SEQUEL NEWS: Fox Struggling with Hiring Writers

Started by Gazz, Mar 27, 2013, 05:50:54 PM

Author
SEQUEL NEWS: Fox Struggling with Hiring Writers (Read 60,774 times)

Space Sweeper

just fini my prom2 script

it involve lot of booble and explode.

Cvalda

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Mar 28, 2013, 10:20:14 PM
just fini my prom2 script

it involve lot of booble and explode.

HELLZ YEAH

SiL

Anybody else just tune into white noise when they hear someone say "I didn't like the last movie so I'm going to fix it"? Anyone?

Blacklabel

We didnt like Alien3.. so we are going to make it a better movie!

That went well.  :laugh:

irn

Quote from: CONKERSBADFURDAY on Mar 28, 2013, 10:14:55 PM
The last thing the series needs is someone doing a sequel because he hated the first movie. That kind of attitude going in can only poison the finished product.

This is very true. Perhaps the sequel should be less of a direct follow up to Prometheus. Like go down its own path but in someway be related to events of the first film and then tie up the connections and correct the wrongs of Prometheus in a third or even forth film. Basically 'fix Prometheus' over a gradual, more drawn out period rather than a BISH BASH BOSH film that just spends its time fixing the first rather than being its own beast.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 28, 2013, 04:25:07 PMNah you just need to retcon it all and have the Derelict Pilot be an actual alien thing -- and the Engineers just a highly advanced race of ancient humans who 'detached' themselves from the other 'tribes' early on in some way.

So much this.

Blacklabel

[cancerblack]

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 29, 2013, 01:21:35 AM
Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 28, 2013, 04:25:07 PMNah you just need to retcon it all and have the Derelict Pilot be an actual alien thing -- and the Engineers just a highly advanced race of ancient humans who 'detached' themselves from the other 'tribes' early on in some way.

So much this.

I concur. As much as it feels like grasping at straws at this point, it's a simple way to retcon the retcon. It's also the direction I plan on heading in the Alien RPG campaign I'm running for my friends. At least it's the best of both worlds, as it were.

Cvalda

Well, I may as well tell you guys first.  One of my contacts in London knows someone at Scott Free (not Ridley, alas -- he might remember me from our unfortunate meeting last Spring), and has agreed to pass along my spec script for Prometheus 2. Here's a taste:

Spoiler
EXT.  SPACE

The stars:  endless and infinite.

Something approaches. Growing nearer.

A SHIP -- one of the vessels created by the race of beings called ENGINEERS.

INT. ENGINEER SHIP [CORRIDOR]

Shadowy corridors -- looks less like the inside of a piece of space-faring technology than the inside of some great, ancient beast.

Nothing moves.  Nothing makes a sound.

THEN --

Movement.

Something is in the shadows, keeping close to the bony walls.  It steps out into the light -- a grey Engineer's robe draped around a small figure's frame.

The hood falls back to reveal a head of unruly reddish hair.

ELIZABETH SHAW looks up to the ceiling, at the source of the light:  a kind of glowing, white globule.  Another strange artifact of the Engineers.

She taps a button affixed to the robe.

SHAW
David, can you hear me?

A sourceless com crackles to life.

DAVID (V.O.)
Yes, Elizabeth.  I can hear you.

SHAW
This wing is clear.  Nothing we can use.  I'm going to press on.

INT. COCKPIT

David rests in the mighty Space Jockey chair, an immense holographic star map whirring around him.

DAVID
I think it better that you return.  You doubtless need rest.  You've eaten nothing since departure.  I do take care to monitor these things, you know.

Shaw rolls her eyes, but she can't suppress the hint of an affectionate smile.

SHAW
So it seems.

DAVID (V.O.)
Are you returning then?

SHAW
One more corridor.  I'm already at the junction.

DAVID (V.O.)
I'll be standing by.  Be careful, Elizabeth.

Shaw peers down the next corridor.  The overhead lights seem to dim and eventually cease the further down it goes.

She presses on.  Like the rest of the ship, this wing is spotless, dust-free.  Depressingly empty -- an enormous, floating tomb.

A SOUND.

Shaw stops.  Listens.

Nothing. 

She continues on.

ANOTHER SOUND.  She heard it for certain this time.  Shaw scans the corridor, getting nervous.

SHE SEES IT.  Standing directly ahead, half-shrouded in darkness between the lights overhead.  Its milky blue skin catches the light as its tall, pointed head advances.

SHAW
David!

THE THING LUNGES -- tearing toward Shaw with ferocious speed, clawed talons out, scratching at the air --

SHAW
DAVID, HELP ME!

She turns to run, but it's already almost upon her --

DAVID (V.O.)
It's alright, Doctor Shaw.  Remain calm.
THE BEAST GRABS HER.

SHAW
NOOOOOOOOOO----------

SMASH CUT TO:
INT. PROMETHEUS [CRYO-CHAMBER]

SHAW
--OOOOOOOOOOOOO!

She bolts up from her cryotube, shaking like mad.  David places a towel about her shoulders.

DAVID
As I was saying, everything is alright, Doctor Shaw.  You were having a terrible dream.  A common side effect of the stasis.

SHAW
A -- a dream?!  All of it?

DAVID
Yes.  Every awful, drearily cliched, derivative second of it.

SHAW
Oh, thank God!  Where's Charlie?

DAVID
I'm sorry, Doctor Shaw.  He didn't make it.  He was completely crushed by a safety support.  Strange freak accident.  Unfortunately, I think he died in terrible, prolonged agony.  I've been throwing the pieces of him that are left down the space toilet.  I hope you don't mind.
[close]

Was your mind blown? Fingers crossed, guys. :-[

First Blood

David, you cruel bastard. :laugh:

CONKERSBADFURDAY

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 29, 2013, 02:37:11 AM
Not particularly; no.

Cvalda

Nightmare Asylum

Needs more tapir.

ShadowPred

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 29, 2013, 02:37:11 AM
Well, I may as well tell you guys first.  One of my contacts in London knows someone at Scott Free (not Ridley, alas -- he might remember me from our unfortunate meeting last Spring), and has agreed to pass along my spec script for Prometheus 2. Here's a taste:

Spoiler
EXT.  SPACE

The stars:  endless and infinite.

Something approaches. Growing nearer.

A SHIP -- one of the vessels created by the race of beings called ENGINEERS.

Shadowy corridors -- looks less like the inside of a piece of space-faring technology than the inside of some great, ancient beast.

Nothing moves.  Nothing makes a sound.

THEN --

Movement.

Something is in the shadows, keeping close to the bony walls.  It steps out into the light -- a grey Engineer's robe draped around a small figure's frame.

The hood falls back to reveal a head of unruly reddish hair.

ELIZABETH SHAW looks up to the ceiling, at the source of the light:  a kind of glowing, white globule.  Another strange artifact of the Engineers.

She taps a button affixed to the robe.

SHAW
David, can you hear me?

A sourceless com crackles to life.

DAVID (V.O.)
Yes, Elizabeth.  I can hear you.

SHAW
This wing is clear.  Nothing we can use.  I'm going to press on.

INT. COCKPIT

David rests in the mighty Space Jockey chair, an immense holographic star map whirring around him.

DAVID
I think it better that you return.  You doubtless need rest.  You've eaten nothing since departure.  I do take care to monitor these things, you know.

Shaw rolls her eyes, but she can't suppress the hint of an affectionate smile.

SHAW
So it seems.

DAVID (V.O.)
Are you returning then?

SHAW
One more corridor.  I'm already at the junction.

DAVID (V.O.)
I'll be standing by.  Be careful, Elizabeth.

Shaw peers down the next corridor.  The overhead lights seem to dim and eventually cease the further down it goes.

She presses on.  Like the rest of the ship, this wing is spotless, dust-free.  Depressingly empty -- an enormous, floating tomb.

A SOUND.

Shaw stops.  Listens.

Nothing. 

She continues on.

ANOTHER SOUND.  She heard it for certain this time.  Shaw scans the corridor, getting nervous.

SHE SEES IT.  Standing directly ahead, half-shrouded in darkness between the lights overhead.  Its milky blue skin catches the light as its tall, pointed head advances.

SHAW
David!

THE THING LUNGES -- tearing toward Shaw with ferocious speed, clawed talons out, scratching at the air --

SHAW
DAVID, HELP ME!

She turns to run, but it's already almost upon her --

DAVID (V.O.)
It's alright, Doctor Shaw.  Remain calm.
THE BEAST GRABS HER.

SHAW
NOOOOOOOOOO----------

SMASH CUT TO:
INT. PROMETHEUS [CRYO-CHAMBER]

SHAW
--OOOOOOOOOOOOO!

She bolts up from her cryotube, shaking like mad.  David places a towel about her shoulders.

DAVID
As I was saying, everything is alright, Doctor Shaw.  You were having a terrible dream.  A common side effect of the stasis.

SHAW
A -- a dream?!  All of it?

DAVID
Yes.  Every awful, drearily cliched, derivative second of it.

SHAW
Oh, thank God!  Where's Charlie?

DAVID
I'm sorry, Doctor Shaw.  He didn't make it.  He was completely crushed by a safety support.  Strange freak accident.  Unfortunately, I think he died in terrible, prolonged agony.  I've been throwing the pieces of him that are left down the space toilet.  I hope you don't mind.
[close]

SEND THIS TO THEM!!!

Vickers

:laugh:

Spoiler
That atmosphere you were hinting at in Shaw's dream is something I'm hoping to see in the sequel (minus the slasher flick bit). But I fear it won't be an intense exploration only involving Shaw and David. They will find a way to involve a whole new crew and it will probably be another missed opportunity at creating something intense and grand in scale.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed