Resident Evil 6

Started by Xenodog, Jan 19, 2012, 10:38:12 PM

Author
Resident Evil 6 (Read 68,131 times)

Xenodog

Xenodog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOcwyQOmrck#ws

O.P'ed by Ryu, though I felt it significant enough to have it's own thread!

Tad of info -- It will be coming on November 20th to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, and a PC version will follow later. The game will feature both single-player and co-op gameplay.

According to Capcom, the game's story is as follows: "It has been ten years since the Raccoon City incident and the President of the United States has decided to reveal the truth behind what took place in the belief that it will curb the current resurgence in bioterrorist activity. Due to be by the President's side is his personal friend and Raccoon City survivor, Leon S. Kennedy, but when the venue suffers a bioterrorist attack, Leon is forced to face a President transformed beyond recognition and make his hardest ever decision. At the same time, Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance member Chris Redfield arrives in China, itself under threat of a bioterrorist attack. With no country safe from these attacks and the ensuing outbreaks, the entire world's population is united by a common fear that there is no hope left."

From IGN - http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1216867p1.html

The Golden Fox

The Golden Fox

Quote from: Xenodog on Jan 19, 2012, 10:38:12 PM
At the same time, Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance member Chris Redfield arrives in China, itself under threat of a bioterrorist attack.

Wait, was Chris in that trailer? I didn't see the Hulk running around anywhere, so they must've toned down his muscles a whole bit...

Valaquen

Valaquen

Looks better than RE5, tell ya that. For the first time in years, I anticipate a new RE game.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Wow, this snuck up on me. They usually announce the big RE games a year or two before release.

First Blood

First Blood

Dear god I can't wait. Looks great.

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: The Golden Fox on Jan 19, 2012, 10:40:38 PM
At the same time, Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance member Chris Redfield arrives in China, itself under threat of a bioterrorist attack.

Wait, was Chris in that trailer? I didn't see the Hulk running around anywhere, so they must've toned down his muscles a whole bit...

Missed the big Tyrant-esque mutant with the mechanical arm bit then.  ;)

And I hope this is equal parts Zombies to Majini, not zombies for the opening and then the rest RE5 style. Also interested to see what new B.O.Ws they cook up!

First Blood

First Blood

Wonder if they're going to break up the chapters between playing as Chris and playing as Leon.

The Golden Fox

The Golden Fox

Quote from: Xenodog on Jan 19, 2012, 10:57:33 PM
Quote from: The Golden Fox on Jan 19, 2012, 10:40:38 PM

Missed the big Tyrant-esque mutant with the mechanical arm bit then.  ;)

And I hope this is equal parts Zombies to Majini, not zombies for the opening and then the rest RE5 style. Also interested to see what new B.O.Ws they cook up!

Ah, I think I saw him now. He looks a whole lot better than in 'RE5'.

Quote from: First Blood on Jan 19, 2012, 10:59:40 PM
Wonder if they're going to break up the chapters between playing as Chris and playing as Leon.

You'll get to play as the baldish 'Superman' character as well, it seems. I have no idea who that is. I initially guessed that they'd brought Steve Burnside back to life.

Snowdog

Snowdog

This is the best resident evil day ever ;D resident evil 6 announced + trailer / resident evil retribution teaser + interviews / resident evil revelations 3DS demo

I'm quite pleased for one day :laugh:

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: The Golden Fox on Jan 19, 2012, 11:02:29 PM

You'll get to play as the baldish 'Superman' character as well, it seems. I have no idea who that is. I initially guessed that they'd brought Steve Burnside back to life.

From something he said he's a mercenary...any surviving from older games? Reminded me kinda' of Nikolai but he's too dead for the role.

The Golden Fox

The Golden Fox

Quote from: Xenodog on Jan 19, 2012, 11:09:00 PM

From something he said he's a mercenary...any surviving from older games? Reminded me kinda' of Nikolai but he's too dead for the role.

Unless they kill him in 'O:RC', Nicholai's fate is undecided (Seeing as you can decide it at the end of 'RE3'). But I think he's too young to be him. It's probably gonna be a new character.

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: The Golden Fox on Jan 19, 2012, 11:12:22 PM
Quote from: Xenodog on Jan 19, 2012, 11:09:00 PM

Unless they kill him in 'O:RC', Nicholai's fate is undecided (Seeing as you can decide it at the end of 'RE3'). But I think he's too young to be him. It's probably gonna be a new character.

True, I just let him die in mine everytime, forgot there was a survival option.  :laugh:

Remonster

Remonster

At the end of the game its revealed to be Hunk  :D

The Golden Fox

The Golden Fox

Here's some details on the game.

http://gamingbolt.com/resident-evil-6-trailer-analysis-heres-what-you-missed

Spoiler
QuoteDetails:

The game has co-op. It is confirmed.
    Leon and Chris will work together. They are both playable. For the first time ever, these two characters will be in a same game.
    Ashley seems to be back.
    The game is action oriented. Capcom are calling it 'dramatic horror'.
    The game is set 10 years after the Racoon city incident.
    There will be multiple playable characters.
    The graphics are much improved over Resident Evil 5. It looks much more crispy and features a lot of neat visual effects. The lighting and textures are also impressive.
    China is under threat from a bio-terror attack.
    The game is a globe-trotting adventure.
    There will be a deep melee combat system
    Hunnigan is in the trailer at 1:05
    You can see some beautiful Chinese locations which also showcases the lighting tech.

Director: Eiichiro Sasaki (Star Gladiator, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Tech Romancer, Project Justice, Power Stone 2, Resident Evil Outbreak, Resident Evil Outbreak 2, Zack & Wiki, Bionic Commando)
    Producer: Yoshiaki Hirabayashi (Re-make, RE0, RE4, REUC, RE5, PN03, Sengoku Basara 3, Dino Crisis 3, Viewtiful Joe, Viewtiful Joe 2)
    Executive producer: Hiroyuki Kobayashi (RE1, RE2, REDC, RE2DS Version, RE3, RECVX, RE0, RE-make, RE4, REDS. DMC, DMC2, DMC3. Dino Crisis 1, 2 y 3. Sengoku Basara 1, SB2, SB2H, SBX, SBBH, SBSH, SBCH. PN03, Killer7, Under the Skin, Devil Kings, Dragon's Dogma)

The game seems to be going back to the "horror" roots of the older Resident Evil games while also keeping the action at an all time high.
    Animations are fantastic.

Chris' gameplay will probably feature cover based shooting, as seen in the video at 1:52 and 2:45.
    The ability to slide into cover will also be featured into game, as seen at 2:45.
    Players can also sprint this time around, as seen at 1:44.
    There is a new character in the game. He is an ex-mercenary, by the looks of it, and is also a playable character.
    The game  will have diverse shooting, more than just the traditional Resident Evil over-the-shoulder gameplay style.
    There seems to be a large focus on set-pieces, and maybe even a few vehicle sections.
[close]

First Blood

First Blood

The only thing that has me a little worried is seeing Ashley with the mystery character. Hope it doesn't turn into a babysitting exercise like some of the moments from RE4.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed