Civilization IV

Started by Fitzley, Jun 11, 2007, 09:48:59 PM

Author
Civilization IV (Read 2,453 times)

Fitzley

Fitzley

Anybody play? I am looking for some good human opponents to match wits with.

If you have never been into the Civilization series, I highly recommend it. Its a turn-based strategy game. Good graphics, very fun and addictive game.

You begin at the dawn of civilization and command a nation from 4000BC until 2100AD. Building and improving cities, build wonders of the world, commanding armies, conducting government, diplomacy, trade, research technology (which advances you through the ages)--its got it all. Its like a nation/history simulator.

You can choose from a number of civilizations or nations, the Germans, French, American, Mayan, Arabs, English, Egyptians, Chinese, Indian, Babylonian, Aztec, Mongol, etc... Each nation has its own special features and a special unit based on history. For instance, the Germans are the only ones that can build Panzers when they make it to the industrial age. The expansion pack, Warlords, adds even more.

There are several ways to win, diplomatic victory (elected world leader), cultural victory (you earn culture points for certain city improvements and wonders), domination victory (dominate 70% of the globe), space race victory (be the first to Alpha Centauri with a colony ship), or of course--world conquest.

Anyway, its a really awesome game IMO, so I wanted to see if they were any others here who play.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed