Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 848,162 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Apr 07, 2019, 10:07:20 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Apr 07, 2019, 10:01:20 PM
Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Apr 07, 2019, 09:58:33 PM
I wouldn't have met you all if not for Aliens.

Oh yes you would've. It was destiny, like in the terminator movies.  ;)

Likely due to Mark Rolston, perhaps.

Well, either way you're stuck with us now.  ;)

Best let this thread get back to business.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Beavis and Butt-Head Do America (1996)
Classic. I always forget Bruce Willis and Demi Moore are in this, doing the voices of a criminal ex-couple.
And a massive plus is the use of AC/DC's Gone Shootin'.

Elite Squad (Tropa De Elite) (2007) and Elite Squad: The Enemy Within (Tropa De Elite 2) (2010).
Proper crime-action movies about cops, corrupt cops and criminals in Rio de Janeiro.
Ironically the main actor and good guy is played by Wagner Moura, who plays Escobar in Narcos.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Honestly the Elite Squad movies showed me that Padilha could have made a very good Robocop movie if he had been given a free hand.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 08, 2019, 01:55:44 AM
Honestly the Elite Squad movies showed me that Padilha could have made a very good Robocop movie if he had been given a free hand.

Yeah, I remember being hopeful, even a little excited for the remake.
Then I became aware of the PG-13 rating, saw a couple of stills and passed on the movie.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Skyscraper
A switch your brain off Action film starring The Rock. Half the cast just appear and then disappear. could easily see this being made in the 90's. Wonder who the cast would have been

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Apr 08, 2019, 10:50:35 AM
Skyscraper
A switch your brain off Action film starring The Rock. Half the cast just appear and then disappear. could easily see this being made in the 90's. Wonder who the cast would have been

Or the 80's?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Apr 08, 2019, 10:50:35 AM
could easily see this being made in the 90's. Wonder who the cast would have been

Anna Nicole Smith for one. ;D

Huggs

Huggs

Decided to watch some of TLJ to see exactly what the big deal is.

It was so boring, I didn't even make it to 30 minutes.

Russ

Russ

Shazam!

It was awesome

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Collateral (2004)
Second viewing since its release. And now I remember why. I was voting for the bad guy.
Damn you, Jamie Foxx. He had to ruin things just like he did in Law Abiding Citizen.

Major League (1986)
Proper 80's sports comedy with Tom Berenger, Charlie Sheen, Wesley Snipes, Renee Russo,...

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Aquaman

A hell of a lot of fun.  As far as DC movies go, it ins't on the same level as MoS or BvS, but it is a blast to watch.  The casting was great, the visuals are gorgeous and the action was superb.  James Wan did an amazing job.  My only gripes were that the script felt a little weak in places, and I think Black Manta could have been saved for another movie.  Orm was more than enough for a movie villain.  Despite that, it was still awesome, just a shame I didn't get around to seeing it on the big screen

The Old One

The Old One

The same level? It doesn't induce headaches or it induces migraines?
MoS gave me a genuine headache because of the action primarily.
BvS, everything's headache inducing. The script especially.

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: The Old One on Apr 09, 2019, 08:08:18 PM
The same level? It doesn't induce headaches or it induces migraines?
MoS gave me a genuine headache because of the action primarily.
BvS, everything's headache inducing. The script especially.

Not on the same level because as far as I'm concerned, MoS and BvS are comic book movie masterpieces

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Apr 09, 2019, 06:33:30 PMCollateral (2004)
Second viewing since its release. And now I remember why. I was voting for the bad guy.
Damn you, Jamie Foxx. He had to ruin things just like he did in Law Abiding Citizen.

I absolutely love that movie. Cruise is one badass motherf*cker in it. The scene where he draws down on the two muggers in the alley and gives them both two in the chest and one in the head in like two seconds is incredible. Michael Mann must be a stickler for properly drilling his actors on how to handle firearms, because it always comes across on-screen.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Apr 09, 2019, 08:20:10 PM
As I'm concerned, MoS and BvS are comic book movie masterpieces

I don't trust you.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed