Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 848,122 times)

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 07, 2018, 01:20:58 AM
Quote from: Prez on Jun 07, 2018, 12:23:08 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Jun 06, 2018, 09:56:34 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 06, 2018, 11:23:56 AM
The legit best ones are Towering Inferno and Poseidon Adventure.

The airport movies weren't too bad either. I need to pick up Earthquake again sometime too. I seem to remember Heston drove a cool old blazer in that one. It had a custom transmission with like 15 freakin gears.

My 78 year old mother tells me how when seeing this film (or was it Towering Inferno) in the cinema as a young woman how the crowd cheered when one of the leads said `sh*t' ... a big deal back in the day for that cuss word to be used.

That would be McQueen in Towering Inferno. He says it near the end when he's told somebody (him) has to go blow the water tanks at the top of the tower to put out the fire. It's intimated that it's basically a suicide mission. McQueen was also the same actor to drop the famous "bullshit" line in Bullitt. To think such language was once taboo is frightening. The generation of innocence, I think they called it.

On a side note, my mother also saw it in theaters when she was a kid. She said the whole theater erupted into applause when Richard Chamberlain's character fell. Adios to the bad guy.

Love it! I know this sounds like me being an old(er) fart but I miss those days of no internet - going to the cinema in the late 70s & 80s, seeing films without any prior knowledge bar a trailer you may have seen before or a write up in the local paper or Starlog magazine.

Huggs

Huggs

Finally saw IT (2017) on Blu-Ray. Pretty good. The kids all did a good job acting, and the guy playing pennywise just killed it (pardon the pun). Some good scares and fun moments. It felt like it could've easily been screwed up, but they pulled it through with good acting and a solid script. I enjoyed it.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 08, 2018, 01:25:51 AM
Finally saw IT (2017) on Blu-Ray. Pretty good. The kids all did a good job acting, and the guy playing pennywise just killed it (pardon the pun). Some good scares and fun moments. It felt like it could've easily been screwed up, but they pulled it through with good acting and a solid script. I enjoyed it.

I enjoyed It in the theater. I'm waiting for the extended cut to come out before I buy it.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 08, 2018, 01:25:51 AM

Thought it was good but overhyped. If it wasn't for the cast I think it would've been average.
And I missed that creepy atmosphere of the original.
I'm looking forward to the sequel but I hope they take it up a notch.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 06, 2018, 09:50:33 PMFrom the director of Phantasm.

Ah, Phantasm. One of my all-time favourite series.

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 06, 2018, 09:56:34 PMThe airport movies weren't too bad either.

It's been an age since I saw them, but I remember the first one being good and the sequels getting increasingly silly.

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 07, 2018, 01:20:58 AMMcQueen was also the same actor to drop the famous "bullshit" line in Bullitt.

Bullitt's an awesome film (and not just because of the world's most over-hyped car chase). If you ignore the fact it was so obviously filmed in the 60s (hard to do; it's 60s as f*ck :laugh:) it's actually a pretty modern movie. A lot of the procedural stuff foreshadowed where TV has gone since. I love Robert Vaughn in it. Such a slimy shit.

I don't normally like films that old, I find them way too corny, but Bullitt is so straight and gritty I love it.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Upgrade

Enjoyable as hell sci-fi thriller. It has one hell of an ending, too. Also, the cop looks and sounds exactly like Kima from The Wire, only it's a completely different actress. Weird.

Scorpio

Scorpio

GI Joe Rise of Cobra (2009) - I got the bluray of this, I think this is a fun/entertaining action movie, way better than those Transformers flicks.

Stitch

Stitch

Deep Blue Sea.

Dumb but awesome. I love it.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Pacific Rim 2
I liked it better than the first one. Little less drama and less literal dark.
Special effects were pretty good imo.

The Old One

The Old One

Cargo

Best zombie film since 28 Days Later.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 08, 2018, 08:28:00 AM
It's been an age since I saw them, but I remember the first one being good and the sequels getting increasingly silly.

The crosseyed stewardess flying the plane wasn't silly, it was scary as all-get-out.  ;)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

2036: Origin Unknown (2018)
About a Mars mission and A.I. starring Katee Sackhoff
Pretty decent.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 08, 2018, 08:28:00 AM
Bullitt's an awesome film (and not just because of the world's most over-hyped car chase). If you ignore the fact it was so obviously filmed in the 60s (hard to do; it's 60s as f*ck :laugh:) it's actually a pretty modern movie. A lot of the procedural stuff foreshadowed where TV has gone since. I love Robert Vaughn in it. Such a slimy shit.

I don't normally like films that old, I find them way too corny, but Bullitt is so straight and gritty I love it.

That's one of the main things I like about those old movies like Bullitt, Alien, etc. So much effort went into the world, and not just the characters or some love story or what-have-you. Everything was so detailed and procedural. Everything felt real. People working, using things, tools, machines, processes. Now we just pan past all sorts of wonderful technology and things and are expected to accept it without question or interest since we're a very techno-savvy society. Where's the salesmanship? It's a lost art I tell you.

Well, the Martian was pretty good about it, but he was depending on that gear for his life. So the technology had to play a bigger role and seem legit while doing it.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Kingdom of Heaven - Director's Cut

"I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle!" Qui-Gon is bragging again. :laugh:

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood (1996)
Proper parody on Boyz 'N' The Hood, Menace II Society and others. And the best Wayans brothers movie.
With one of my all time favorite jokes: a dad who's younger than his son.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed