Riddick

Started by Speed37, Jun 04, 2008, 11:34:44 PM

Author
Riddick (Read 162,517 times)

SonOfTheDark

SonOfTheDark

"BERLIN -- "Riddick," the third entry in the sci-fi series that began with 2000's Vin Diesel starrer "Pitch Black" and one of the most sought-after titles at EFM, has been picked by Central Partnership for Russia.

Lionsgate is handling international sales, and the asking price for Russia was $2.2 million. But reflecting how in demand the title is and a reawakening of the presales market, a bidding war erupted among Russia's major distributors, with the final price going above $2.5 million.

The project was unveiled to buyers at a nighttime presentation Saturday with Diesel present.

While some buyers have noted the prices for "Riddick" are high, it feels tailor-made for the Russian market, which is big on high-flying action and sci-fi epics.

More Berlin coverage:

"Riddick" delivers on both counts. Though billed as a back-to-basics approach to the character popularized by Diesel, the script features the character -- the most wanted man in the galaxy -- left for dead on a barren alien planet, dealing with "trisons" (three-legged bisons) and "mud demons." He must then contend with two squads of bounty hunters, one of which ride rockets called jetcycles"

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i3bf2d3f4053dfeb223658861c17867ad

Interesting! I guess Vaako or someone else tried to take the throne after the end of the last film, but Riddick survived the attack. Because it's not supposed to ignore Chronicles...

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Cool, I'm getting a Mad Max vibe from that.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Almost sounds like a cross b/w PB and CoR.

Shasvre

Shasvre

The first concept art. Looks interesting.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Interesting. But they could've put more imagination into that coyote thing :P

Keg

Keg

is this actually finally going to happen. I love all things riddick. The movies, the game (which is ruddy brilliant and a must if you love the movies) and even the half hour animated movie is good.

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Apr 09, 2010, 12:54:51 PM

Yeah, I thought the same when I first saw it. Not very inspired considering Tatopoulos's past en devours....

Shasvre

Shasvre

That's just concept art. Who knows if that's the design they went with in the end.

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Lt. Mike Harrigan

I know it's concept art.

But it doesn't change the fact that it's not exactly great, especially when you consider it was designed by the Patrick Tatopoulos.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Shasvre on Apr 09, 2010, 10:22:49 AM
The first concept art. Looks interesting.

Hell Hound?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Lt. Mike Harrigan on Apr 09, 2010, 02:32:55 PM

Yeah, I thought the same when I first saw it. Not very inspired considering Tatopoulos's past en devours....
Bioraptors FTW!!!

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

That concept art looks pretty sweet.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Apr 09, 2010, 03:28:29 PM
Quote from: Lt. Mike Harrigan on Apr 09, 2010, 02:32:55 PM

Bioraptors FTW!!!

Is that the official name for them?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I don't know. It's a fan name if I'm not wrong, but at least it's a way to recognize them.
I wasn't crazy calling them "Pitch Black Flying Things" D:

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Haha, works for me then!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed