The 'last thing you bought' thread

Started by Effectz, Jun 17, 2011, 04:32:20 PM

Author
The 'last thing you bought' thread (Read 383,941 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Theatre of War (VNA DW)

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 20, 2016, 09:32:52 AM
Quote from: Nostromo on Jun 19, 2016, 05:27:06 PM
Prometheus Life And Death TPB. Had to add 10$ to get free shipping from Amazon.ca, won't ship until January 2007 though :( I'll still buy the single comics and give support to DH for making another Prometheus run.

:o

How?!

Here: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/1506701035/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1466422944&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=prometheus+life+and+death

Corporal Hicks

Look at the date.  :P

426Buddy

426Buddy

Dark Horse has a new program where they create new comic series and send them back in time to 2007. 8)

Nostromo

Nostromo

2017 lol

Corporal Hicks

Lol that'd be pretty impressive.  :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

As part of my project to put together an expanded version of Whitesnake's Slip of the Tongue that wasn't remastered by a total eejit, some CD singles off eBay:

Dat hair.

windebieste

Recently, I bought this:

...this:

...and this:

They're all in average condition but once I get my hands on 'em they'll tidy up nice and sweet.

I also purchased a bunch of loose parts to fill in vacant spaces on these and other figures I have: 2x right arms, a head, a tail and a set of 4 quad dorsal appendages. 

I am sooo happy.  Can't wait until all of this weird junk arrives!   :laugh:

-Windebieste.

FiorinaFury161

I have been meaning to you that I commend you for caring about the repair/retooling of the 79 Kenner Alien(s). Makes me wish I have more drive to pursue my new interest in Memphis Milano design furniture/overall artwork. Seems like I either have no time or no energy to create art over the past few years. Also did not help that I pretty much drained all my creative juices on my masterpiece three years ago...

windebieste

Thank you.  Appreciated. 

I completely sympathise with you regarding being creatively drained.  I spent 4 solid years working on video games and eventually had to step away from it entirely as I had become totally drained by the experience.  In some ways, working on these figures has been a reaction to all the nonsense I endured and it's possibly a therapeutic exercise as well.  Messing around and fixing old toys I love is about as far away as I can get from working ridiculously long hours with low pay (or no pay at all, on one occasion) on video games. 

So, yeah, redirect your energy to other pursuits when you're ready to do so.  It's working for me. 

-Windebieste.

FiorinaFury161

Good words man, thank you. I am always ready to create art, it's just getting that "MOVE IT!" push to get started. Then it gets easy from there.

I have a tad extra money, so I got these now coming...

Memphis Milano tie by Ettore Sottsass (the head creator of the group and most sought after designer)

Human Rights Movement rainbow pin

and a ticket to visit the world famous Fallingwater by Frank L. Wright outside of Ohiopyle, PA on Independence Day!

Whiskeybrewer

Cold Fusion (VNA/MA DW Book)

The Twilight Kingdom (BF DW)

FiorinaFury161

Jurassic World Blu/DVD pack
Genesis - Invisible Touch remastered CD/DVD pack

Whiskeybrewer

Bruce Dickinson - Tattooed Millionaire 7" Vinyl Single

Corporal Hicks

Since we're doing a sandy quarry airsoft session next week, decided to buy some more appropriate clothing -

Looking for a simple tan shirt now. Trying to decide whether to get some desert camo trousers or just stick to the MTP I've got.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed