Alien Anthology Discussion

Started by AVP66, Feb 19, 2009, 04:11:42 PM

Author
Alien Anthology Discussion (Read 361,590 times)

i'm pretty sure the anth is region free,

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Oh, nevermind then.

predxeno

predxeno

I got the Alien Anthology from http://www.foxconnect.com.

Vulhala

Vulhala

What kind of BR player do you have? Make/model?

predxeno

predxeno

All I know right now is that it's by Vizio; I have no idea how to find the model number or how updated the firmware is.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Google 'Vizio issues'.

Not good stuff mate.

bleau

bleau

Quote from: predxeno on Dec 18, 2010, 02:46:58 AM
All I know right now is that it's by Vizio; I have no idea how to find the model number or how updated the firmware is.

That really sucks that it doesn't play. I do know that if any recent movies won't play it's because it needs a firmware update. If it connects to the internet then you can do it that way or you can go to their website and check, but they might not have one too. I know that a lot of people are having a lot of problems with their Vizio blu ray players.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: predxeno on Dec 17, 2010, 10:00:07 PM
One thing though, when I took the Egg out, apparently the 4 padded surfaces on the bottom weren't glued on well and one of them stuck to the bottom of the box.  I've been thinking about taking it out and gluing it back on, but it's stuck real tight.  Do these pads make any real difference in protecting the statue?  If not, I might leave it there.  What's the best way to fix this problem anyway?  I know I planned on simply taking it out and gluing it back, but is there a better way to fix this problem?  Is contacting foxconnect.com about this overdoing it, I mean, this does seem kinda small, but I don't want to risk this small thing leading into a bigger thing like having the entire statue somehow break.

Thanks for the help, guys.  What should I do about this?  Have any of you bought the limited egg edition set and had this problem?

Vulhala

Vulhala

Where do you live? Maybe the Play.com eggs were R2 only?

predxeno

predxeno

It's working now.  I just put the disc in again and it works.  From what I can figure, it takes a very long time for these discs to load up.

http://www.amazon.com/Alien-Anthology-Blu-ray-Sigourney-Weaver/product-reviews/B001AQO3QA/ref=cm_cr_dp_hist_1?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&filterBy=addOneStar

Thanks for all your help, though. :)  Has anyone here bought the limited edition?

EDIT: How do I use the Datatags?  I have no idea how to "tag" stuff?  Also, are the Datastreams interesting?  I saw the Trivia Track for How to Train Your Dragon and it was very informative and the trivia was fun to know.

Vulhala

Vulhala

US or UK?

:-\

predxeno

predxeno

US.

In case you didn't see this edit:

Quote from: predxeno on Dec 18, 2010, 05:11:09 AM
EDIT: How do I use the Datatags?  I have no idea how to "tag" stuff?  Also, are the Datastreams interesting?  I saw the Trivia Track for How to Train Your Dragon and it was very informative and the trivia was fun to know.

It would be very helpful if you could tell me what I'm supposed to do.

bleau

bleau

Quote from: predxeno on Dec 18, 2010, 04:41:59 AM
Quote from: predxeno on Dec 17, 2010, 10:00:07 PM
One thing though, when I took the Egg out, apparently the 4 padded surfaces on the bottom weren't glued on well and one of them stuck to the bottom of the box.  I've been thinking about taking it out and gluing it back on, but it's stuck real tight.  Do these pads make any real difference in protecting the statue?  If not, I might leave it there.  What's the best way to fix this problem anyway?  I know I planned on simply taking it out and gluing it back, but is there a better way to fix this problem?  Is contacting foxconnect.com about this overdoing it, I mean, this does seem kinda small, but I don't want to risk this small thing leading into a bigger thing like having the entire statue somehow break.

Thanks for the help, guys.  What should I do about this?  Have any of you bought the limited egg edition set and had this problem?

If you can take it out without damaging it then take it out and glue it back on. If it is really stuck/glued to the box or something try using a blow dryer to heat it up, then it should pull off easily.

Good to hear you got the movies to play. You must have been pretty frustrated at first with all the crap going wrong. :'(  :)
Quote from: predxeno on Dec 18, 2010, 05:16:29 AM
US.

In case you didn't see this edit:

Quote from: predxeno on Dec 18, 2010, 05:11:09 AM

It would be very helpful if you could tell me what I'm supposed to do.

You use the MU-TH-UR mode. On the movie discs you can use this option to select the various audio commentaries and isolated scores; you can also employ it to activate an on-screen Fact Track, which provides a stream of trivia and production info about the movies.
Furthermore, you can use MU-TH-UR to create Data Tags

Edit: Items you've tagged, regardless of what disc you were watching when you tagged them, are available to review and revise in a playlist on disc 5 or 6.

DragonBossk

DragonBossk

I personally never really use the MU-TH-UR mode, only to test it on the odd occasion. I can see how its great for those who want to quickly find info on something interesting, but for me it breaks the flow of watching the film or the documentaries.

Its probably also why I never listen to commentary over a film more than once, but go back to "making of..." footage all the time.

predxeno

predxeno

How do I "tag" things? ???

EDIT: Wait, tagging things is like you choosing the visual and auditory stuff in mu-th-ur mode, right?  Btw, the Alien Anthology won't start up again.  What gives?  It was working fine last night. :(

EDIT: I got it working again, somehow.  I have no idea what makes it work and what doesn't. ???

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed