Vermillion

Vermillion

It's good to be back
[emoji16]

SM

SM

Quote from: Rankles75 on Feb 25, 2019, 02:07:41 AM
Quote from: SM on Feb 25, 2019, 12:04:20 AM
Extract from something I wrote about the start of Alien 3 for AbsoluteAvP in 2003.

QuoteAnd another take on this whole sequence is it could be from one or multiple characters perspectives and as these characters are all sleeping, the events can take on a disjointed and dreamlike quality.

I've got a post brewing on the whole dream scenario that is probably far too long and meandering for this time of night...  ;D

The thing I extracted that from is 2,210 words.

It's never too late for meandering.

The Old One

The Old One

Mhm.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Oh God. I log in today and there's eight more pages in this thread.

SM

SM

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 25, 2019, 08:41:00 AM

And it's exactly the same as the 163 pages before.

The Old One

The Old One

22 (+) [REDACTED] replies...

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Like literally Fox, just shelf out an edit of the movie without the shot of the egg. At the end of Aliens we hear a facehugger. With that, we can lay this thread to rest. Either that or someone get Fincher to say that the opening was all a dream.

This thread will bring about the end of day, I can feel it.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Feb 25, 2019, 03:31:41 AM
The thing I extracted that from is 2,210 words.

It's never too late for meandering.

When can we see the rest of it?

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

After all these years, I can just accept that the Queen planted the egg, most likely in the Dropship or possibly in the hangar.

Her eggsack was gone, but she still had one left inside her womb, or whatever you'd call it.

The location of the egg doesn't match anything seen in Aliens, but neither do the cryotubes. Those are just aesthetic differences that don't need explanation.

After hatching, the Facehugger tried to get Newt, failed, got injured, and bled acid causing the fire.

A bolt exploded and knocked a hole in Ripley's tube, allowing the hugger to get her.

This hugger, Royal or not, was capable of planting a second seed. It hitched a ride on the eev and got the dog.

And that's all there is to it. We don't need stowaway facehuggers or a compromised Bishop. It can all be taken literally; nothing in the opening sequence has to be a dream.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Feb 25, 2019, 09:06:57 AM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 25, 2019, 08:41:00 AM

And it's exactly the same as the 163 pages before.

Why mess with a good thing?

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Kelgaard on Feb 25, 2019, 04:43:56 PM
After all these years, I can just accept that the Queen planted the egg, most likely in the Dropship or possibly in the hangar.

Her eggsack was gone, but she still had one left inside her womb, or whatever you'd call it.

The location of the egg doesn't match anything seen in Aliens, but neither do the cryotubes. Those are just aesthetic differences that don't need explanation.

After hatching, the Facehugger tried to get Newt, failed, got injured, and bled acid causing the fire.

A bolt exploded and knocked a hole in Ripley's tube, allowing the hugger to get her.

This hugger, Royal or not, was capable of planting a second seed. It hitched a ride on the eev and got the dog.

And that's all there is to it. We don't need stowaway facehuggers or a compromised Bishop. It can all be taken literally; nothing in the opening sequence has to be a dream.

(Pathogen wasn't in the creative ballpark in 1986 or 1992, so we know it wasn't anything like that, there's no indication. None. Bishop doing it is complete bullshit and not only nullifies his character arc but isn't consistent with his character in either Aliens or AlienĀ³- nor does it make sense considering Michael Bishop, a human is very obviously his evil reflection.)

As for there being a genuine Egg on the Sulaco not only is that not true, as per the shooting script- additionally the Egg is immobile so someone would've found it. Dropship or Cryobay- It doesn't make sense.

So with all the above being impossible, when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

The truth is @Reply #2535
No more theories or replies are necessary until a new version of the film comes out that changes something.

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: Kelgaard on Feb 25, 2019, 04:43:56 PM

Which would require us to believe that hardened survivor Ripley, having survived two encounters with the aliens and fully aware of their tendency to pop up when/where you don't expect them, to not take 5 minutes to check the one place there could possibly be an egg.

The Old One

The Old One

Indeed. Reply #2535 is
The one logical conclusion.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Which also is why I think it grew from a blob of goo into an egg after Ripley entered hypersleep.  In the hangar bay sub-flooring.  Not the dropship landing gear.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 25, 2019, 06:51:54 PM
Which also is why I think it grew from a blob of goo into an egg after Ripley entered hypersleep.  In the hangar bay sub-flooring.  Not the dropship landing gear.

So nonsense Deus ex machina never once hinted at in the prior two films? No.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed