Predator: If It Bleeds - New Predator Anthology

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 02, 2016, 03:47:44 PM

Author
Predator: If It Bleeds - New Predator Anthology (Read 123,235 times)

Ultramorph

I hadn't even realized Titan had the Terminator rights. I guess the stars are aligning just the right way.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Ultramorph on Nov 28, 2017, 04:55:21 PM
A terminator anthology would be sick.
I'd love a Terminator anthology. Shit, I've been kicking around stories I'd want to see in such an anthology for years now.

SiL

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 28, 2017, 01:11:15 PM
Hmmmm. I think AvPvT might be a harder sell. The last attempt didn't go down too well.
Ugh. Every time it turns into a three way conflict the Alien basically gets shafted, typically by trying to collapse them into one of the other threats rather than be their own thing. The Alien-Terminator hybrids were terrible.

BryanThomasS

BryanThomasS

Nothing is announced. I proposed the ideas but no one has accepted them yet which means they may well not happen. Just saying I would love to do it. We shall see what time brings.  But I want you to know I am working on cool stuff in many forms. This is me just wishful thinking at this point.

Quote from: Ultramorph on Nov 28, 2017, 05:01:58 PM
I hadn't even realized Titan had the Terminator rights. I guess the stars are aligning just the right way.

It is on a per movie basis often. They did for Terminator Salvation and have a whole series of novels. Not sure about the others. But I pitched it anyway because it would be awesome.

happypred

Bryan, would love it if a new Pred anthology revisits characters like Top Knot (War), Bakuub (Hunter's Planet), Light-Stepper/Blue (Blood Time/Duel)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: happypred on Nov 29, 2017, 08:32:42 AM
Bryan, would love it if a new Pred anthology revisits characters like Top Knot (War), Bakuub (Hunter's Planet), Light-Stepper/Blue (Blood Time/Duel)

We don't acknowledge Hunter's Planet.  :P But yeah, it'd be really cool to revisit some existing Predator characters from the EU.

HuDaFuK

I think the short story tie-in that would have me giggling most like a schoolgirl would be something linked to the Concrete Jungle video game, be it a tale featuring Scarface or even one of the human characters from the game (although if it was the latter it'd probably have to be a prequel, on account of them all being butchered by the end of the game :laugh:)

happypred

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 29, 2017, 08:38:05 AM

We don't acknowledge Hunter's Planet.  :P

Why? It was pretty well-written IMO, better than most franchise fiction I've read...don't see how it's worse than War

BryanThomasS

All I can do is mention this to some of my writers and provide info on the various characters and where to read their prior appearances. But it will be up to them whether they use them or not. I can use one but to require it of others might create a mutiny.

HuDaFuK

Yeah, that makes sense.

Doesn't mean we can't hope ;D

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: happypred on Nov 30, 2017, 05:04:52 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 29, 2017, 08:38:05 AM

We don't acknowledge Hunter's Planet.  :P

Why? It was pretty well-written IMO, better than most franchise fiction I've read...don't see how it's worse than War

I remember it being awful. It's on the list to re-read though, to freshen up the ol' memory.

happypred

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 30, 2017, 10:29:03 AM

I remember it being awful. It's on the list to re-read though, to freshen up the ol' memory.

Probably give it a re-read.

There were cybernetically augmented xenomorphs...so what? It was an interesting idea and executed fairly well. People are always talking about weaponising them. They actually do it here.

I honestly don't think the quality of the prose was below War or even Prey.

The Alien Predator

If Tim Lebbon gets to write again in another Predator Anthology, I'd love to see him revisit his Predator characters such as Elder Kalakta, Hashori or Yaquita.

We've seen Akoko Halley revisited twice in both anthologies, which helped give us extra insight into her character. Alien Bug Hunts also featured some other Marines we later see in Rage Wars.

I'd love to see more developments on his Predators.

Will we ever get to see Predators hunt other sapient species in an Anthology? The authors can make up one. That'd be so cool to see. I loved that weird machine techno-sentient seen in Bug Hunts which was attacking a human ship and the Colonial Marines had to fight it off.

Did you get to read Predator: South China See, Bryan? It's a very good book and sometimes the Predator remembers past hunts it has done which involves not just strange animals but also weird intelligent aliens.

Some examples are:

- This intelligent amphibian species that lives on the back of a huge parasite.

- A lumbering plant-fungus alien, the Predator took its hoverboard to use in future hunts such as the one its done in the story of the book.

- An armoured worm it has hunted on a world half a galaxy away.

There's also a scene where the Predator takes a break from its hunts and goes into its ship to watch other Predators hunting in real-time, recorded from their masks. He watched them on his screens in his ship as entertainment, here's some off the top of my head:

- Two hunters were hunting an intelligent humanoid species.

- A female was hunting a multi-headed reptilian beast on a planet with a green star.

- Several Predators climbed a huge sky blocking worm to reach its eyes.

- A whole clan was hunting a Godzilla sized offspring from a continent sized creature.

I also recall there were hunts in space, where Predator motherships would hunt living organic space ships.

There's huge potential in some epic short stories when it comes to this alien and I am excited to read more of them.

Ultramorph

Damn, I can't wait for SCS to show up in an affordable collection!

BryanThomasS

I have read all of the books and comics except a few crossovers like Archie. I read the AvP novels but not the comics.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed