Aliens: Resistance (Defiance sequel)

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Sep 28, 2018, 06:24:14 PM

Author
Aliens: Resistance (Defiance sequel) (Read 77,938 times)

The Old One

The Old One

So you need another angle of personal torment to inject into a new one then.
Instead of Giger pastiche for an Alien planet for instance then.

Ultramorph

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqUug3bBYuv/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Another peak from Tristan. His variants are going to be amazing! I have high hopes for this series as a whole.

Russ840

So F***ing good

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Old One on Nov 18, 2018, 02:46:08 AM
It does-

H.R Giger defined it.
It's an phallic-headed gaunt- chitinous "man" with a tail, always.
Beautiful and elegant in its own way, as Giger would say.
That's what I mean - it's got a vague, easily-reinterpreted framework, but beyond that the artist can tinker with it and make it unique (case in point: Tristan taking elements from both Big Chap and the Isolation design).

Is every execution to my liking? Not necessarily, but it's the fact that artists have the liberty to try that appeals to me.

And for the record, I was very okay with AvPR's Predalien (and most Predalien designs, for that matter). shit, I'm even okay with the bulk of the Kenner hybrids, they "make sense" to me from a visual standpoint and use instantly recognizable visual shorthand. Anyone can look at most of them and say "oh, that's a xenomorph born from __________".

Immortan Jonesy

Sandbox analogy aside, the bad storytelling (just as a bad handled creature) is a real thing.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: The Old One on Nov 18, 2018, 02:11:55 PM
So you need another angle of personal torment to inject into a new one then.
Instead of Giger pastiche for an Alien planet for instance then.

Everybody who makes new Aliens films is aping Giger.  It is all a pastiche.  If an artist has a uniquely personal vision, it should be explored as something not related in any way to the Aliens universe.  Otherwise, come to grips with the fact that you are reimagining Giger's visual ideas.  It's ok.

toro

toro

Quote from: Ultramorph on Nov 18, 2018, 04:30:01 PM

Another peak from Tristan. His variants are going to be amazing! I have high hopes for this series as a whole.
would anyone argue with this statement if i said no-one has ever drawn a better xenomorph than tristan jones?

Perfect-Organism

Well, there was Giger and Den Beauvais..

toro

toro

sorry, i meant in comic book format
den beauvais draws a beautiful alien, i just find jones to be the most terrifying version

SM

SM

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Nov 18, 2018, 11:56:19 PM

And Killian Plunkett.

And Dave Dorman.

But granted it's a short list.

Perfect-Organism

Jones' alien is undeniably amazing in every way.  He truly captures the spirit of the Alien.  Some wrists make them seem like caricatures.   Jones' alien is legit scary.  But Beauvais captures the beauty of the Alien and the animal motions incredibly well.  It is almost a tie for me.  I just love how Beauvais' color work captures the feel of the film.

Xiggz456

Quote from: toro on Nov 18, 2018, 11:19:36 PM
Quote from: Ultramorph on Nov 18, 2018, 04:30:01 PM

would anyone argue with this statement if i said no-one has ever drawn a better xenomorph than tristan jones?

Tristan, Den Beauvais, and Juan Ferreyra are my top three (no particular order).

Dave Dorman and Killian Plunkett honorable mention

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Nov 19, 2018, 01:04:05 AM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Nov 18, 2018, 11:56:19 PM

And Killian Plunkett.

And Dave Dorman.

But granted it's a short list.
Hear hear.

Plunkett will always be at the top for me.

Honorable mention to the artist who did 'Aliens: Apocalypse'. Yeah, yeah, he was using the 'Alien Resurrection' design which isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I felt he made it look great.

Ultramorph

Solicitation for #2 is up!

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/2018/11/19/exclusive-dark-horse-february-2019-solicitations-aliens-resistance-and-more/

Spoiler
QuoteAmanda Ripley and Zula Hendricks make their way to the Weyland-Yutani black site, with the intent to disrupt a xenomorph-based weapons test. Only once they've arrived do they realize what is truly at stake, and that they must do whatever it takes to ensure this new technology is never deployed.

Amanda Ripley is back and ready for action!
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Normal cover art.

And Tristan's variant.

I'm really curious to see how the
Spoiler
weapon's test
[close]
is visualized. I hope it's something a little different.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed