  If you think the predators were the ones who planted the eggs in the Giff vessel, that seems very illogical.  First, We have already seen the Predator's home world in AVPR, it is defiantly not in "the Place of Darkness".  Second, Predators never go on peace missions; in fact, they always either hunt others or enslave them as we see in the Predator novel "Forever Midnight."  In that novel we are introduce to the Predator's slave races. 

Pretty broad assumption that there is only one culture type of Predator out there.  There are hunters on earth, doesn't mean all humans are. 

Aside from that, if predators were on a "peace" mission, they wouldn't have brought Alien eggs would they?  We don't know the politics behind their actions.  At the time of EVERY predator movie, there are no spacefaring species but themselves.

Maybe they seeded the giffs for more aliens to hunt.  Who knows?

Aside from that Steel Egg was released before Requiem, and already you have different cultures of predator in the predator standalones/movies/comics/novels.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I didn't think the Predators but because DH wants to keep the franchise separate for the novels.

Commander Aun

Commander Aun

Any of you guys read Aliens: Original Sin?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I amazon reviews before I read Steel Egg, thus from their reviews I had the predator in my head before I even started.

Jockey's make more sense, especially if what Hicks said is true.

Neukku

Neukku

In the Aliens: Outbreak appear one jockey with full body armor + weapons

In the end of the comic it end up to the Earths orbit to wait that the Xenomorph infection is killed from earth.It waits that it could conquer Earth someday... Sneaky Bastard.

Warmaster Jedi

Warmaster Jedi

So the Space  Jockeys is the bad guys? ???

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

In the eu they often are.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jan 13, 2008, 03:45:21 AM
In the eu they often are.

Doesn't matter. The one that came after us got destroyed.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Yep.  But they also get mention of in both OS and Steel Egg.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed