Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 773,499 times)

Vermillion

Vermillion

Bishop cut himself too. 
He put Hudson in danger.
He's not perfect.
Hence the scene.
And Ripley's reaction to the corn bread.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: SiL on Aug 09, 2017, 10:51:35 AM

An egg being there isn't the issue. Where it is, is the issue. And that came about during the shoot, not the script. And their answer would be "We had to do something so we stuck it somewhere".

They actually had to build the egg prop first, it wasn't just a case of just "we stuck it somewhere".  Someone must have had the idea to include the egg, had the prop department build one, plus the set where they placed it.

QuoteHe couldn't leave Hicks.

He didn't have to take Ripley to the Atmosphere Processor, either, he could have just flown back to the Sulaco.

QuoteNo, Burke needed victims. Ripley and Newt were conveniently separated from the others.

He could've got one of the marines.  Lt Gorman was unconscious, perfect opportunity.  But having civilians infected would be easier to get through quarantine, presumably.

QuoteHicks was unconscious; why would Bishop need to care about maximizing potential hosts when he has an unconscious victim already lying around?

As we saw in Alien 3, there were at least 2 facehuggers.  Plus he gives the facehugger more choice of hosts.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 09, 2017, 12:41:06 PM

In his role attached to a marine combat unit, he "lets" human beings march into dangerous situations all the time.

Marines, yes, not civilians with no combat training.

Alien³

Alien³

Ripley: Was there an alien on board?

Bishop: *beat* Yes...*coughs* I brought them.

Ripley: What was that?

Bishop: Nothing.

You'd think if it was meant to be Bishop he'd have confessed to Ripley on his death bed.

I guess their friendly banter about hurt legs and new hair cuts was all a ruse, so he could hide his secret of stolen eggs in a window of impossible time.

Scorpio

Scorpio

You know what, when I watched Aliens again earlier and the scene where Ripley says "Bishop, you did ok.", then Bishop says "I did?", followed by him being impaled by an alien's tail.  It's almost as if Bishop is being punished for something.

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

We're all being punished.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: Kelgaard on Aug 10, 2017, 02:39:14 AM

That's a negative attitude.

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

I'm kidding.  :P

But clarify because I've lost track. Is this Bishop thing what you believe?

Scorpio

Scorpio

What I believe isn't important.

Hemi

Hemi

Quote from: Kelgaard on Aug 10, 2017, 02:39:14 AM

Brilliant  :laugh:

QuoteWhat I believe isn't important.

When folk start to question the actual creators of the movies and start believing their own theories then yeah, really not important...sorry.  :-\

These discussions pop-up more often now, specially with convoluted movies like Prometheus and Covenant. What surprises me is that the orginals are beeing subjected to these questions by the fans.

Alien and Aliens are clear as day, and if the directors had some weird meaning behind characters and secret plotlines, don't you think we would have known by now? As if Cameron goes to bed at night rubbing his hands together, laughing sinister and going; "Muhahaha, I have them all fooled! Pesky Aliens fanboys. Muhahaha."

No...

Now Ridley on the other hand...  :P

PS: The egg on the sulaco simply tells you what kind of movie you are about to watch... One with many mistakes, lol.  (and still one of my personal favourites)  :D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Aug 09, 2017, 10:02:19 AM
Twohy has them finding eggs in space.

Wasn't it a fossilized facehugger?

Quote from: Hemi on Aug 09, 2017, 10:38:09 AM
The egg shot should just be removed from the final movie. Stowaway huggers would have been better imo. The shot itself is a tad useless.

And it goes nicely with that easter egg during the Aliens credits. I prefer the concept myself but it does raise the question (and quite rightfully) of why it wouldn't have tried to get Newt or Ripley at the end of Aliens. You can fansplain it away with the Queen told it to get to safety or whatever.

Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 10, 2017, 12:26:22 AM
They actually had to build the egg prop first, it wasn't just a case of just "we stuck it somewhere".  Someone must have had the idea to include the egg, had the prop department build one, plus the set where they placed it.

I have a vague recollection of reading somewhere that mutliple were actually built? I remember something about production documents talking about multiple miniature eggs for Alien 3.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 10, 2017, 08:48:50 AMWasn't it a fossilized facehugger?

In a moment of pure Jurassic Park rip-off, it's fossilised in amber.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 10, 2017, 08:48:50 AMI have a vague recollection of reading somewhere that mutliple were actually built? I remember something about production documents talking about multiple miniature eggs for Alien 3.

I imagine they had some lying around from the meat locker scene that never got filmed.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm not sure they needed any for the meat locker, did they? I thought that was more cocoons than actual eggs.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Good point, the Queen hadn't been born yet!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

There was that rumor around for a while that was for eggmorphing though.

I really wish we'd have got to see the Runner kidnapping and cocooning people in preparation for the Queen.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, I rewatched the film yesterday and even in the bit where Ripley goes to find it to see if it'll kill her - it's just hanging around in a basement doing nothing, which seems kinda silly. It would've been nice to see it starting to build a hive down there, even if it was just a bit of goop on the walls.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed