I find BFBC2 unplayable

Started by 9th_Stew, Jul 14, 2011, 04:35:40 PM

Author
I find BFBC2 unplayable (Read 4,496 times)

Effectz

Effectz

F2000 with lightweight and smoke grenades for assault class =pure win.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

But... F2000 sucks...

Effectz

Effectz

F2000 is a great weapon,its acurate as f**k.I play it with increased bullet damage.

Bjørn Martinsen

Bjørn Martinsen

I have to admit I won't be buying MW3 nor any other COD and yes Black Ops was the game that pushed me over the COD edge and hell yes I will be getting Battlefiled 3.
I regret never having bought the earlier games, I chose COD over Battlefield, seemed like the thing to do at the time.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Let me lay it down here :D

Battlefield can be played like CoD, but you have to know whay you're doing.  The game really does focus on the objectives, so if you want to win, sometimes that means doing something for your team that you might not want to do right then.  For example, if you can't break an assault because a Bradley is tearing everybody apart, you might want to spawn with an AT-4 or Carl G and take that sucker out.  You don't have to, but you'll most likely keep losing if no one handles it.

If you want to lone-gun it, keep in mind that you will most likely be facing teams with medics, snipers, and the ability to respawn on their squad.  This will obviously make your job as lone wolf much more difficult, but it is doable.  Snipers have motion sensors and mortar strikes, assault guys can drop ammo for themselves and keep fighting, I mean even if you're alone, you could get shot and not realize that your buddy medic was following you the whole time and defibbed you.  The game was designed with squad-play in mind.

While I do admit that the mechanics and controls are a bit more sluggish than CoD, the bullet physics are much more more accurate.  I play the game because honestly I enjoy the realism and the teamwork, it's much more like actual war than CoD's craziness.  I mean you really can't flip guns around that fast, folks, they have some weight and recoil when fired!  I find the game to be most fun if you play it like you're there, really get your head into it and have fun.

There are several tactics which I'm sure players are familiar with but I just stumbled upon myself.  Marking with the back button (Xbox) is one of the most underrated and powerful tools at your disposal.  Even if you get sniped, you can locate the sniper and mark him for the rest of your team.  Some games, I'll pick my sniper with the auto-marking scope, so if you just look at an enemy, it marks them for your entire team automatically.  This can make the difference between victory and defeat if you have assault guys running around blind and you can point out the enemy for them.  You become this super-spotter, and with this intelligence your team will end up doing better and not getting ambushed or flanked and wiped out.

Also try the sniper-jink run.  I like to call it the Dune run :D you basically act like you would in RL if you were being shot at, sprint, jink from side to side in different directions, stop and duck randomly, just keep moving from cover to cover until you're clear.  Most snipers won't be able to get you (except me, baby.)

On to Call of Duty, you guys talk like spawn-camping and lame ways to play are new.  Dude they've been going on for yeeeeears, today's games are extremely fair compared to some that I grew up playing.  With Black Ops, I think the only valid complaints about the mechanics are the bogus hit-detections and absurd knifing distance.  I mean the games all start fair, and sometimes one team just gets whipped so they have killstreaks all over them and are constanly getting hunted down.  But again, it's really all up to the skill of the players.

People will blame games simply because they don't enjoy them, but it doesn't mean the game is fundamentally flawed.  Every game has flaws, and if you like the game, you'll most likely learn how to play with or around those flaws and be good anyway.  Whether your objective is fun or constant victory, you can achieve it.

Constant victory is fun to me, therefore I enjoy myself when I play :D.

Bjørn Martinsen

Bjørn Martinsen

^Battlefield sounds awesome! How the f**k did I miss it all this time. My biggest complaint about COD (well maybe not the biggest) is the lack of tactics in COD games. Even the tactical games tend to played as TDM by the majority. I like to work in a team but communication is often a problem when playing in Europe. I don't speak;
German, Italian, French, Spanish, Portugese, etc etc (I struggle with spoken English at times especially shouting excited people online through a mic).

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: Effectz on Jul 15, 2011, 07:20:39 PM
F2000 is a great weapon,its acurate as f**k.I play it with increased bullet damage.

Every assault rifle is accurate as f**k if you fire in bursts/tapfire. F2000 does, indeed, suck. Takes too many bullets to kill someone in my opinion. XM8 is the best AR, followed by the AEK and the M416.

But VSS > everything else in the game. Which is why I stopped using it... that weapon makes you feel like you're hacking.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Bjørn Martinsen on Jul 15, 2011, 07:46:21 PM
^Battlefield sounds awesome! How the f**k did I miss it all this time. My biggest complaint about COD (well maybe not the biggest) is the lack of tactics in COD games. Even the tactical games tend to played as TDM by the majority. I like to work in a team but communication is often a problem when playing in Europe. I don't speak;
German, Italian, French, Spanish, Portugese, etc etc (I struggle with spoken English at times especially shouting excited people online through a mic).

It really is a fantastic game, much depth.  You really don't even need a mic, as the roles are well enough defined that you can have a blast regardless.  If youre in a squad, you can see who's who, so if you want to help you can jump in and fill what the squad needs (i.e. medic or something) and if you make sure and stick with your guys (provided they aren't total morons) you will usually have a better time :D.

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

It helps if you find a clan, by the way. I play on the PC and clans are (I think) a slightly bigger deal over here than on the consoles but it's a great way to find a community to play with.

Effectz

Effectz

You guys are  not playing hardcore mode if your calling the F2000 sucky.All i play is hardcore mode,personally i think its better.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Everybody is getting confused between MW2 and BC2 here. Both games have the F2000.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jul 17, 2011, 05:57:25 PM
Everybody is getting confused between MW2 and BC2 here. Both games have the F2000.

And it sucks in both games.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I actually killed it with that thing in MW2, so it depends on who's using it.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jul 17, 2011, 07:21:43 PM
I actually killed it with that thing in MW2, so it depends on who's using it.

I can count how many times I've seen that piece of crap being used by anyone with the fingers of one hand.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Huh... they must suck pretty harsh then, it's extremely easy to use.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed