Riddick

Started by Speed37, Jun 04, 2008, 11:34:44 PM

Author
Riddick (Read 162,534 times)

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

The massacre of infants, I'll give you that. Forgot about it, honestly, but the 'hunted anti-hero who was prophesied to save the universe' is about the oldest trope in the book.

But still, I've never heard anyone I've known that's seen the movie even approach this idea, myself included. Certainly nothing blatant like Episode I territory.

At least with this film, he's going back to solo monster-fighting, merc-evading Riddick. Any and all comparisons to Jesus should be light years away, lol!

genocyber

genocyber

Riddick is nothing like Jesus. His kindness is merely self benefiting. I'd rather Riddick hop across other worlds fighting armies and butchering them than to be stuck on another deserted planet. You'd think more people would respect him for killing the Necromonger lord and protect him.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

It's not always self-benefiting. He didn't save Jack/Kira in CoR because he could receive something from her. He genuinely cared about her.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 24, 2013, 02:55:09 AM
It's not always self-benefiting. He didn't save Jack/Kira in CoR because he could receive something from her. He genuinely cared about her.

I hope there is something about her in the next film, I really liked the direction they took her character.  Not a revenge theme *shudder* just a subtle dabble into a few emotionally charged memories here and there, or even just one.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Shasvre

First Blood

First Blood

Do want.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Are you talking about the movie or Sackhoff? ;D

First Blood

First Blood

Let's say...both! :D

Aspie

Aspie

Must...not...watch...

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Aspie on Jul 17, 2013, 04:42:39 PM
Must...not...watch...
Blasphemy. You have to watch.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

The more I see of this... ugh...

It looks painfully bad. :laugh: Just Pitch Black with a merc team and some hover bikes thrown in. I hope I'm wrong, but unless there's some hidden plot, the trailer just looks like a real tired formula.

Trying to ride too much on Riddick's 'coolness' and not set him in an interesting story. Pitch Black was great because he really fit in the story and made it interesting. It wasn't created by his coolness, he was just some crazy murderer anti-hero that ended up saving a few people.

Now we have this cheese. Gawdammit. :-\

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: RagingDragon on Jul 17, 2013, 05:03:11 PM
The more I see of this... ugh...

It looks painfully bad. :laugh: Just Pitch Black with a merc team and some hover bikes thrown in. I hope I'm wrong, but unless there's some hidden plot, the trailer just looks like a real tired formula.

Trying to ride too much on Riddick's 'coolness' and not set him in an interesting story. Pitch Black was great because he really fit in the story and made it interesting. It wasn't created by his coolness, he was just some crazy murderer anti-hero that ended up saving a few people.

Now we have this cheese. Gawdammit. :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed