Predator: If It Bleeds - New Predator Anthology

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 02, 2016, 03:47:44 PM

Author
Predator: If It Bleeds - New Predator Anthology (Read 123,352 times)

Xenomrph

Quote from: Ultramorph on Dec 18, 2017, 02:45:54 PM
You should see if Chris Claremont wants to write a follow up to Deadliest of the Species if you wind up doing an AVP anthology.
That would be worth it just to re-canonize the old Aliens comic invasion of earth, because DotS directly references it. :P

Well that and DotS was such an insane fever dream that I've re-read it like 3 times and can still hardly remember anything about it other than it being crazy (and the albino hybrid thing, and I think an AI called Toy was the bad guy?). Seeing Claremont do a follow-up 20+ years later would be interesting, if nothing else.

Ultramorph

It would also have the bonus of featuring a female Predator, Big Mama.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Ultramorph on Dec 18, 2017, 03:57:22 PM
One of two in all the comics that I'm aware of - the other is in the Witchblade/Darkness/Aliens/Predator crossover. Not the only one in the overall EU, though - South China Sea mentions one, and Steve Perry's Turnabout follow up in 'If It Bleeds' has one, too.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 18, 2017, 04:14:25 PM
Quote from: Ultramorph on Dec 18, 2017, 03:57:22 PM
One of two in all the comics that I'm aware of - the other is in the Witchblade/Darkness/Aliens/Predator crossover. Not the only one in the overall EU, though - South China Sea mentions one, and Steve Perry's Turnabout follow up in 'If It Bleeds' has one, too.

Also the Rage War has Hashori of the Widow Clan, Yaquita of the Wounded Clan and also mentioned a once captured Yautja named "Eve" by the scientists.

Xenomrph

I wasn't aware of that, I haven't been on an AvP "kick" long enough for me to read through that trilogy yet.

The Alien Predator

Sorry if I spoiled that. It's been out for a while and I thought you read it but forgot to mention the females.

Xenomrph

Nah I wouldn't consider that a spoiler, and even then the statute of limitations on spoilers has long since passed. It's my fault for not being up-to-date. :P

BryanThomasS

Just a quick note to wish you all a haopy nrw year and thank you for the support and friendship in 2017! It has meant a lot to me.

Corporal Hicks

Thanks, Bryan! It's been great having you on here and thanks for the work you did putting together one of my favourite entries into the A/P EU for a while! Looking forward to what the future brings.

The Alien Predator

Thank you, Bryan.

Happy new year to you and everyone else here. May it bring us all good health and great success and more Predator.

HuDaFuK

Yeah, it's great to have someone on the "inside" on here to discuss their project.

Good luck with If It Bleeds II in 2018 :P

Xenomrph

And good luck with If It Bleeds III through XI in 2019 ;D

BryanThomasS

Ha. Fingers crossed. But so far no green light on a sequel.

felix

Fingers crossed as well, Bryan. From a fan here in Singapore.

Russ840

So I recently finished this book.

I gotta say that I had a great time reading it. There wasn't a story that I didn't get enjoyment out of.

Bryan. I really enjoyed your story.  Love old Harrigan and chuckled at the 'Lethal Weapon' gag you snuck in there  :laugh:.  Shame about Garber though.

Like I say, great stuff. I'll prob purchase my self a hard copy for my shelf now (as I am a Kindle man).  I already bought a copy and sent to a friend of mine. 

Here's hoping for a follow up book.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed