AVP2 Cshell Editing

Started by IXvPRIMUSvXI, Mar 11, 2016, 01:21:36 AM

Author
AVP2 Cshell Editing (Read 4,108 times)

IXvPRIMUSvXI

IXvPRIMUSvXI

well i installed Dev C++ What can i do with it?

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: IXvPRIMUSvXI on Mar 13, 2016, 11:04:16 PM
well i installed Dev C++ What can i do with it?

If you want to 'edit' the cres.dll, use 'RESOURCE HACKER'

If you want to edit chsell.dll you would need something else, like Dev C++ or another type of compiler.

- Good Luck

IXvPRIMUSvXI

IXvPRIMUSvXI

I opened the Dec-C++ and the cshell.dll Show how can i change the colors for my electrovision?

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: IXvPRIMUSvXI on Mar 13, 2016, 11:15:26 PM
I opened the Dec-C++ and the cshell.dll Show how can i change the colors for my electrovision?

What you want to do... requires programming knowledge, C++ VB C# and so on.

To edit the visions fully... you would need many files, and for what you want to do.. is impossible for you, because you don't know any programming at all do you? you want to make new colours yes?  complete vision change ?

My advice, don't touch the chsell.dll just yet.... why not mess around/edit the cres.dll first, so you get a basic understanding on how AVP2 works.

Unless you're willing to LEARN programming.

IXvPRIMUSvXI

IXvPRIMUSvXI

Yes i want to give heat vision a red color and the electrovision Green.

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: IXvPRIMUSvXI on Mar 13, 2016, 11:30:56 PM
Yes i want to give heat vision a red color and the electrovision Green.

So not the visions... you're talking about the 'glow' effect ?

if that's what you're talking about, you don't need to edit a .dll file, you would need to edit MANY .dtx files.

Location is

AVP2 Folder > Skins > Characters > ElectroVision
AVP2 Folder > Skins > Characters > HeatVision
AVP2 Folder > Skins > Characters > NavVision

Edit the Files in there, to the colors you want, and you're done!

JP

JP

QuoteCres.dll not chsell.dll ...

My bad. Then there is nothing you can do unless you have the source code of th cshell. And even if you had the source code it wont be helpful because the vison colours are in the map itself and not on the game code. You can mod the vison attributes so the heat vision uses teh starlight alien vison object because its red but you cant make the electro vision green because no map has a green starlight view object.

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: JP on Mar 13, 2016, 11:46:08 PM
QuoteCres.dll not chsell.dll ...

My bad. Then there is nothing you can do unless you have the source code of th cshell. And even if you had the source code it wont be helpful because the vison colours are in the map itself and not on the game code. You can mod the vison attributes so the heat vision uses teh starlight alien vison object because its red but you cant make the electro vision green because no map has a green starlight view object.

To be honest, i think he's just confused.... he says this then says another thing.

if he wants to edit the 'glow effect' then he needs to edit the .dtx files.

if he wants to edit the visions fully, you're right 'source code' is required and he isn't going to get that, and even if he has it? he doesn't even understand programming.

And yes, i totally forgot about the visions and the map, they are linked. (Doh!)

@ IXvPRIMUSvXI

As JP said, and i have said it's not possible because you would also need to edit the maps..... if you want a new type of 'glow' in the visions, then simply edit the files in these locations.

AVP2 Folder > Skins > Characters > ElectroVision
AVP2 Folder > Skins > Characters > HeatVision
AVP2 Folder > Skins > Characters > NavVision

- Good Luck.

IXvPRIMUSvXI

IXvPRIMUSvXI

What i mean is i need to make the Heatvision RED..Not the glowing effect..

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: IXvPRIMUSvXI on Mar 13, 2016, 11:51:18 PM
What i mean is i need to make the Heatvision RED..Not the glowing effect..

Well, sadly, it's not going to happen, take a look at what JP said.

you need to START low, make some skins learn Dedit... learn maps then mods then finally source modding.

To change the visions isn't as simple as you might think, if it was THAT SIMPLE... there would of been tons of mods/packs with visions changes.

Have you read ANY tutorials ? AT ALL? anything?

JP

JP

Just checked the attributes and there is no way to do this unless you have the source code or you edit every single map, and because teh maps are already compiled there is also no way to edit them. So it only leaves the source code and programing.

IXvPRIMUSvXI

IXvPRIMUSvXI

then how can i get the source code?

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: JP on Mar 13, 2016, 11:58:13 PM
Just checked the attributes and there is no way to do this unless you have the source code or you edit every single map, and because teh maps are already compiled there is also no way to edit them. So it only leaves the source code and programing.

Yes, that figures, no way in hell to make it fully work.

@IXvPRIMUSvXI

Listen up, it's not possible, for you, the ONLY thing you can do is change the glow effects via .dtx files.

Better than nothing yea?

You would need programming skills, and the soruce code for AVP2, and as JP said the maps will be the issues, as there isn't any .ed files for all avp2 default maps.

it's not going to work buddy.

:P

Quote from: IXvPRIMUSvXI on Mar 13, 2016, 11:59:17 PM
then how can i get the source code?

You wont and cant, it's illegal, and even if you managed to get it... you need to know programming.

IXvPRIMUSvXI

IXvPRIMUSvXI

Okay...

I have another thing to ask..How can i make my ajl r2 server visible? i portforward 27810..

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: IXvPRIMUSvXI on Mar 14, 2016, 12:03:50 AM
Okay...

I have another thing to ask..How can i make my ajl r2 server visible? i portforward 27810..

oh god... not this subject again, you spammed Avpunknown forum like ten fold, we helped you a lot lol.

make sure the ports ARE OPEN.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed