ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages)

Started by Cvalda, Nov 23, 2013, 05:33:45 AM

Author
ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages) (Read 395,255 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 02, 2016, 12:06:10 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 02, 2016, 11:58:06 AMI hope it comes with the same extras and stuff as the ultra-expensive edition (but I'll understand if it doesn't).

If the standard editions in French and Spanish are anything to go by, most of the inserts will be omitted from the cheaper version.

That's what I couldn't remember. Do we have any lists of what we're in them?

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 02, 2016, 06:02:23 PMThat's what I couldn't remember. Do we have any lists of what we're in them?

The Overview section here points out which inserts are in the French/Spanish SE and lists the inserts that are exclusive the the CE.

Xenomrph

The added inserts are mega-tempting, but I'm not sure it justifies paying 6x the price of the "cheap" version.

HuDaFuK

They are cool, but not really worth the huge amount more you have to pay to get them (likewise the case).

I only got the Collector's Edition myself because I fortuitously came into some money around the time the book was released, so I figured I'd blow some of it.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 03, 2016, 04:24:33 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 02, 2016, 06:02:23 PMThat's what I couldn't remember. Do we have any lists of what we're in them?

The Overview section here points out which inserts are in the French/Spanish SE and lists the inserts that are exclusive the the CE.

Thank you kindly.

I feel like it's more the slipcase you're paying that extra for. In itself that thing is quite a high-end collectable.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 04, 2016, 08:41:05 AMI feel like it's more the slipcase you're paying that extra for. In itself that thing is quite a high-end collectable.

Pretty much. Although the replica of Burke's comm card is a neat little item.

locusta

Very happy about the decision to go with an for everyone affordable edition as well. Even at the risk to sound clouded by vanity, I would love to know, that every fan has it on the book shelf  ;)

Corporal Hicks

You have damn good reason for that vanity.  :P

I'm really happy they're bringing out a standard edition. I'd like to have a copy on my shelf alongside the others.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 03, 2016, 04:24:33 PM

I'm itching to know what Mister Jones' veterinary report said.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 04, 2016, 01:56:25 PMI'm itching to know what Mister Jones' veterinary report said.

Nothing terribly exciting I'm afraid.

The debrief report from the guy aboard the Auriga was a nice touch though. Doubly so as I didn't expect anything good to be included based on that film, given its reputation.

Perfect-Organism

Forgive my misunderstanding of the military but how can Hudson have discharge papers if he died in the movie?  When he was whining about 4 more weeks and out did that mean that his discharge was already formalized and it was just a matter of time before he was let go?

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jan 04, 2016, 02:03:24 PMWhen he was whining about 4 more weeks and out did that mean that his discharge was already formalized and it was just a matter of time before he was let go?

You just answered your own question :)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

So Mister Jones wasn't preggers or anything exiting?  :-\

Was Hudson's discharge an honourable one or more of a dishonourable one?

predxeno

I'm wondering if this book is supposed to be exclusively canon to the new Alien universe from Neil Blomkamp's highly anticipated sequel.  Is there any mention to the events of Alien 3 and Alien: Resurrection in this book?  And I don't mean just by the featuring of the the Runner, since the DNA Reflex is a significant part of the Alien anatomy it will certainly be canon in either universe.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: predxeno on Jan 04, 2016, 05:41:19 PM
I'm wondering if this book is supposed to be exclusively canon to the new Alien universe from Neil Blomkamp's highly anticipated sequel.

No, the book was already finished long before Blomkamp's film was even announced.

Quote from: predxeno on Jan 04, 2016, 05:41:19 PM
Is there any mention to the events of Alien 3 and Alien: Resurrection in this book?  And I don't mean just by the featuring of the the Runner, since the DNA Reflex is a significant part of the Alien anatomy it will certainly be canon in either universe.

Yes, there is about sixteen pages devoted to Alien 3 and Alien: Resurrection respectively.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed