Alien Anthology Discussion

Started by AVP66, Feb 19, 2009, 04:11:42 PM

Author
Alien Anthology Discussion (Read 361,584 times)

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Quote from: The Necronoir on Oct 26, 2010, 02:47:43 AM
That structural work clearly says SULACO, which means it isn't going to be the dropship, APC, or anything else that could be reassigned to another ship; it's part of the Sulaco itself.

Quote from: predxeno on Oct 26, 2010, 03:54:25 AM
I was thinking that the dropship, APC, etc. could have the name of their mothership labeled on them so that people would know which ship they belonged to.

The APC does have Sulaco printed below the 2D on the front.

Not sure if the dropship has it on the exterior at all, but I'd say the idea of it being labeled somewhere is plausible.

robbritton

robbritton

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Oct 25, 2010, 05:11:34 PM
Quote from: robbritton on Oct 25, 2010, 02:04:28 PM
Got mine today. Bit steep at £120 from HMV but I had vouchers so guess I can't complain!

Am weirdly most excited at seeing the Alien 3 menus - I read that they offer an explanation of how the egg got on the Sulaco and am pretty intrigued!

i also reckon it'll double as an awesome nightlight for my little boy! heh!

What you talkin bout? I got the limited edition egg from HMV and it was only £79.99!!

Was that ordered, though? Mine was bought in store, 'cause I had vouchers to use, so. Definitely £120 - although I only had to pay £40 of that in cash, so not too bad!

'Course, I get home to find my PS3 broken! ARGH!

Quote from: robbritton on Oct 26, 2010, 09:09:23 AM
Got mine today. Bit steep at £120 from HMV but I had vouchers so guess I can't complain!

Am weirdly most excited at seeing the Alien 3 menus - I read that they offer an explanation of how the egg got on the Sulaco and am pretty intrigued!

What you talkin bout? I got the limited edition egg from HMV and it was only £79.99!!

Was that ordered, though? Mine was bought in store, 'cause I had vouchers to use, so. Definitely £120 - although I only had to pay £40 of that in cash, so not too bad!

yeah i preordered mine from hmv for 79.99, i originally had it ordered at play for 89.99, but then i saw it at hmv and cancelled! lol, also i got pure points, i almost have 50k again! not sure what i'll spend it on though.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote'Course, I get home to find my PS3 broken! ARGH!

I would literally smash everything in the room if that happened to me  :D

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

Quote from: Walk Evil Talk on Oct 26, 2010, 06:42:47 AM
Quote from: The Necronoir on Oct 26, 2010, 02:47:43 AM
That structural work clearly says SULACO, which means it isn't going to be the dropship, APC, or anything else that could be reassigned to another ship; it's part of the Sulaco itself.

Quote from: predxeno on Oct 26, 2010, 03:54:25 AM
I was thinking that the dropship, APC, etc. could have the name of their mothership labeled on them so that people would know which ship they belonged to.

The APC does have Sulaco printed below the 2D on the front.
http://www.alienscollection.com/apcfront.jpg
Not sure if the dropship has it on the exterior at all, but I'd say the idea of it being labeled somewhere is plausible.

Having it stencilled on the exterior is one thing, but it isn't going to have the carrier's name etched in the internal, structural components.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Quote from: robbritton on Oct 26, 2010, 09:09:23 AM

No mine was in store. Plus I have a mate who works there so I got a further 30% off he he.  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I finished watching all the TEs yesterday. They all look really crisp and clean. Even the Mo-Motion in Alien3 seemed cleaned up. I watched some of Aliens with MU-TH-UR on and I've gotta say now I understand it, it's a cool feature that should get some fun out of it. Love the menus too.

Haven't gotten around to the features yet though.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Sorry if I'm a bit behind on the news here, but weren't people saying at one point that Alien wasn't transferred in the correct ratio and looked ass as a result? Is that evident or does it look fine?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I have a question... how's the Runner now?
Is it still green or what? Sorry if this has been asked already..

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

@ Vul: To be honest, I couldn't really say. I have zero technical knowledge about home cinema. You'll be best off waiting for Johnny or Daz to get their impressions up. All I can say is it looked absolutely fine on my TV. Looked amazing.

Omega: It looked better. It wasn't amazing but they do seem to have cleaned it up somewhat.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Can some one put what cut each film is because I have only seen one cut of each film, and obviously I don't know which one I watched. All I know is for alien I saw the one with the hamsters and the extended machine gun sequence, that is the only difference I know for certain, and can you put what is added so I know which one to watch. Thanks. also are both versions updated?

Vulhala

Vulhala

Alien:

Main difference would be that the DC has the 'egg morphing' scene. In the TC she just runs pretty much straight to the shuttle.

Aliens:

In the Special Edition, we see the scene where Newts parents get hugged, and the sentry gun scene which you saw.

Alien 3:

In the AC, the Alien comes from an ox instead of a dog.

Res:

Barely noticable difference apart from the geginning which shows where the victims the Betty was transporting came from. At least I think it was them.

That's not every difference obviously, but that would be the easiest way to tell them apart.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: MrBrokenTusks. on Oct 26, 2010, 11:57:56 AM
Can some one put what cut each film is because I have only seen one cut of each film, and obviously I don't know which one I watched [...] All I know is for alien I saw the one with the hamsters and the extended machine gun sequence
Aliens director's cut.
Alien director's cut features Lambert bitchslapping Ripley and a scene with Dallas coccooned and Brett morphed into an half-egg.
Alien3 Assembly cut features Ox host, more character development scenes, CIGARETTES!!!! and lacks the Queen chestburster at the end.
Alien: Resurrection special edition features a different opening (you see teeth that look like that of an Alien but are of a bug instead, the critter is then crushed by a man's finger) and a different ending (destroyed Paris).

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 26, 2010, 11:51:22 AM
Omega: It looked better. It wasn't amazing but they do seem to have cleaned it up somewhat.
thanks. Can't wait.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Can't believe I forgot about Ripley not getting bursted at the end of the A3 assembly cut. I have brought shame upon myself.

anyone watched the A3 assembly yet? how is the new audio?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed