Sneak Peak at a Creature from Alien: Covenant!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 06, 2016, 01:22:37 PM

Author
Sneak Peak at a Creature from Alien: Covenant! (Read 33,294 times)

Kurai

Kurai

Quote from: T Dog on Aug 25, 2016, 09:04:22 PM
This particular dog faced alien perhaps?

Oh wow! I don't think I've seen that particular image before and heck that creature surely fits the bill.  :o
It even looks like it may have 4 legs, though I can't be certain.

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Aug 25, 2016, 09:06:14 PM
This is the question that has been posed since the first dog aliens showed up in the recent Titan books.  But the author actually debunked this idea at some point if I remember correctly.  Hell of a coincidence though.

Indeed! A little research and I found the interview. Though he does state it may have been subconscious as he did add the med-pod as a link to Prometheus. So he must have had some info, I guess they may just be another Engineer created race and were perhaps wiped out with Alien eggs like we were supposed to be. :P

QuoteCH – Many fans are wondering if there is a connection between the new canine extra-terrestrials in Out of the Shadows and the mural (see below) in Prometheus?

TL – It wasn't intentional, although the subconscious works in mysterious ways.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/website/interviews/tim-lebbon/

Infected

Any of you guys ever heard of King Pacal?

T Dog

Well if it's subconscious then there is a change there'll be another exterrestrial race involved in Covenant. Still hoping for big boy grand Space Jockey race.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Infected on Aug 25, 2016, 09:50:05 PM
Yea we all heard about him... also kind of worried that he might be god. Ridley did say that the sexy fallen angels were having all the fun while god was a boring ugly dude... yea Pacal wasn't the easiest thing to stare at. :P

Ridley's going to make the Jockey's an actual alien race. The Engineers were just copying them. Actually, shit, perhaps the Space Jockey is God...  they're not the prettiest things around either. ???

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: T Dog on Aug 25, 2016, 10:25:53 PM
Well if it's subconscious then there is a change there'll be another exterrestrial race involved in Covenant. Still hoping for big boy grand Space Jockey race.

We're still not sure if that massacre scene was another race or the Jockeys. I think there's still leeway for another new species to show up.

Quote from: Kurai on Aug 25, 2016, 09:24:23 PM
Indeed! A little research and I found the interview. Though he does state it may have been subconscious as he did add the med-pod as a link to Prometheus. So he must have had some info, I guess they may just be another Engineer created race and were perhaps wiped out with Alien eggs like we were supposed to be. :P

There's still one more book left to be written by Lebbon so we may see a little more on the dog-aliens history in AvP: Armageddon.

Infected

Quote from: whiterabbit on Aug 26, 2016, 12:39:40 AM
Quote from: Infected on Aug 25, 2016, 09:50:05 PM
Yea we all heard about him... also kind of worried that he might be god. Ridley did say that the sexy fallen angels were having all the fun while god was a boring ugly dude... yea Pacal wasn't the easiest thing to stare at. :P

Ridley's going to make the Jockey's an actual alien race. The Engineers were just copying them. Actually, shit, perhaps the Space Jockey is God...  they're not the prettiest things around either. ???
Just found a few weeks ago about that Pacal in his vessel,
all that Mayan stuff is so weird, i wonder wtf is up with history are we really getting the truth or is there a huge cover up of something.
I cant understand that we spend hundreds of years and gained nothing, while they like the Egyptians evolved and created so much mystery.
something isnt right, or we are only alive for like the last 100 years and we are fish in a fish bowl being watched by our makers and they can press pause whenever they want and do what they want, or we are really 2-D beings in a gazilion-D world and we are the primitives race, and then again lets face it we wouldnt even be here if it wasnt for the sun and all.
We are really missing a big gap, and i think the Mayans and the Egyptians and whatever was out there had something.
The question then is why didnt they pass on their knowledge? where the Mayans and or the Egyptians that stupid that they didnt pass on their knowledge to the second generation or did something prevented it like a gap of lets say a few hundred years
of no human growth and boom we are back again insert jesus and the other fanatic religious f**ks.

Ok i didnt read much up on it all im just talking and throwing this in,
but you cant deny there is something missing and we are being told a different story.

whiterabbit

Humanity has not changed for nearly 100,000 years. Aside from culture and technology. Also something that past civilizations did not have was an effective way to spread knowledge. aka the printing press and today, digital media. So yea, knowledge has been lost to time. Oh and don't forget war. Plus people see what they want to see.

cyberphoenix

What if the hands don't belong to a xenomorph, ultramorph, adult deacon, or a dog-faced alien, but rather a certain bird-faced alien?
Spoiler

[close]
The hands match Alien Monster IV more than anything else, here's a few reasons why:

• The deacon has 5 fingers (http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/avp/images/e/e1/Deacon_Prometheus.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20121204210911), where as the mystery creature has 6
  • Both xenos and ultras have 6 fingers and similar exposed joints, but their fingers are connected- the index and middle, as well as the pinky and ring. The other creature's fingers aren't connected at all. Also the 'morph's fingers are nowhere as long as this creature's. The 'Morphs also have ribbing on the top of their fingers, which this creature lacks
  • Assuming the creature in the mural is the dog-faced alien in SoS (still looks more birdlike to me though), it also has conjoined fingers as well as longer talon-like claws (verses the creature's much smaller, almost human-like nails), so it isn't the same creature
Obviously the hands were simplified for sake of practicality, but it is still a very close approximation- exposed joints, prominent tendons, more than 5 fingers, and very long digits.
And AM4 could be a valuable assist to the engineer's arsenal- it seems to be able to fly and appears to be large in size, so I can see acting as both an anti-aircraft bioweapon, as well as a counter-bioweapon, such as if a "controlled" xenomorph attack gets out of control, the engineers would deploy an AM4 to clean up the infestation. I mean how awesome would it be so see an AM4 attacking a spaceship, tearing it to shreds. Plus that might tie into the on-set hydraulics-maybe it's an AM4 attack

g2vd

Quote from: T Dog on Aug 25, 2016, 09:04:22 PM
This particular dog faced alien perhaps?

I don't get where people are seeing Dog similarities actually the face to me looks more bird like than anything else.

Enoch

T Dog

Quote from: Enoch on Sep 13, 2016, 08:51:47 PM

;D
I think you might be looking a bit too close there Enoch! :laugh:

Enoch

I know, but thats what I like to do ::) :P :D

motherfather

Thats really interesting. A bird-like Alien could swoop down and snatch the crew, but could take them off-camera so we might not get to see what happens with them.

I like the idea of flying facehuggers though. You can't see them quite as easily then, only be terrified of their buzzing/flapping somewhere overhead.

Like a reverse caterpillar into butterfly, the alien could start off winged and end up legged. Imagine if a chestburster burst, hovered over its victim, then flew off.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: motherfather on Sep 14, 2016, 04:49:51 PM
Thats really interesting. A bird-like Alien could swoop down and snatch the crew, but could take them off-camera so we might not get to see what happens with them.

I like the idea of flying facehuggers though. You can't see them quite as easily then, only be terrified of their buzzing/flapping somewhere overhead.

Like a reverse caterpillar into butterfly, the alien could start off winged and end up legged. Imagine if a chestburster burst, hovered over its victim, then flew off.

....It's wings flapping and splashing blood everywhere... 

Sabres21768

Ok...this is all starting to sound kinda familiar...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed