Alien Anthology Discussion

Started by AVP66, Feb 19, 2009, 04:11:42 PM

Author
Alien Anthology Discussion (Read 361,598 times)

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Meh! anyway.

These shots seem worse than the alien 1 blu ray  :-\

Vulhala

Vulhala

Then all is as it should be  8)

Griffith

Griffith

I'm kind of bored here...

comparisons shots between DVD and Bluray..yeah I know I post this before but I can get over how awesome these shots are

Vulhala

Vulhala

When you put them side by side like that, it's really easy to see how much of the grain is taken out. My only concern is the Bly-Ray looks a fair bit darker. Particularly in the first pic. Not so much that it's bad, but.....noticable?

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Vulhala on Sep 09, 2010, 03:46:31 PM
When you put them side by side like that, it's really easy to see how much of the grain is taken out. My only concern is the Bly-Ray looks a fair bit darker. Particularly in the first pic. Not so much that it's bad, but.....noticable?

I'll take darker over the washed out look any day.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Dvd looks dry.
Blu-Ray looks humid.
But I do love the colors on the Queen of the 2nd pic, despite the now-noticeable damn hole.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Sep 09, 2010, 04:30:57 PM
Dvd looks dry.
Blu-Ray looks humid.
But I do love the colors on the Queen of the 2nd pic, despite the now-noticeable damn hole.
Like every goof in the first two, it won't matter in motion, especially when you're caught up in the scene.

TheMonolith

Quote from: TheMonolith on Sep 09, 2010, 05:43:54 PM
Quote from: Griffith on Sep 09, 2010, 03:41:51 PM
I'm kind of bored here...

comparisons shots between DVD and Bluray..yeah I know I post this before but I can get over how awesome these shots are

http://www.darkhorizons.com/assets/0012/4272/alien2.jpg
http://www.darkhorizons.com/assets/0012/4274/alien3.jpg
http://www.darkhorizons.com/assets/0012/4276/alien4.jpg
http://www.darkhorizons.com/assets/0012/4278/alien5.jpg
Nuts.
Now I have to get this.

+1, even though not getting it never crossed my mind

Cellien

Cellien

Only way I wouldn't have bought it is if they pulled an AvP-R and somehow managed to completely destroy the picture on the Blu-Ray/DVD release.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Brace yourself for the Predators Blu-ray release because the same guy who edited AVP-R and his editing team will be back. I'm gonna be positive and believe that Antal and Robert would never allow something like that to happen but....

when people get their paychecks they tend to careless what the final product will be.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: PHANTOM on Sep 09, 2010, 07:46:13 PM
Brace yourself for the Predators Blu-ray release because the same guy who edited AVP-R and his editing team will be back. I'm gonna be positive and believe that Antal and Robert would never allow something like that to happen but....

when people get their paychecks they tend to careless what the final product will be.

For modern films that are shot digitally they tend not to alter the picture for the Blu-ray release, so not to worry.  Besides, from what I hear the Blu-ray is the most visible version of AVP-R.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

We'll see.

BANE

BANE

QuoteBesides, from what I hear the Blu-ray is the most visible version of AVP-R.
It's a million times better than the DVD version. If you watch it in a theater-like environment (i.e very little light), then you can see everything. Still doesn't make up for the actual film, though...

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: BLAIN on Sep 09, 2010, 09:00:11 PM
QuoteBesides, from what I hear the Blu-ray is the most visible version of AVP-R.
It's a million times better than the DVD version. If you watch it in a theater-like environment (i.e very little light), then you can see everything. Still doesn't make up for the actual film, though...

Yeah, I have it on Blu-ray myself and the picture is near reference quality.  When I first saw AVP-R, it was in a recently built theater with digital projectors so I never really experienced what all the fuss was about regarding the dark picture.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed