[Spoilers] Alien: Romulus Footage Debuted At CinemaCon!

Started by El Diablo, Apr 11, 2024, 11:30:35 PM

Author
[Spoilers] Alien: Romulus Footage Debuted At CinemaCon! (Read 6,439 times)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: 426Buddy on Apr 13, 2024, 11:08:49 AMHot take: I think Ressurection is more satisfying to watch than Prometheus.

It's more satisfying to rewatch than most of them at this point, it's good value.

TheBATMAN

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 13, 2024, 06:20:57 PMI think we're going to see it when it was active, considering what we saw with the extra shots in the instagram version of the trailer, when
Spoiler
we see people in hazmat suit carrying something that is probably Big Chap for experimentation.
[close]

Spoiler
i suspect the Big Chap scene is an opening five min flashback, then the movie jumps ahead 20 years to our colony planet, by which time the station is already dead.
[close]

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Apr 13, 2024, 07:26:58 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 13, 2024, 06:20:57 PMI think we're going to see it when it was active, considering what we saw with the extra shots in the instagram version of the trailer, when
Spoiler
we see people in hazmat suit carrying something that is probably Big Chap for experimentation.
[close]

Spoiler
i suspect the Big Chap scene is an opening five min flashback, then the movie jumps ahead 20 years to our colony planet, by which time the station is already dead.
[close]

Maybe we get a few shots of the operating station in the intro then ? But who (besides Mike) knows ? We'll see.

El Diablo

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Apr 13, 2024, 07:13:35 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Apr 13, 2024, 11:08:49 AMHot take: I think Ressurection is more satisfying to watch than Prometheus.

It's more satisfying to rewatch than most of them at this point, it's good value.

It is a lot of fun. It took me years to get over my initial hatred of that film (I left the theater crushed after watching it on opening night). I've greatly enjoyed all of the films in the franchise for the most part.

ASH1977

Just a theory, but it would make sense for Weyland to a tail ship behind the Nostromo. In theory, the crew would be dead, Ash the caretaker and only survivor would be waiting for the science/military to come and intercept to acquire the organism. Would not make sense to have the Nostromo go all the way to earth.

426Buddy

In that case why even send the Nostromo when you have a ship with a science/military team ready to go?

solace97

I like to think the company didn't know about the alien yet and it was all just theoretical, so they sent some barrel scrubbers to check it out because they themselves didn't even know if they'd find something

Local Trouble

solace97

426Buddy

Then we'll finally have it... consensus

ASH1977

I do wonder where this space station is situated. They would have to be close to last known location of the Nostromo. The company knows that the alien was there on LV426, at least the ship's continuous beacon going off. Curious how Fede will tie all this together.

Highland

Quote from: ASH1977 on Apr 15, 2024, 09:09:53 PMI do wonder where this space station is situated. They would have to be close to last known location of the Nostromo. The company knows that the alien was there on LV426, at least the ship's continuous beacon going off. Curious how Fede will tie all this together.

We might be looking too much into it, I wouldn't be surprised if explanations are thin.

Corporal Hicks

[cancerblack]

TheBATMAN

Quote from: Highland on Apr 16, 2024, 07:29:11 AM
Quote from: ASH1977 on Apr 15, 2024, 09:09:53 PMI do wonder where this space station is situated. They would have to be close to last known location of the Nostromo. The company knows that the alien was there on LV426, at least the ship's continuous beacon going off. Curious how Fede will tie all this together.

We might be looking too much into it, I wouldn't be surprised if explanations are thin.

Regardless I think it's safe to say the station will be destroyed by the end of the film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed