New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 20, 2020, 08:19:51 PM

Author
New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director! (Read 121,078 times)

Gr33n M4n

A movie with the Predator winning would surprise a lot of people.

Keyes

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Nov 27, 2020, 04:41:58 AM
Don't take what I said the wrong way. I'm all for the female protagonist to win. I'm just saying it's Disney, expect a happy ending.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story wants to have a word with you ;)

SuperiorIronman

That would be an interesting call. Killing our hero would definitely be a first for the films.

Though a quick google search says they make practically everything out of the stuff they hunted. So how f**king brutal would it be if we ended the film on a shot of the Predator having made gear or armor out of the hero's corpse? I feel like that would be the stuff of legends if Disney ended the first Predator film under their umbrella by having converted it's hero into the villain's handbag. Like I don't think they'd do it, but we never did find out what they did with the skin after they flayed somebody.

Gr33n M4n

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Nov 28, 2020, 12:09:58 AMbut we never did find out what they did with the skin after they flayed somebody.

That thought never even crossed my mind until now.

[cancerblack]

I always assumed that's what their leather bits were.

KiramidHead

I dig the concept of American Indians vs a Predator. Should make for some cool Western scenery shots as well.

Gr33n M4n

How about a plot where the Cowboys are fighting the Natives, but are forced to come together to fight the Predator?

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Phobos on Nov 28, 2020, 05:14:19 AM
How about a plot where the Cowboys are fighting the Natives, but are forced to come together to fight the Predator?

Way less interesting than a fully indigenous tale, frankly.

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

How come? And everyone loves Cowboy stuff. I think mixing the two together would make for a kick ass experience.

germanator2

Give me something like Apocalypto meets Predator, and I think you'd have an epic Predator film.

Stitch

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 28, 2020, 05:21:30 AM

I fully agree. That seems like the 'easy', boring way out.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Phobos on Nov 28, 2020, 05:46:38 AM
How come? And everyone loves Cowboy stuff. I think mixing the two together would make for a kick ass experience.

It's been done. And it's only got enough substance for something like a one-shot comic or a flashback, frankly.

Something that shows a radically different culture and technology level to previous films, dealing with a Predator is so much more interesting than "bitter enemies team up to defeat a more powerful foe. Again. Like a million other movies."

germanator2

Quote from: Stitch on Nov 28, 2020, 07:24:30 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 28, 2020, 05:21:30 AM

I fully agree. That seems like the 'easy', boring way out.
Agreed. It's the same with all the suggestions of setting a Predator film somewhere in the Middle East, against some soldiers and terrorists. It's a very easy and generic template and formula of adversaries teaming up against a common enemy.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Hollywood on Nov 25, 2020, 03:19:54 AM
So...who would you all like to see star in this?

Not many name actors can pass as Comanche but there are some. There's also the possibility of casting actors to play United States settlers and members of the Spanish Army. So who do you want to see in this film?

Raul Trujillo and Wes Studi would be great, really good actors. Also very known faces for the public.

yautjapet

I've thought for a good long while now that a historical setting for a Predator movie would be both awesome to see, and a wise choice from a franchise perspective! The predator seen and experienced through the eyes of historical peoples who have no frame of reference for aliens/UFOs will make it feel fresh and different without taking the tired old "bigger, better, badder" route. I both hope and assume there will be actual native consultants to ensure the portrayal is accurate and inoffensive (Hollywood doesn't have the greatest track record in this department!) and so, if all goes well, we could be in for a great and interesting movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed