Fede Alvarez working on new Alien film!

Started by MudButt, Mar 04, 2022, 10:06:48 PM

Author
Fede Alvarez working on new Alien film! (Read 65,340 times)

Imbrie

Imbrie

Quote from: bobcunk on May 02, 2024, 06:15:40 AMI think the original xenomorph would look like the neomorph or deacon and then the Space Jockies altered them using the black goo or something.

Isn't this what Prometheus established though? The Deacon seems to be the original "creation" as illustrated through the mural and what is birthed by the Engineer.

Now, whether the Deacon is a naturally occuring species which is replicated by the Engineers or actually created by them is up for debate.

Covenant then establishes that David experiments with the Engineers' "recipe" in combination with the black goo to create the Neomorph until he finally perfects his "creation", once all the pieces have fallen into place, the Xenomorph.

BigDaddyJohn

Coherence and continuity aren't strength of the prequels to say the least.

Imbrie

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 02, 2024, 09:01:17 AMCoherence and continuity aren't strength of the prequels to say the least.

True, true.

Feeds On Minds

Would love to see the prequels completely ignored as they deserve to be.

GrimmVision

You'll probably get your wish with Hawley's HULU series tbh.

Feeds On Minds

Quote from: GrimmVision on May 02, 2024, 11:33:38 PMYou'll probably get your wish with Hawley's HULU series tbh.

Hell yeah  8)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: GrimmVision on May 02, 2024, 11:33:38 PMYou'll probably get your wish with Hawley's HULU series tbh.

Only to find that the series opens up a whole separate pre-Alien can of worms that'll also annoy them, just in a different way than Ridley's prequels did.

Feeds On Minds

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 03, 2024, 12:13:29 AM

Only to find that the series opens up a whole separate pre-Alien can of worms that'll also annoy them, just in a different way than Ridley's prequels did.

Hell yeah  8)

BigDaddyJohn

I don't see Hawley truly ignoring anything to be honest.

cucuchu

The one part he will be ignoring or at least 'fixing' is the origin of the Xeno. Per his interview, he stated that the xenomorph is a result of millions of years of evolution and he wants to restore mystery to it. So he might be playing off the idea that David simply stole the concept from the engineers, basically just recreating the Xeno best he could.

We know David is losing his mind in Covenant, given he couldn't accurately recall who wrote Ozmandias when prompted by Walter. Given that and his god-complex instilled within him being modeled after Weyland, it's easy to see how he would assume the Xeno creation as his own, when all he was really doing was frankensteining together ingredients to mimic a species that was perfected millenniums ago. That is the direction I can almost guarantee Noah takes with his series.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: cucuchu on May 03, 2024, 10:40:55 AMThe one part he will be ignoring or at least 'fixing' is the origin of the Xeno. Per his interview, he stated that the xenomorph is a result of millions of years of evolution and he wants to restore mystery to it. So he might be playing off the idea that David simply stole the concept from the engineers, basically just recreating the Xeno best he could.

We know David is losing his mind in Covenant, given he couldn't accurately recall who wrote Ozmandias when prompted by Walter. Given that and his god-complex instilled within him being modeled after Weyland, it's easy to see how he would assume the Xeno creation as his own, when all he was really doing was frankensteining together ingredients to mimic a species that was perfected millenniums ago. That is the direction I can almost guarantee Noah takes with his series.

That's the impression I was under when Hawley first started making his comments about what isn't "useful" to him from the prequels, but recently we've also been hearing the name "Weyland-Yutani" thrown around a lot, which wouldn't gel with the show's supposed pre-Prometheus setting, either (unless it simply starts at that point in time and then jumps forward a few years, perhaps?).

cucuchu

cucuchu

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 03, 2024, 10:57:48 AM
Quote from: cucuchu on May 03, 2024, 10:40:55 AMThe one part he will be ignoring or at least 'fixing' is the origin of the Xeno. Per his interview, he stated that the xenomorph is a result of millions of years of evolution and he wants to restore mystery to it. So he might be playing off the idea that David simply stole the concept from the engineers, basically just recreating the Xeno best he could.

That's the impression I was under when Hawley first started making his comments about what isn't "useful" to him from the prequels, but recently we've also been hearing the name "Weyland-Yutani" thrown around a lot, which wouldn't gel with the show's supposed pre-Prometheus setting, either (unless it simply starts at that point in time and then jumps forward a few years, perhaps?).

Certainly possible, at least from what I've seen of his (just Fargo so far which is an amazing show; almost through season 4), I could see some jumping between time periods. He said he has a plan for multiple seasons so I wonder if he is talking to that vs just season 1. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed