"Breathe on the nostrils of a horse and he'll be yours for life."

Started by LastSurvivor92, Jun 15, 2017, 04:46:35 AM

Author
"Breathe on the nostrils of a horse and he'll be yours for life." (Read 13,944 times)

echobbase79

I enjoy this scene because it's a character moment showing how David appreciates other life forms that are different and reinforces how much he despises humanity.

GrimmVision

Truly a great unnerving scene!

Evanus

I like the scene, but there's one problem... I'm pretty sure Neomorphs don't have nostrils.  :P

Bad Replicant

Quote from: Evanus on Jun 15, 2017, 11:34:42 PM
I like the scene, but there's one problem... I'm pretty sure Neomorphs don't have nostrils.  :P

Originally the movie was full of practical horses, but they CGI'D ALIENS OVER THEM ALL! 

CainsSon

Quote from: Rudiger on Jun 15, 2017, 03:39:17 PM
Nope. Hated it. Far too contrived.

I thought that was about as low as the film could go. Then came the egg chamber scene.

They just didnt have the time to tell the story they wanted to. The problem with Covenant isnt the material, it that in order to make the material really work, it needed another 30 minutes to develop stuff like this.

Corporal Hicks

I didn't think I'd like these kinds of scenes but I actually really enjoyed it. I think the horse blowing analogy may have been a bit weird but the concept of David being able to communicate with the Neo's I really enjoyed. I would like to see more of that, actually.

I also thought the creature effects looked particularly good during that sequence. Very un-nerving. I didn't think that moment looked unpolished at all.

markweatherill

Quote from: TWJones on Jun 15, 2017, 03:37:33 PM
I think David's reaction when Oram shot the xenomorph was incredible. His facial expressions,

Yes that was some grimace; I seem to recall an interesting look on Walter's face when David stabs him with the flute.

It reminded me of Ian McDiarmid's facial contortions as Palpatine in Star Wars ep.III.
I wouldn't have been surprised if David, while putting Shaw under, had indulged in some Palpatine-like insane cackling.

stroggificated

It's a tragedy.

All Parker had to do is blowing air at Kane's son. And what did he do? Just standing there watching...staring at it like a carnivore. He provoked the Alien. He CHALLENGED it.

Then it was on. The Alien was so angry and killed Dallas right after it. Then later it calmed down  and waited for Lambert to blow air at its face. Instead, Parker viciously attacked the Alien and all that Lambert did was STARING at it and making loud noises....It's on again!

This is my head canon from now on. Not much worse than Ridley Scott's vision. :P

NickisSmart

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 16, 2017, 07:56:23 AM
I didn't think I'd like these kinds of scenes but I actually really enjoyed it. I think the horse blowing analogy may have been a bit weird but the concept of David being able to communicate with the Neo's I really enjoyed. I would like to see more of that, actually.

I also thought the creature effects looked particularly good during that sequence. Very un-nerving. I didn't think that moment looked unpolished at all.

I agree. the effects for the neomorph in that scene were very polished. And David, very weird, indeed, but I suppose a decade in exile does that to you. And, horses are subservient to their riders, oft-times, so it just further illustrates his tendency to dominate, which he probably picked up from Weyland, himself.

Gash

Great scene. One of the stand out moments that echoes some of the things implied between Ash and the creature in ALIEN.

Infected

In Awakening David will be French kissing the deacon.

FenGiddel

Quote from: NickisSmart on Jun 16, 2017, 12:32:36 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 16, 2017, 07:56:23 AM

I agree. the effects for the neomorph in that scene were very polished. And David, very weird, indeed, but I suppose a decade in exile does that to you. And, horses are subservient to their riders, oft-times, so it just further illustrates his tendency to dominate, which he probably picked up from Weyland, himself.
Good points, all.

Salt The Fries

This scene was also interesting from the perspective of the audience because we I - on the one hand - wanted to see what will happen out of the David-Neomorph interaction and Oram's putting it to an abrupt end made me uneasy somewhat but in the end he did a good thing for his crew. For a moment he - for the first time ever in the film - was almost in absolute control and pulled himself together. Him insisting on going instead of Daniels to check up on Rosenthal was meant to be a chance for him to reinvent himself. It actually adds so much complexity to his arc (mostly through Billy's superb acting, not writing itself) that he ended up the way he did. When I was watching the film for the second time, I just couldn't stand him dying. Oram is easily in my top 5 best Alien characters in the franchise.

Gash

Quote from: Ingwar on Jun 15, 2017, 04:31:16 PM
Why Neomorph did run away when David used flare weapon (made by Weyland Industries)?
Why Neomorph didn't attack David in the citadel?

It's the biggest WTF moment in whole movie.

Er... why?

Why wouldn't a newly birthed creature run from a flare (with a sizable shockwave)? It's just self preservation. How can that be an issue?

It's suggested in the ALIEN novelisation that Ash tried to communicate with the alien, and therefore that the alien regarded an android as different and non-threatening. At no stage did I ever get the feeling this would be something a human would be wise to do. The admiration that David has for the creature puts them on a more equal footing.

Ingwar

Quote from: Gash on Jun 16, 2017, 12:53:13 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Jun 15, 2017, 04:31:16 PM
Why Neomorph did run away when David used flare weapon (made by Weyland Industries)?
Why Neomorph didn't attack David in the citadel?

It's the biggest WTF moment in whole movie.

Er... why?

Why wouldn't a newly birthed creature run from a flare (with a sizable shockwave)? It's just self preservation. How can that be an issue?

That newly birthed creature is not afraid when crew shoots at it but runs away from a flare? Come on!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed