Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film

Started by Gazz, Feb 19, 2015, 12:27:30 AM

Author
Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film (Read 298,195 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Mar 19, 2015, 09:26:06 AMLooks like it's confirmed as a retcon

At the risk of pointing out the totally obvious, nowhere does anything confirm a retcon. Assuming this instagram account is legit, all it confirms is that Biehn is in the film.

And it's not about not having enough info, it's about wanting it from an official source. Which still hasn't happened.

[cancerblack]

Yeah, could just be some arse trollin' everyone.

If it's legit though, I'd like to hear how you think an Alien film with Michael Biehn in it isn't a retcon. Seriously, explain yourself.

Alien³

If it's true I'll go down with my ship.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 19, 2015, 05:22:00 AM
Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 19, 2015, 04:40:42 AM
https://38.media.tumblr.com/9761a4396b0f00407b862cffee9be8bb/tumblr_n7hgxs1O0p1tamedoo1_500.gif

Let's just hope not to similar results.  :)

Lol except Prometheus was actually a decent movie. This is guaranteed dogshit, don't even need to see the script or a synopsis.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Mar 19, 2015, 10:26:08 AMIf it's legit though, I'd like to hear how you think an Alien film with Michael Biehn in it isn't a retcon. Seriously, explain yourself.

They could shoehorn it in between two and three. He could be a clone or a droid. Or he could simply appear in a dream sequence. I'm aware they're all really, really shit ideas (except possibly the last one), but who knows what they're planning to do with the new film? I get the impression Fox may not even be too sure themselves.

Now, I completely agree a retcon looks like the most probable outcome at this point. But until someone announces that officially (which, so far, they have not), I shall continue to be dubious.

[cancerblack]

"Just because the water is up to my knees, doesn't mean there's a flood. Let's wait and see, guys."

HuDaFuK

You say that as if Blomkamp hasn't specifically said he doesn't want to undo the third and fourth films, which considerably muddies the waters.

[cancerblack]

$5 on Paypal says it's a retcon.

HuDaFuK

Did you actually read my earlier post?

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 19, 2015, 10:34:13 AMNow, I completely agree a retcon looks like the most probable outcome at this point. But until someone announces that officially (which, so far, they have not), I shall continue to be dubious.

I'm not betting on anything, that's my point. A lot of the "facts" so far have been contradictory or manufactured from vague quotations that don't really say anything.

[cancerblack]

I'm not even talking about the rumour side of things any more, I'm just 100% confident that this is in fact a retcon even if this latest news turns out to be fake. TBH I'm not a betting man either, it's why I put forward a token amount, but I cannot see this ending in anything other than a retconning, hix'n'noot fanfic unless Fox forces Bolmkamp to re-write it between now and the start of shooting.

And let's face it, he's a f**king awful writer who probably would pull that sort of shit, despite his visual flair.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 19, 2015, 10:20:37 AM
Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Mar 19, 2015, 09:26:06 AMLooks like it's confirmed as a retcon

At the risk of pointing out the totally obvious, nowhere does anything confirm a retcon. Assuming this instagram account is legit, all it confirms is that Biehn is in the film.

And it's not about not having enough info, it's about wanting it from an official source. Which still hasn't happened.

FuKet HuDa, if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it's probably safe to assume that it is in fact a duck.

:P

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 19, 2015, 11:33:38 AMFuKet HuDa, if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it's probably safe to assume that it is in fact a duck.

Unless it's an android.

Novak 1334

Saw somewhere online this morning that Michael Biehn is reprising his role as Hicks,  Hicks is dead, this isn't the Marvel Universe

I'm out, thanks Blomkamp

DoomRulz

Link?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed