Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 777,931 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

To be fair Whedon and Jeunet are hardly slouches with bad filmographies either. The Buffy series may not be for me, but it's a very popular franchise.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I'm actually fond of most of Whedon's stuff, but his style is completely wrong for Alien.  Always was, always will be.  Same with Jeunet.

They're no Avellone/Glazer.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 07, 2019, 02:37:38 AM
I'm actually fond of most of Whedon's stuff, but his style is completely wrong for Alien.  Always was, always will be.  Same with Jeunet.

Oh, for sure! It's one of the things I truly find fascinating about Resurrection. People who I consider being very talented with not so much interference with Fox coming together to make this inappropriate Alien film.

SiL

SiL

Alien: all of the right talented people on the right project.

Alien Resurrection: all of the wrong talented people on the right project.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Speaking of AR, I now wonder if the egg on the Sulaco could have also provided the USM with ample genetic material to clone an alien in lieu of Ripley's blood samples.  After all, it's more than just a shell and seems to be an organism in and of itself.

Not to mention the facehugger corpse on Fury, but I've already been over that...

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

If we assume the egg and Facehugger are independent organisms and that the latter injects some kind of mutagenic fluid into hosts to create a Chestburster - both of which are suggested in the expanded lore - then its reasonable that neither would help you get an Alien once they've served their biological purpose.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 08, 2019, 12:40:14 PMPerhaps Plagiarus praepotens residue could be acquired through the Egg or the Facehugger

Given how much trouble they were having getting a sample in Cold Forge, it can't.

The Old One

The Old One

True. Regardless if they had access to either they'd be able to outright clone that stage instead,
bypassing the need for Ellen Ripley completely.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Indeed.

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 08, 2019, 12:40:14 PM
Perhaps Plagiarus praepotens residue could be acquired through the Egg or the Facehugger, but if there's no Egg,
if the first Facehugger is burned away in the electrical fire and the second impregnates Spike then hides itself away in the labyrinth that is the Fury 161 structure- it's a non-issue.

Why would the facehugger wander very far away from where it got Spike?  A deliberate search of the grounds by the company should have yielded at least some tangible specimens.

The Old One

The Old One

Because it conceals itself.
E.G; Alien.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

What about the AC?

The Old One

The Old One

The Special Edition's birth's non-Canon.

Alien³

Alien³

Huggs

Huggs

Nice to see the threads alive and well.

Samhain13

Samhain13

And people complained about muh canon threads. This is the one discussion that will go on circles forever.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed