Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 964,019 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: First Blood on Jan 09, 2015, 11:02:53 PM
Yes.

There are hardly RPG elements at all.

Hm. I'm imagining it as an Arkham-style game, only in the LotR universe. Is that accurate?

MoonerSK

MoonerSK

Yeah, that's accurate. The story is a f**k lore thing though

Randomizer

Randomizer

CnC Renegade

Not perfect , but very fun ! It's a shame no one plays multiplayer anymore .

Keg

Keg

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 09, 2015, 01:17:58 PM
Quote from: Nightlord on Jan 08, 2015, 10:14:29 PM
Nope; it's Arkham combat with Asscreed wall climbing.

So it plays more like third-person adventure than first-person RPG?

Thats exactly what is and its a damn good one. The nemesis system is alot of fun to mess around with as well. Fight an orc captain and lose and the next time you meet he'll taunt you for losing the fight or for running away. Also if you have repeat battles with the same orc they'll come back with wounds and scars you inflicted earlier. I set fire to one orc and he fled and the next time I fought him his face was all burned and he mentioned getting revenge for it.

MoonerSK

MoonerSK

Quote from: Keg on Jan 11, 2015, 02:08:25 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 09, 2015, 01:17:58 PM
Quote from: Nightlord on Jan 08, 2015, 10:14:29 PM
Nope; it's Arkham combat with Asscreed wall climbing.

So it plays more like third-person adventure than first-person RPG?

Thats exactly what is and its a damn good one. The nemesis system is alot of fun to mess around with as well. Fight an orc captain and lose and the next time you meet he'll taunt you for losing the fight or for running away. Also if you have repeat battles with the same orc they'll come back with wounds and scars you inflicted earlier. I set fire to one orc and he fled and the next time I fought him his face was all burned and he mentioned getting revenge for it.

Must agree, the nemesis system is amazing. Later in the game I let some of the orcs escape just so they will rise in the nemesis system. Near the beggining of the game i burned a guy as well, this is what he said: "Ever since you burned me, all's I can smell is rotten Uruk flesh... I love it!"  ;D

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

But if you're any good at the game it never really pays off. After gaining a few upgrades and slaughtering or brainwashing everything in sight, my ultimate nemesis turned out to be some random archer captain who'd instakilled me from the other side of Mordor about six hours earlier.

The main story being clown shoes doesn't help much either.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Randomizer on Jan 10, 2015, 05:42:06 PM
CnC Renegade

That game could've been excellent. I was really hyped about it when it was first released but was sadly let down by the bugs and unbalanced A.I. I would have loved a sequel in which you play as a member of the Black Hand.

WinterActual

WinterActual

You should try the remake done in UE3.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Isn't that a multiplayer-only mod? I remember reading about it some years ago.

WinterActual

WinterActual

No, I even remember playing the first part of the campaign (it was not completely finished by that time (I dunno how it is atm though)).

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Destiny. Me, Vakarian and someone else took another crack at the Nightfall strike and we did it!

I sent Vakarian a message saying "WTF" as soon as I got exotic Warlock gear... when I'm a Titan...

Me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaONU52eALY#

Sabby

Sabby

Mass Effect 3 with all the DLC, FOV fix and some HD mods. The FOV messes up the cutscenes (you can see all the assets left lying out of frame, like multiple versions of the characters waiting for a new camera angle to do their scene) but I don't mind.

Also got Red Faction 3 with a mod that makes the buildings collapse a little more realistically. My car swerved, drifted, rolled and went straight through a buildings wall and exploded. Shockwave blew out the windows, walls shudder and it all came down.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 11, 2015, 04:14:14 PM
CnC Renegade

That game could've been excellent. I was really hyped about it when it was first released but was sadly let down by the bugs and unbalanced A.I. I would have loved a sequel in which you play as a member of the Black Hand.

Many people said they were unsatisfied by the campaign but I think it was very good (both in length and atmosphere) . The soundtrack also helped a lot with the atmosphere and made you think there was a bigger battle going on (exception are the ship level and the last) .

Quote from: WinterActual on Jan 11, 2015, 04:43:58 PM
You should try the remake done in UE3.

Thought it was a multiplayer-only mod too . I'll try it sometime but I don't feel like replaying the game again right now .

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Randomizer on Jan 12, 2015, 07:10:10 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 11, 2015, 04:14:14 PM
CnC Renegade

Many people said they were unsatisfied by the campaign but I think it was very good (both in length and atmosphere) . The soundtrack also helped a lot with the atmosphere and made you think there was a bigger battle going on (exception are the ship level and the last) .

Rolling around in a Mammoth Tank was pretty epic. And I looooooved the personal Ion Cannon even if it was OTT.

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

Quote from: Sabby on Jan 12, 2015, 03:52:52 AM
Mass Effect 3 with all the DLC, FOV fix and some HD mods. The FOV messes up the cutscenes (you can see all the assets left lying out of frame, like multiple versions of the characters waiting for a new camera angle to do their scene) but I don't mind.

Also got Red Faction 3 with a mod that makes the buildings collapse a little more realistically. My car swerved, drifted, rolled and went straight through a buildings wall and exploded. Shockwave blew out the windows, walls shudder and it all came down.

Honestly, considering Origin and the power of the PS3 versus the Xbox 360, I don't know why anyone would bother playing ME on anything other than the 360.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed