Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 773,391 times)

Oasis Nadrama

Oasis Nadrama

I'm still curious to know if any Alien fans genuinely believe that Bishop did it.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I take Vermillion at his word.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Oasis Nadrama on Feb 28, 2019, 04:45:19 AM
I'm still curious to know if any Alien fans genuinely believe that Bishop did it.

I believe it's absolutely possible from a narrative standpoint.

In today's movie market, excuses of a much more ridiculous nature are used often.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

We live in a post-ACM world.  Anything is possible.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 28, 2019, 04:52:13 AM
We live in a post-ACM world.  Anything is possible.

See

Oasis Nadrama

Oasis Nadrama

Bishop doing it can be logical in the story's diegesis, but it is absurd when you consider the tone of the character in the movie. He's introduced, developed and concluded as a good guy altogether; more than good, actually amazing. He's the next best thing to Ripley in the movie when it comes to intelligence and heroic feats.

It brings interesting questions about intradiegetic believability VS stylization and respect for the author's intent.

SM

SM

Give me strength, o Lord, to endure.

Rankles75

Rankles75

None who have crossed paths with this thread may e'er be free of it.

Oasis Nadrama

Oasis Nadrama

Abandon hope all ye who enter here.

Huggs

Huggs

Ours is not to reason why

Oasis Nadrama

Oasis Nadrama

Fun fact: this weekend I was watching Alien 3 Assembly Cut with a lover in bed and during the very prologue, they asked "Wait... How the HELL did this egg get there? How? When?"

And they kept asking. Until I told them there was a 60-pages-or-something thread about that on some Alien forums.

Then I got back and saw it was 170;D

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Oasis Nadrama on Feb 28, 2019, 04:45:19 AM

I think it destroys all point having Bishop in Aliens in the first place. I mean, he was introduced to show that androids not bad by themselves but because of programing. Without him there would be another trope in Alien franchise - "androids always are bad".

Also it destoys all importance of Bishop inclusion in 3. We can sympathize him because he had been pretty good dude but it didn't save him fromhis terrible fate (he was tore to pieces, you know)

Oasis Nadrama

Oasis Nadrama

You're right, it is not only contradictory to the intents of AlienS, it also goes against Alien 3 itself.

P-Rock

P-Rock

I do not believe the Bishop theory. Why do people have such a hard time admitting that it's a glaring plot hole? This movie was a mess from the start.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Everyone knows it was a plot-hole.

Just trying to fansplain it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed