Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 776,756 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Mar 18, 2024, 01:57:49 AMDo we know "for a fact" the Queen weighs more than a ton?

We will if you decree it as such.

DARIAS93

DARIAS93

Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 18, 2024, 02:07:39 AMAliens always felt like they weight way less than they look.

You think so? I think they weigh twice or even three times the size of an average man, since they can effortlessly drag people around.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

She had to be heavy enough to stomp around on the hangar bay floor grates looking for Newt the way she did.

But would she have to weigh more than a ton to do that?

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: DARIAS93 on Mar 18, 2024, 02:12:21 AM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 18, 2024, 02:07:39 AMAliens always felt like they weight way less than they look.

You think so? I think they weigh twice or even three times the size of an average man, since they can effortlessly drag people around.

Like how ants carry up 10–50 times their weight. Due to the whole insect thing.

How they gain a lot of size despite not eating enough calories for it, I suppose the rules of thermodynamics dont really apply to them.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Take this man's word for it.  He knows a lot about gains.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 18, 2024, 02:24:16 AMTake this man's word for it.  He knows a lot about gains.

As someone that has been bulking for the past months yes, it is me in the profile picture after all, without the sufficient amount of calories you are not making increasing body mass thus no gains, unless you are in the begginer phase where you can still gain muscle mass and lose fat at the same time, or by using gear.

Its f**king stupid the amount of food you have to eat to get to a certain weight, which suprises how people say they do it by accident. You actually need to put an amount of time and effort to put all the food inside and get heavy over an extended consistent period of time.

The Alien in the first movie increased his weight in 10 times over the course of a day ? You would need to consume a lot of calories for that to happen, you can say the alien can just eat inorganic matter and somehow his alien organs can make it work somehow, but still he need to eat a shitload of metal for that, Nostromo was a big ship so maybe that he was eating nonstop for hours during that time. Still its not realistic, so their weight shouldn't be as well. If they dont weight much it actually makes it more believable how fast they can grow. Its fiction so whatever.

DARIAS93

DARIAS93

Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 18, 2024, 02:16:51 AM
Quote from: DARIAS93 on Mar 18, 2024, 02:12:21 AM

Like how ants carry up 10–50 times their weight. Due to the whole insect thing.

How they gain a lot of size despite not eating enough calories for it, I suppose the rules of thermodynamics dont really apply to them.

Ants are small. Xenomorphs are big. The ant rule doesn't apply to our big headed friends due to scientific reasonings. Now for the whole eating enough calories thing to get big... let's not question it too hard. Like you said, it's all fictional, but that can also be said about the alien carrying around people effortlessly lol  ;)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 18, 2024, 02:34:06 AMThe Alien in the first movie increased his weight in 10 times over the course of a day?

Probably not even that long.  I think only a few hours were supposed to have passed between Kane popping and Brett's death.

SM

SM

Quote from: DARIAS93 on Mar 18, 2024, 02:04:12 AMThat all depends on the average of weight of a regular Xenomorph. Do we know how much they weigh? We can use it as a basis to multiply it by how many times the Queen size is.

I don't know what they weigh.  You said you knew for a fact Queens weigh more than a ton.

SiL

SiL

I remember the DVD case for AvP had height and weight stats for the Alien and Predator on the inside; I think they gave the Alien at around 220 pounds, which is 100 kilos, which is pretty light for something that big.

SM

SM

You'd think it'd be a bit more considering its height.  But they supposed to be skinny.  I'm trying to think of a time they made any sort of difference to what they were standing on that would give an indication of weight.  Maybe the bed in the Alien 3 SE just before Clemens is killed.  But on the other hand they run across ceilings pretty quick and don't make a stack of noise while doing so.

DARIAS93

DARIAS93

Quote from: SM on Mar 18, 2024, 04:27:08 AM
Quote from: DARIAS93 on Mar 18, 2024, 02:04:12 AMThat all depends on the average of weight of a regular Xenomorph. Do we know how much they weigh? We can use it as a basis to multiply it by how many times the Queen size is.

I don't know what they weigh.  You said you knew for a fact Queens weigh more than a ton.

I'm sorry, but I never said I knew for a "fact". Like I told Local Trouble, I was speculating she's over a ton. Anything below that, is not possible in my opinion. That's due to the size of her crown, tail, body, limbs, organs, etcetera. She probably weighs the same size as a giraffe which is around 2,600lbs. Probably more. Again, speculating.

SM

SM

Quote from: DARIAS93 on Mar 18, 2024, 01:34:21 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 18, 2024, 01:28:43 AM
Quote from: DARIAS93 on Mar 18, 2024, 01:18:52 AMBut if you factor in the Queen who weighs one third or half the weight of an APC

Where did you come up with that?  The APC weighs ~15 tons. You think the queen weighs as much as an elephant?

Nah, I'm just speculating, of course. Some people say 10 tons. Others say 5 tons. But I know for a fact the queen weighs more than a ton. It doesn't matter anyway. A ton is definitely noticeable, especially when the dropship came in barebones.

DARIAS93

DARIAS93

Lol fair. My apologies. Let's just stick with me arguing with speculations rather than facts.

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 18, 2024, 01:36:13 AM
Quote from: DARIAS93 on Mar 18, 2024, 01:34:21 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 18, 2024, 01:28:43 AM
Quote from: DARIAS93 on Mar 18, 2024, 01:18:52 AMBut if you factor in the Queen who weighs one third or half the weight of an APC

Where did you come up with that?  The APC weighs ~15 tons. You think the queen weighs as much as an elephant?

Nah, I'm just speculating, of course. Some people say 10 tons. Others say 5 tons. But I know for a fact the queen weighs more than a ton. It doesn't matter anyway. A ton is definitely noticeable.

The first dropship was carrying an APC, a full crew and a full load of missiles.  The second dropship had none of that.  The added weight of the queen would have been well below its capacity.

that makes sense.

but a hovering aircraft weighing say 10 tons without apc and other stuff isn t going stay in one place if something weighing a ton suddenly gets on and it upsets the centre of gravity. an android should have noticed this even if the system is auto mated to adjust for it. remember i am on about bishop not noticing it. not that it s impossable.

this is a forum right? and this  is a discussion thread about the egg on the sulaco. off course we love the movies. but we also love discussion. if everything made perfect sense we would have nothing to discuss.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed