Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 964,242 times)

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: WinterActual on May 30, 2013, 06:12:38 PM
Sorry man I am not native english speaker so I may not understand everything as it was supposed to sound  :laugh:

No worries. I had hoped the emote would help distinguish my tone.

As much as I love my Tourney shooters I do understand that the market for them is pretty much gone, despite my displeasure at that fact. I hope that soon enough the "realism" crap will die off and we can go back to when I could survive more than three bullets

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Borderlands 2. If anyone wants to join me, that'd be pretty sweet.

m41guy

m41guy

Quote from: JokersWarPig on May 30, 2013, 05:06:16 AM
I'm replaying through ME2 with all the DLC. After that i'll be going through ME3 to do the same. I f***ing love Mass Effect.

Loving the first one so far.  I haven't been this engrossed since KOTOR :laugh:.

I forgot how drawn out side quests can be, though I really love the whole visting systems and  survey/landing team on planets. 

Just finished the Noveria planet and the Matriarch Benezia mission.  Probably going to do more of the side missions, and visit systems before going on. 

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Mass effect might be my favorite modern series.   And I haven't even played the first one.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

The second game is the "meat and the potato's" of the series imo, and the best of the three. The series as a whole is defiantly one of the best video game series that's ever been made.

Lie

Lie

Persona 4 Arena! ;D

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Call of Duty 2

I've been enjoying the Russian campaign in the city of Stalingrad (pretty much the whole Russian campaign). Particularly when my set up is the Mosin-Nagant sniper rifle and the PPS-42 submachine gun.

m41guy

m41guy

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 01, 2013, 08:26:56 PM
Mass effect might be my favorite modern series.   And I haven't even played the first one.

This is the first time I'm playing any of them.  I found a trilogy set for less than buying all 3 seperately so I bought it.  Had it sitting on my game shelf for like 3 or 4 months before finally getting to it.  Now I have to find time for my two research papers and not let it get in the way of my shepard-ing.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The second game has an interactive comic that lays out all the events of the first game if you have series for PS3.  So I know everything that went on, but I'm still strongly considering buying the PS3 trilogy back when I move to lexington from my hometown just for shits and giggles.

Vakarian

Vakarian

Started playing Dead Rising again after like, 3 years maybe? This game is f**king solid...I mean this is back before games had regular auto-saves...

Also started playing Dark Souls. I'm about 15% into it so far, loving every minute of it.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Doom 3 BFG Edition

After finishing the game for the first time since it came out, I still felt the same bitter disappointment I felt when I first played this back in 2004. A few days later I started thinking about it more and more and found many things that I liked.

Spoiler
And preferred in this version.
Spoiler
f**king deal with it.
[close]
[close]

Soooo...now I've decided to start a new game to see if I'll enjoy it more on another run through of the game...

Here goes nothing. :P

Quote from: Vakarian on Jun 01, 2013, 11:39:00 PM
Also started playing Dark Souls. I'm about 15% into it so far, loving every minute of it.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jun 01, 2013, 08:43:47 PM
Mosin-Nagant sniper rifle
The Kar98 is better  :P

On topic: Fallout Project Brazil http://www.moddb.com/mods/falloutprojectbrazil and STALKER Call of Pripyat with some mods.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Well if I can use both to put a bullet between your eyes, I guess it matters very little doesn't it?

WinterActual

WinterActual

It matters way more. The Mosin Nagant rifles were made in VERY large numbers and the russians wanted very fast production which resulted very poor quality in the bigger % of the rifles. They were very unreliable. You were able to hear rattling like Tic Tac box if you shake 90% of the field assigned rifles. Very small percent of the rifles were hand picked in the factory to be enhanced for sniper rifles afterwards. If some worker saw a better made rifle he just put it away for the high ranked soldiers.

Meanwhile every Karabiner 98 Kurz is piece of art. Great assembling quality, amazing parts pick, every rifle was perfect. There was no difference between the rifles for the raw recruits and the rifles for the SS officers for instance. This rifle is one of the MOST reliable bolt action rifles ever made. It doesn't need ANY enhancement to be used as long range sniper rifle. In the same time you have to disassemble the MG, fix/replace the factory made cheap parts, and do other stuff to make it reliable and actually trust your life on this rifle.

So yeah, I want to see you shoot me between the eyes with a normal factory made MN like the ones used in CoD 2. The MN is better only because it fires the bullet with 5m faster velocity than the Kar98 but still its not that accurate. The Kar98 can achieve 1000m + shots easily while the MN is in the 800's but not even near the 1km shot  ;)

EDIT: I want to clarify that I am not saying its not possible to achieve 1km shot with MN. It is, but not with the stock variant.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

*sigh*

It doesn't matter if one is better than the other, they are both snipers that shoot bullets that kill, that's good enough for me. Of course I'm talking to the wall right now.

Plus, the sniper variant of Kar98 is nowhere to be found in the Russian campaign of Call of Duty 2, so why did you even bring it up to my post?

Oh right, your superiority attitude I see a lot of.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed