Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 847,831 times)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 26, 2019, 02:52:22 AM
Actually, I've never saw that movie (Exists). Does big foot appear at any time in the film? cos there is not big foot in the big foot flick called Willow Creek. Just just like in the original Blair Witch, it's just terrified people filming with camera in hand whatever goes after them...there was a cult or something like that too, but no big foot.

Anyway, this kind of indie horror movies are a guilty pleasure for me.  ;D

Yes. It's also found footage but you get a good enough look from what I remember.
What I mainly like about this movie is how the creature is portrayed.

About Willow Creek, thought you did get to see Bigfoot for a couple of seconds.
And yeah, it was sorta implied Bigfoot bangs the women, perhaps in order to reproduce if that's possible.
Anyway, that movie was a mess.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

It was trying to tie in the phenomenon of people going missing in national parks, but you spend so much of the movie looking at Bigfoot swag getting sold and listening to fricking folk songs it's easy to forget about that plot point.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Well, you said something about what the movie add to the nature of the creature and now this...

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Aug 26, 2019, 05:05:56 AM
Yes. It's also found footage but you get a good enough look from what I remember.
What I mainly like about this movie is how the creature is portrayed.

Which leave me kinda curious. I think I'll give it a try one of these days, to make my own opinion of Exists. 

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 26, 2019, 05:15:40 AM
It was trying to tie in the phenomenon of people going missing in national parks, but you spend so much of the movie looking at Bigfoot swag getting sold and listening to fricking folk songs it's easy to forget about that plot point.

Word.

Huggs

Huggs

Sink The Bismarck (2/5)

Huggs

Huggs

Bram Stoker's Dracula (4/5)

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Train to Busan

Just fantastic

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Martial Law (1990)

Martial Law - Undercover (1991)

The Silence of the Hams (1994)

Deathstalker (1983)

Deathstalker 2 - Duel of the Titans (1987)

Deathstalker (1988)

Psycho Cop (1989)

Psycho Cop Returns (1993)

Angel has Fallen (2019)

Komodo (1999)

Watchers IV - Reborn (1998)

Huggs

Huggs

Angel has fallen?

What's the verdict on that one?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Torque

This was terrible, in all the best ways. It's like they took the first Fast & Furious and pumped it full of pure crack. :laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 28, 2019, 02:24:22 AM
Torque

This was terrible, in all the best ways. It's like they took the first Fast & Furious and pumped it full of pure crack. :laugh:

Oh god, was that the motorcycle movie?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 28, 2019, 02:27:30 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 28, 2019, 02:24:22 AM
Torque

Oh god, was that the motorcycle movie?

Yes. "I live my life a quarter mile at a time." "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard!"

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 27, 2019, 03:16:25 PM
Angel has fallen?

What's the verdict on that one?

It was okay. an enjoyable film in places and definitely better than London has Fallen

Crawl (2019)
A good creature feature, i did like how quickly it jumped into the story but it tried too hard to find reasons to extend what was going on and the ending was way too sudden

Russ

Russ

Quote from: P-Rock on Aug 23, 2019, 06:55:39 PM
The problem with the Hellraiser sequels from Inferno to Revelations is that they took an existing script and put Pinhead in them, making them feel 'off'. Judgment is an original Hellraiser script, but sadly it isn't very good either. They didn't even have the guts to ask Doug Bradley to reprise his role, opting for yet another actor to play Pinhead.

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Aug 24, 2019, 12:05:50 PM

The problem with the Hellraiser sequels from Inferno to Revelations is that they took an existing script and put Pinhead in them, making them feel 'off'. Judgment is an original Hellraiser script, but sadly it isn't very good either. They didn't even have the guts to ask Doug Bradley to reprise his role, opting for yet another actor to play Pinhead.

Thats why i only watch 1-Bloodlines in my Hellraiser watch throughs now.

I wouldnt mind reading the original scripts for Inferno to Hellworld
[/quote]

Quote from: P-Rock on Aug 24, 2019, 12:52:05 PM
Inferno definitely would've been a good movie if they didn't shoehorn Pinhead in.

I'm still waiting for that official director's cut of Bloodlines, which restores the original story structure and some deleted scenes. There's a fan-made workprint director's cut out there though, which is recommendable.

Sorry guys, I missed these.

Definitely true that some of the sequels were other movies with Cenobites put in - they were mostly OK. I mean, watchable. As I say, the best one for me (till Judgement) was "Deader"... I thought that even if it was a different movie, they captured the aestethic nicely and the train of the debauched was brilliant.

I'll definitely check out the fan-cut of Bloodlines - there seems to be a lot of lamenting about that one because it was supposed to be epic in scope - and you could kind of see what it wanted to be.

I loved the last one, Judgement, though. I'm not a Hellraiser nerd by any stretch, but I loved that they expanded the lore and had different hell factions and all that stuff

Spoiler
And the idea that Heaven was working with / actively promoting evil to increase its own "brand" was inspired. As was the end of casting Pinhead out.
[close]

Judgement was made by Gary Turnicliffe who's been working on the series since the first one in special effects - he was going to direct one (Inferno?) but couldn't. Judgement felt like everyone involved really gave their all.

Whereas in Hellworld, clearly no one cared at all.

Aside from that one, I don't think any of the sequels are as bad as they're made out to be. The one that got a lot of hate was "Revelations" but I actually quite liked that one.

But yeah - it was great fun to watch them all in succession.

Huggs

Huggs

Prometheus (3/5)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

American Samurai (1992)
I did enjoy this, although the very beginning is just forgotten about and i thought it would be more important. Mark Dacascos is always brilliant

Special Bulletin (1983)
Now this was tense. I did love how this just built and built.

The Puppet Masters (1994)
Ive been wanting to watch this for ages. Really good film and what a cast

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed