Alien - Inferno's Fall

Started by felix, Nov 27, 2021, 01:10:15 PM

Author
Alien - Inferno's Fall (Read 65,618 times)

SiL

SiL

I mean the creature itself, not the IP.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Sure, but I'd argue that still applies to the DH Press books - especially the one with the Facehuggers that could fly and Aliens that rolled around like car tyres.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 05, 2023, 09:26:24 AMSure, but I'd argue that still applies to the DH Press books - especially the one with the Facehuggers that could fly and Aliens that rolled around like car tyres.

f**k I vaguely remember that getting memed, which book was it?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 05, 2023, 09:26:24 AMSure, but I'd argue that still applies to the DH Press books - especially the one with the Facehuggers that could fly and Aliens that rolled around like car tyres.
Ain't nobody defending DNA War.

But occasionally they let the Aliens be Aliens.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

So do they in Titan Books.

Phalanx's big "oh shit" moment's literally the appearance of a Runner Alien.

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Also, the red-shelled big cat Xeno in this novel is dubbed the "Prowler". Is it supposed to be the same beast as the Prowler from Fireteam, or is it just a case of unimaginative naming?

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Alex White's novels and Phalanx especially are perfect examples of how to breath fresh air into the novels. They are very creative and quite original in multiple regards, especially Phalanx, yet they don't really try to reinvent the Alien. They respected the creature and just threw it in special situations, and wrote interesting characters, settings, using the existing Alien in creative ways.

I liked most of Titan's stuff till recently. But they are having a loosing streak in my eyes. And that streak is becoming a trend. I hope the new movie and series do well so that it gives the books a direction where to go. I loved getting these books so frequently! But I'd rather wait for quality over quantity.

If good/original covers are so expensive, I'll take back the A:CM photoshop covers, just find and pay for good writers that actually like and understand the Alien and it's setting. I'll pay for a more expensive novel if it's done well. Just please no more of this ridiculous stuff.

And step up your proofreading, hire different lore consultants for second opinions and so on. Or hire previous authors that actually wrote good Alien books already. 

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 05, 2023, 10:08:03 AM

f**k I vaguely remember that getting memed, which book was it?

I need to see that meme! :laugh:

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Sep 05, 2023, 01:30:40 PMAlso, the red-shelled big cat Xeno in this novel is dubbed the "Prowler". Is it supposed to be the same beast as the Prowler from Fireteam, or is it just a case of unimaginative naming?

It's not the prowler from Fireteam, can't be. Clara confirmed it. It just acts similar and the mix-up might have happened cause the new Xeno is not described well at all, not really specifically. And in the RPG scenario, one of the humans turned into the Alien from Covenant cause of the bombings (that also shouldn't be anywhere near possible). But we know it's not that specific type of Alien, it can't be. So the names, attacks and stats are probably just approximations for something similar so that the players have something to visualize.

That's my guess though.

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Still Collating... on Sep 05, 2023, 01:51:02 PMIt's not the prowler from Fireteam, can't be. Clara confirmed it. It just acts similar and the mix-up might have happened cause the new Xeno is not described well at all, not really specifically. And in the RPG scenario, one of the humans turned into the Alien from Covenant cause of the bombings (that also shouldn't be anywhere near possible). But we know it's not that specific type of Alien, it can't be. So the names, attacks and stats are probably just approximations for something similar so that the players have something to visualize.

That's my guess though.

Yeah, in EVAC one of the workers at Romashka Outpost, Alexi, is infected by the pathogen and is said to be mutating into a malformed Stalker, which is an adult Praetomorph.

I think if it were meant to be a mainline Xenomorph, the correct term would have been used. Same for the Imp (Praetomorph 'burster) in Fallout, which is said to have emerged from a rat. Guess Praetomorphs are getting around!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed