Wolf: Elite Alien Killer, Or Inbred Moron?

Started by SiL, Apr 22, 2008, 10:41:33 PM

Author
Wolf: Elite Alien Killer, Or Inbred Moron? (Read 46,232 times)

SiL

Note: This is just havin' fun. Don't blow a gasket.

We are lead to believe, by the makers of Aliens vs. Predator Requiem, that the Predator, dubbed "Wolf", was in fact an elite cleaner Predator sent solo to deal with the Aliens because he's that fricking awesome.

Or is he?

Or, given his untimely – In that, as you will see, it should've happened much earlier – demise, was he?

Wolf in the Sewer

What Happened: Wolf, caught off guard by two warrior Aliens, is knocked to the ground. Displaying his amazing strength, he rises from the putrid water, an Alien in each hand, and takes his dear sweet time preparing to do anything about killing them. The PredAlien rocks up out of nowhere and knocks Wolf away with its tail.

What Should Have Happened: Wolf, being in arm's reach of not one, but two Aliens, should have been wasted in seconds. Their arms and tails were more than free to attack Wolf in any number of ways, and the position he was in left his body entirely open to attack.

Alternatively, the PredAlien could've impaled Wolf rather than simply batting him away.

Result: Wolf got himself killed in the first fight. Twice.

Wolf in the Pool

What Happened: Wolf sneaks up on an Alien and impales it through the head from behind with a spear.

What Should Have Happened: The Alien, with its awesome Alien reflexes seen in pretty much every previous film, should've spun around and sent Wolf flying the second it heard him de-cloak, like what happened to Parker in Alien. Except Parker didn't have a cloak. Obviously.

Result: Another mediocre fight-scene which could've been avoided by just shooting the bitch in the head.

Wolf in the Sporting Goods Shop

What Happened: Wolf sneaks up behind an Alien and decapitates it with his whip. More Aliens rock up; Wolf shoots one with his shoulder cannon, flips another that lands on his shoulder off and shoots it when it's on the ground, then, presumably, blasts away two more Aliens that seem to just sit there waiting to be shot.

What Should Have Happened: The first Alien should've tried much harder to get the whip, and the Predator, off, rather than just squirming for five seconds. The Alien that dropped down on Wolf could've just impaled him with its tail ala the Queen in Aliens, or Grid in AvP. The other two Aliens could easily have bumrushed the Predator.

Result: Slightly extended struggle, Wolf dead twice over.

Wolf in the Hospital

What Happened: Wolf holds an Alien back while he shoots another Alien. He then throws the Alien he's holding against a wall and blows its head off. Another Alien attacks, which he promptly throws to the ground, punches, and shoves a vial of cleaner fluid in its throat. He then throws two shurikens to kill two oncoming Aliens.

What Should Have Happened: The Alien Wolf held back easily could have impaled him with its tail, or otherwise attacked. When Wolf blew its head off, his hand should have been drenched in acid. The Alien he threw to the ground could easily have impaled Wolf while he took his time grabbing the blue liquid.

Result: Two dead one-handed Wolfs.

Wolf on the Rooftop

What Happened: Wolf explodes through the rooftop, knocking an Alien away from Dallas. He then cuts an Alien in half with his whip, then crushes its head under its foot. The PredAlien attacks, and Wolf engages in a prolonged battle to the death. Midway through the fight he takes his mask off in dramatic style.

What Should Have Happened: His foot should've been burned off by the Alien's head he crushed. The PredAlien had multiple opportunities to kill Wolf throughout the entire fight, but chose instead to literally bitch-slap him. Then when Wolf took his kit off, the PredAlien could have, should have, rushed in and tore the shit out of him.

Result: One thoroughly dead f**kin' one-footed Predator.

So, is Wolf an elite badass?

No, he's clearly an inbred moron. Anyone who would put himself in that much unnecessary danger, only to be saved by an opponent's incompetence, is about as elite as a baby holding an assault rifle. He should be dead so many times over through his own careless actions that it beggars belief it actually made its way out of whatever Predator equivalent there is for a womb. One begins to wonder if the acid scarring on his face wasn't self-inflicted...

Aeus

He was no Elite, but at the same time no inbred moron. Only 50% of the AVP fights in AVPR were involving 'useless' Aliens.

The store clip was fine. Bar the beginning.

That Yellow Alien

Nothing to say about the power plant encounter?

Horhey

Colin please respond. Poor Sil..

Aeus

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Apr 22, 2008, 10:45:44 PM

He just spammed the shoulder cannon. Thats a trademark Predator desperation move.  ;)

That Yellow Alien

Aeus

'Omgz, Ducth R shewtin me!'

Bam! Bam! Bam! Bam! BOOOM!

SiL

If I was making a list of times the Aliens were ineffective (as was the original idea), I would've added it. As it stands, Wolf doesn't really do anything stupid in that scene.

Quote from: Aeus on Apr 22, 2008, 10:45:25 PM
He was no Elite, but at the same time no inbred moron. Only 50% of the AVP fights in AVPR were involving 'useless' Aliens.
He would've been dead twice in the first encounter. I wouldn't even say he was a decent Predator :P

Richman678

My answer:

Screw every character from AVP:R lets pretend the movie dosnt exist!

Horhey

Quote from: SiL on Apr 22, 2008, 10:51:23 PM
If I was making a list of times the Aliens were ineffective (as was the original idea), I would've added it. As it stands, Wolf doesn't really do anything stupid in that scene.

He would've been dead twice in the first encounter. I wouldn't even say he was a decent Predator :P

Have you listened to the commentary?

SiL

Quote from: Horhey on Apr 22, 2008, 10:52:22 PM
Nope, and I doubt I ever will. I'm guessing the Bros say it was about making Wolf look elite and strong that he could hold back both Aliens?

Le Celticant

True, so true.
Alien have many opportunities to kill Wolf, but they didn't do it.
but as said Colin "maybe predator is stronger than alien" ...  :-\
Or maybe alien are uber stupid creature ?

Aeus

Quote from: SiL on Apr 22, 2008, 10:51:23 PM

Indeed. Watching it now on Youtube.

The way in which he gets the Aliens into the throat hold is fine. But everything after is -to quote Goldblum- 'One big pile of shit.'

Flaming Firefox

I think the only Wolf vs. Alien scene that was half-way believable was the power-plant scene.

Why Chet never stabbed Wolf with his tail till the very end makes no sense. And yes conveniently all acid spray went in opposite directions of Wolf's attacks.

Horhey

Quote from: SiL on Apr 22, 2008, 10:54:23 PM
Quote from: Horhey on Apr 22, 2008, 10:52:22 PM
Nope, and I doubt I ever will. I'm guessing the Bros say it was about making Wolf look elite and strong that he could hold back both Aliens?

No no no. They had no explanation for the sewer thing cause there wasnt one, but alot of the other stuff made sense. One part that bothered me was Wolf didnt get any acid on him when he ripped Chet's tongue out, but they said they didnt have the budget or the time to do it. Either way, it wouldntve mattered anyways cause they killed eachother.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed