Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 782,327 times)

Drukathi

Drukathi

Quote from: Drukathi on Apr 20, 2020, 04:57:31 PM
Quote from: Janek on Apr 20, 2020, 04:10:21 PM
This is a horror franchise you know, people will die.  ;)

Not an excuse for laziness. The execution was disrespectful and unworthy. Like if the studio just got rid of the burden. And as we know now - it was the stupidest decision. Popular assets need to be maintained and increased.

Earth Hive was the better sequel.

---

Back to the topic. How do you think - what's better? Egg on the ceiling or egg growing from Bishop?

Huggs

Huggs

Still the most appropriate deaths ever.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Drukathi on Apr 20, 2020, 04:57:31 PMAnd as we know now - it was the stupidest decision. Popular assets need to be maintained and increased.

I'd rather see a series be ballsy than safe and predictable.

This kind of "we just need to give people more of what they liked before!" thinking leads to uninspired, forgettable fluff like Jurassic World or The Force Awakens, which leave you wishing you were watching the previous movies where they did all the same things so much better.

Alien 3 may not be everyone's cup of tea but God do I love that they took a complete left turn with it, similar to how Aliens was something of a left turn after Alien.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 20, 2020, 05:12:13 PM
Quote from: Drukathi on Apr 20, 2020, 04:57:31 PMAnd as we know now - it was the stupidest decision. Popular assets need to be maintained and increased.

This kind of "we just need to give people more of what they liked before!" thinking leads to uninspired, forgettable fluff like Jurassic World or The Force Awakens, which leave you wishing you were watching the previous movies where they did all the same things so much better.

Alien 3 may not be everyone's cup of tea but God do I love that they took a complete left turn with it, similar to how Aliens was something of a left turn after Alien.

Yes sir.

Drukathi

Drukathi

Me too, but I prefer to leave the heroes on a well-deserved rest, rather than kill them. There was only one right decision - get as far away as possible from Ripley. They had two chances: with Alien 3 and Alien: Resurrection. But they thought (and still think) that the franchise would die without Ripley. I remember how Ripley's parent often appeared in rumors of Prometheus. And in Covenant too! I have no doubt when the new film will be announced - we will hear the phrase "Ripley's relative" one million times!

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Drukathi on Apr 20, 2020, 05:49:15 PM

Me too, but I prefer to leave the heroes on a well-deserved rest, rather than kill them. There was only one right decision - get as far away as possible from Ripley. They had two chances: with Alien 3 and Alien: Resurrection.

As Clint said, "deserves got nothing to do with it". Heroes die everyday. Regular people die every day, sometimes stupidly and for no reason. Aliens was a good movie, but there was no doubt that it was designed to be a "product", which is Cameron's specialty.

And it's harder to get farther away from Ripley than killing her off.

littlesprout

littlesprout

wow that blew my mind with the aliens end credits, never even knew that this whole time. I can now accept A3 as not being a dream

Drukathi

Drukathi

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 20, 2020, 06:00:24 PM

They keep their distance from Ripley with AvP, AvPR, Prometheus and Covenant. And the only time they tried to kill her was that she was resurrected. :)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: littlesprout on Apr 20, 2020, 06:02:18 PM
wow that blew my mind with the aliens end credits, never even knew that this whole time. I can now accept A3 as not being a dream

Yep. If Fox had wanted it to be a dream, they wouldn't have gone ahead with Resurrection. A:R would've just been Aliens 2.

But they didn't. The trilogy is a done deal.

Quote from: Drukathi on Apr 20, 2020, 06:08:02 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Apr 20, 2020, 06:00:24 PM

They keep their distance from Ripley with AvP, AvPR, Prometheus and Covenant. And the only time they tried to kill her was that she was resurrected. :)

Personally, I blame the French.

Drukathi

Drukathi

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 20, 2020, 06:09:22 PM
Personally, I blame the French.

I blame egg on Sulaco. ;D

Huggs

Huggs

Wherever possible, always blame the French. If that's not feasible, blame Canada.

Janek

Janek

Well said sir.

Something unexpected from Hollywood is rare and far between these days. Alien 3 still evokes deep feelings inside of me to this day, powerful movie.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 20, 2020, 07:09:32 AM
Sure is! Check it out. https://youtu.be/OqtDVgb-yvQ?t=158

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 20, 2020, 03:42:22 PM
Is "bad dream" the consensus then?

Yes.

Quote from: Drukathi on Apr 20, 2020, 06:08:02 PMThey keep their distance from Ripley with AvP, AvPR, Prometheus and Covenant. And the only time they tried to kill her was that she was resurrected. :)

#RipleyLives

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

The execution was disrespectful and unworthy.

I think its one of the most well executed deaths in movies. Its operatic, its gripping throat and heart. The music, the intercutting of loud and silence, the religious choir. Its masterfully done

QuoteLike if the studio just got rid of the burden.

Its not like they just got rid of the characters in the credits and make the audience forget about them. Ripleys grief is throughout the movie, and we have a very powerful burial scene. I never thought of these deaths as being disrespectful, I think they were the most powerful emotional punch the movie could start with. And I wouldnt wish this ending on those characters, but it works within the context of the film, its mood, its atmosphere.
The death of young John Connor in Dark Fate was made to the same effect, to shock the audience and start with a gut punch, but it wasnt as artistic or climatic

Janek

Janek

Quote from: StrangeShape on Apr 20, 2020, 10:10:20 PM

The execution was disrespectful and unworthy.

I think its one of the most well executed deaths in movies. Its operatic, its gripping throat and heart. The music, the intercutting of loud and silence, the religious choir. Its masterfully done

QuoteLike if the studio just got rid of the burden.

Its not like they just got rid of the characters in the credits and make the audience forget about them. Ripleys grief is throughout the movie, and we have a very powerful burial scene. I never thought of these deaths as being disrespectful, I think they were the most powerful emotional punch the movie could start with. And I wouldnt wish this ending on those characters, but it works within the context of the film, its mood, its atmosphere.
The death of young John Connor in Dark Fate was made to the same effect, to shock the audience and start with a gut punch, but it wasnt as artistic or climatic

My man.  8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed