Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 776,338 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

If the Covenant crew brought a farm in the guise of embryos; then surely the Hadley's Hope colony had a farm too. Suddenly thousands of aliens everywhere. However the animal-xeno's are dumb, like the runner alien so the colonist were able to hold them at bay. It wasn't until the human-xeno's started breading did they lose the battle.

It probably was one hell of a first stand to say nothing of the last stand slaughter. Movies to be made.

The Old One

The Old One

Movies to be made potentially- just not needlessly setting it at Hadley's Hope.

SM

SM

Quote from: whiterabbit on Aug 25, 2018, 10:35:55 PM
If the Covenant crew brought a farm in the guise of embryos; then surely the Hadley's Hope colony had a farm too. Suddenly thousands of aliens everywhere. However the animal-xeno's are dumb, like the runner alien so the colonist were able to hold them at bay. It wasn't until the human-xeno's started breading did they lose the battle.

It probably was one hell of a first stand to say nothing of the last stand slaughter. Movies to be made.

Non-movie stuff has mentioned livestock - but there's no evidence in the film.  No obvious animal pens, no animal bodies.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Aug 25, 2018, 09:37:41 PM
Quote from: The Old One on Aug 25, 2018, 02:00:12 PM
I'd like to know from J C himself what weaponry the colony had access to.
As in the film, it doesn't seem like there was anything other than explosives.

Small arms. The script said they had pulse rifles.

I always thought it was odd that they'd be armed with the same state-of-the-art firepower as the marines.  Although, just because they had pulse rifles doesn't mean they were loaded with explosive-tipped AP rounds.

The Old One

The Old One

Possibly older Pulse Rifle models?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Possibly.  Also possibly civilian variants of the USCM model.  IIRC, there was a model that lacked the grenade launcher.  Perhaps it was replaced with a pump action shotgun instead, which would make sense for a civilian weapon.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

They must have had a small geologist/security team crew who was certified for small arms fire. Which could be non-auto pulse rifles. Although most of the damage appeared to be from seismic charges. Lots of home made weapons and ied's.

Quote from: SM on Aug 25, 2018, 10:43:31 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Aug 25, 2018, 10:35:55 PM

Non-movie stuff has mentioned livestock - but there's no evidence in the film.  No obvious animal pens, no animal bodies.
Well there was one live hamster and they didn't even rescue it.  :'(

Vermillion

Vermillion

And a wet donut.

And I'm not talking your prom date either.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

That wet donut was a survivor.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Why hasn't anyone told the donuts story. I'm sure it has something to do with a Homer Simpson dude being in charge of safety protocols.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Al Simpson sure looked like he'd eaten a donut or two in his time.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 26, 2018, 04:01:10 AM
Al Simpson sure looked like he'd eaten a donut or two in his time.

Are you saying that donut...was Al Simpson?  :D

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Or that donut belonged to Al Simpson.

Just watch his scene in Aliens and tell me that he wasn't heading straight for a donut when Lydecker chased him down. Go ahead, I dare you.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Oh lol I forgot that there was a Simpson in charge. Actually wasn't there a Lydecker and Simpson thread a while back...

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 25, 2018, 10:45:13 PM
I always thought it was odd that they'd be armed with the same state-of-the-art firepower as the marines.

Funny that, I always thought it was odd that schoolkids in your country would be armed with the same state-of-the-art firepower as your marines.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed