DC Cinematic Universe

Started by Xenokiller, Jun 14, 2013, 12:43:39 AM

Author
DC Cinematic Universe (Read 116,262 times)

Xenokiller

Xenokiller

Quote from: Magegg on Jul 02, 2013, 01:19:32 AM
Quote from: Xenokiller on Jul 02, 2013, 01:05:55 AMI haven't seen constantine yet, is it true to the comics?
In personality, No. I don't know if the character biography is the same, I think it isn't either.
Then I will prolly hold off on it for awhile, constantine is a fab for me, I want justice done for him on film

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Magegg
Quote from: Xenokiller on Jul 02, 2013, 01:54:47 AM
In personality, No. I don't know if the character biography is the same, I think it isn't either.
Then I will prolly hold off on it for awhile, constantine is a fab for me, I want justice done for him on film
They just have to alter the personality. I wouldn't see a problem with an actor reprising the role. They could later say Constantine was a precedent for the DCCU XD

Xenokiller

Xenokiller

Quote from: Magegg on Jul 02, 2013, 01:59:52 AM
Quote from: Xenokiller on Jul 02, 2013, 01:54:47 AM
They just have to alter the personality. I wouldn't see a problem with an actor reprising the role. They could later say Constantine was a precedent for the DCCU XD
[/quote]
As long as I enjoy my JLD movie XD

SM

SM

Quote from: Xenokiller on Jul 02, 2013, 01:05:55 AM
Quote from: Magegg on Jul 01, 2013, 11:42:32 PM
What would you think if Keanu Reeves reprises his role as John Constantine for the Justice League Dark movie?
I haven't seen constantine yet, is it true to the comics?

It's the same in attitude.  They changed the character from Pom to Yank and cast Keanu Reeves, as well as changing the setting to LA from London (mostly).  On the surface you'd reckon it'd suck something fierce, but shockingly Keanu does a pretty accurate take on Constantine.  The setting is all wrong though.  The London in the comics is often dark, dour with centuries of history and ghosts behind it.  LA just doesn't fit.  Chas only bears the most superficial of resemblances to his comic counterpart.

If you don't go in with high expectations, and get past the fact Constatine looks and talks like Neo and not Sting, there's quite a bit to like about the film.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Seems plausible and I like that idea better than rushing JL for a 2015 release.

Xenokiller

Xenokiller

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Jul 20, 2013, 05:09:57 PM
Seems plausible and I like that idea better than rushing JL for a 2015 release.
Yeah, sounds like whatever the case we will be getting some news today!

Aspie

Magegg

Magegg

I don't think it's a good idea. They should first make Batman reboot to establish well this new character, and then Batman/Superman. I don't think this movie is going to happen.

Xenokiller

Xenokiller

I would have preferred justice league but this seems like a logical step

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Quote from: Magegg on Jul 20, 2013, 09:20:22 PMI don't think it's a good idea. They should first make Batman reboot to establish well this new character, and then Batman/Superman. I don't think this movie is going to happen.

Do we really need another independent Batman origin?

Xenokiller

Xenokiller

Quote from: Magegg on Jul 20, 2013, 09:20:22 PM
I don't think it's a good idea. They should first make Batman reboot to establish well this new character, and then Batman/Superman. I don't think this movie is going to happen.
Yeah, seriously what Gilfryd said, if you don't know Batmans origins by now you had to have been living under a rock for decades. I'll tell you about batman, he's a boss and one of the worlds greatest minds, done, I just told you exactly what batman will be like and the movie is 2 years away

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Xenokiller on Jul 22, 2013, 07:47:15 PMYeah, seriously what Gilfryd said, if you don't know Batmans origins by now you had to have been living under a rock for decades. I'll tell you about batman, he's a boss and one of the worlds greatest minds, done, I just told you exactly what batman will be like and the movie is 2 years away
Quote from: Gilfryd on Jul 22, 2013, 06:19:17 PM
Quote from: Magegg on Jul 20, 2013, 09:20:22 PMI don't think it's a good idea. They should first make Batman reboot to establish well this new character, and then Batman/Superman. I don't think this movie is going to happen.

I didn't say "do again Batman's origin". I said "establish the new Batman". Every version of Batman has differences, I think it would be a better idea to have a solo Batman adventure first, to know what the personality and capabilities of this new version are, and start anticipating how he could fit in the DCCU and clash with Superman.

Xenokiller

Xenokiller

Quote from: Magegg on Jul 22, 2013, 08:12:37 PM
Quote from: Xenokiller on Jul 22, 2013, 07:47:15 PMYeah, seriously what Gilfryd said, if you don't know Batmans origins by now you had to have been living under a rock for decades. I'll tell you about batman, he's a boss and one of the worlds greatest minds, done, I just told you exactly what batman will be like and the movie is 2 years away
Quote from: Gilfryd on Jul 22, 2013, 06:19:17 PM

I didn't say "do again Batman's origin". I said "establish the new Batman". Every version of Batman has differences, I think it would be a better idea to have a solo Batman adventure first, to know what the personality and capabilities of this new version are, and start anticipating how he could fit in the DCCU and clash with Superman.
I'm sure we'll see this batman in action before he meets superman in the movie, maybe bustin croc or freeze, you know, a stronger villain

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed