Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 847,674 times)

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 07, 2023, 08:18:46 AMSo the lady and I have watched the reboot trilogy of Ape films, and have made it through 4 of the classics over the last 3 or 4 days. I'd forgot how much I enjoyed the reboots without ever watching the classics before now, and now I just love 'em even more seeing all the various things they pulled from the original stories.

Underrated (reboot) Trilogy. All 3 are very solid/good films.
The originals are a bit hit and miss. But they do have some very iconic moments. I'm old enough to remember the TV series too. If you can hunt them down and watch them.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Death on the Nile (1978)

I'm starting to think that this particular Christie story in general doesn't do much for me, both film versions fall a bit flat, IMO. Holly Goodhead doesn't help in the old one, either. :laugh:

Once Upon a Time in the West

"You know, Jill, you remind me of my mother. She was the biggest whore in Alameda and the finest woman that ever lived." :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

To Live and Die in L.A.

I had to get a Friedkin film in this week.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Last Voyage of the Demeter

It has its flaws, but it's an enjoyable monster movie.

The Fifth Element

"I should take pictures. For the archives." :laugh:

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 12, 2023, 01:39:37 PMThe Fifth Element

Did you spot Luc Besson's cameo?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 12, 2023, 02:34:43 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 12, 2023, 01:39:37 PMThe Fifth Element

Did you spot Luc Besson's cameo?

I did not. But I spotted Mathieu Kassovitz.  :laugh:

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 12, 2023, 02:57:45 PMI did not. But I spotted Mathieu Kassovitz.  :laugh:

Gimme the cash!!

Wasn't Besson one of the opera-goers? Or am I misremembering?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Extraction

We got a two-month free Netflix trial through Sky Mobile so I'm binging some of the stuff I always wanted to see but couldn't be bothered to sign up for, starting with this. A fairly decent action flick let down badly by some atrocious CGI.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Jenny left me alone on my day off yesterday so I binged some more movies I'd not seen on Netflix.

Heart of Stone

Nothing special, but entertaining enough I guess. Not sure Gal Gadot was terribly convincing in the lead role. It also felt like obvious set-up for a franchise that probably won't happen.

6 Underground

The action scenes in this were surprisingly awesome, especially the insane opening car chase and the magnet battle on the boat. Sadly everything in between them was a total mess. Again, obvious set-up for a franchise that's already been cancelled.

F9

After the last few, I only watched this because it was a chance to satisfy my morbid curiosity for free. Colour me surprised, I actually ended up enjoying it more than any of its immediate predecessors. I'm not even sure why, because a lot of it was objectively crap. Maybe it's just because Justin Lin was back in the director's chair.

Stitch

Stitch

Meg 2: The Trench

Awful. Absolutely terrible. But ridiculously entertaining. It's a bad movie which knows it's a bad movie, and just runs with it. I would happily watch it again.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
Star Trek III: The Search for Spock

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Meg 2: The Trench
So cheesily bad and fun at the same time. I enjoyed it, but throwing bits from various books was random. Loved the higher body count and once surprisingly violent death

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home

Spock really doesn't like Italian food.  :laugh:

Also McCoy's civilian clothes have only improved since TMP.

Prez

Prez

Oppenheimer
Some films just leave you breathless.
Masterpiece. Top notch from all aspects.
Spoiler
Whilst the Trinity test is the centrepiece of this film, I must admit the third act around the charges brought against Oppenheimers by Strauss was even more compelling and in true Nolan fashion jumping between timelines and events crescendoing in an absolutely dagger through the heart revelation from the man himself.
[close]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

A Walk Among the Tombstones

One of Neeson's better movies.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed