Your thoughts on Drugs?

Started by daywalker, Aug 30, 2011, 10:21:03 AM

Author
Your thoughts on Drugs? (Read 49,457 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: CELTICPRED on Aug 31, 2011, 03:42:07 AM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Aug 31, 2011, 12:40:54 AM
It is impossible to overdose on marijuana. The sheer amount you would have to smoke would be several times your own body weight.

You completely missed the point. I never said anything about overdosing on marijuana, it was a slight to the idea that, America at least, has the ability to properly regulate the substance, as we've seen with our own safe over the counter and prescription medications.

Oh, I see. My bad.

MudButt

MudButt

From what I've seen from others I don't like drugs, nor have I ever done them. In my city they're all over the place, my own brother is a pot-head, see he's an example of an idiot, he ditches school, steals money, gets in trouble with the police all because he decides to smoke weed all day, he literally does it at least 3 times a day. He's an idiot, I recently graduated from high school and everyone I knew was either smoking weed, popping extasy, snorting cocaine, or inhaling airduster. I had my group of friends who didn't do drugs, we all rarely drank but I've never been drunk, a slight buzz at the most and it was only once.
Is everyone who smokes weed bad though? No, I know people who smoke weed almost every day and still managed to get a 4.0 every report card, it just depends on how you decide to act. Do you want to do it to have a good time? Or do it because you think it makes you look cooler, believe me people might say Mary Jane isn't a gateway drug, and maybe to some it isn't but to most people I know it is.
I'm sober when it comes to any drug, and I rarely drink, and it doesn't mean I'm better then someone who smokes weed, it just means I choose to live a sober life rather then possibly end up like my younger brother who at this point has no future.

SM

SM

QuoteAlcohol is WAY more dangerous though.  If you drive 45 mph while high on weed if feels like your going 70.  Your paranoid as shit.  And all you want to do is go to taco bell, order half the menu, and go back home before the police show up.

Or on the other hand...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTlUcfY8LoE#ws

Ghostface

Ghostface

Was not expecting that when I started watching!

Pux Almighty

Pux Almighty

I see someone mentioned salvia. Tried it, but NEVER EVER again am I touching that horrible plant.

It felt like I was completely disconnected from my body and I was really worried I wouldn't go back.  :D

Oh goody, the straight edge crowd arrived. Why is it that every time a straight edge dude posts in a drug related thread I can almost smell the smug around them? No really, the smug is all over the place. Can you smell it too?

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: SM on Aug 31, 2011, 06:19:55 AM
Or on the other hand...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTlUcfY8LoE#ws

Oh, Christ, one of those Aussie traffic vids.

f**k that shit, I ain't watching.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Pux Almighty on Aug 31, 2011, 07:30:43 AM
I see someone mentioned salvia. Tried it, but NEVER EVER again am I touching that horrible plant.

It felt like I was completely disconnected from my body and I was really worried I wouldn't go back.  :D
Aw man, had nothing but great times! My friend thought he was in an amphitheater  :-\  :laugh:

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: Vulhala on Aug 30, 2011, 03:44:52 PM
Quote from: The PredBen on Aug 30, 2011, 02:29:26 PM
I support the legalization of weed to an extent. I mean, think of the money it could bring, the public or private sectors. Weed stores would be a new business, as long as it is regulated, I don't weed to be the next alcohol and be a cheap way to 'solve' problems.

Exactly. Dont get me wrong, I'm not advocated a free for all. Maybe only in certain cities? Like Amsterdam for example. As far as I know, things there run fine. Would have to speak to a resident of course to get the 'on the ground' viewpoint, but from what I know it works. And I'm only talking weed here. Pills and powders can GTFO.

Sup, Amsterdam resident here.

Legal weed works perfectly fine. There's plenty of establishments, called coffeeshops, where you can enter and legally buy weed (but only if you're 18+, they ask for ID) and have a nice place filled with like-minded people to consume it. If you don't want to, it's perfectly fine to go smoke your blunt somewhere else. The nice thing about weed is that it doesn't cause antisocial and disturbing behaviour like alcohol can do. High people don't bother other people. Me and my friends get high from time to time and we usually just sit around in a park or in a bar feeling good and keeping ourselves to ourselves. Everyone does this.

Well, maybe not everyone, but I've never met anyone here that's addicted to the stuff or causes problems because of it. So if there are, they also keep themselves and their self-destructive behaviour to themselves.

Weed's only significant problem is the fact it can act as a gateway drug. First you're doing weed, next thing you know you're popping pills at a party and it all goes downhill from there.

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: Pux Almighty on Aug 31, 2011, 07:30:43 AM

Oh goody, the straight edge crowd arrived. Why is it that every time a straight edge dude posts in a drug related thread I can almost smell the smug around them? No really, the smug is all over the place. Can you smell it too?

Hah. xD

I wouldn't mind trying salvia or L.S.D at all, in fact I would given the chance. Plus it's way better for you than fags or alcohol, as are a few other drugs like cocaine.

Weed I've tried and wasn't too hot on; just not that good. Plus take it regularly and you can kiss your brain good bye in later life.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Hive Tyrant on Aug 31, 2011, 11:46:08 AM
Sup, Amsterdam resident here.

Legal weed works perfectly fine. There's plenty of establishments, called coffeeshops, where you can enter and legally buy weed (but only if you're 18+, they ask for ID) and have a nice place filled with like-minded people to consume it. If you don't want to, it's perfectly fine to go smoke your blunt somewhere else. The nice thing about weed is that it doesn't cause antisocial and disturbing behaviour like alcohol can do. High people don't bother other people. Me and my friends get high from time to time and we usually just sit around in a park or in a bar feeling good and keeping ourselves to ourselves. Everyone does this.

Well, maybe not everyone, but I've never met anyone here that's addicted to the stuff or causes problems because of it. So if there are, they also keep themselves and their self-destructive behaviour to themselves.
My friend's heading for the 'Damn today. The bastard.

QuoteWeed's only significant problem is the fact it can act as a gateway drug. First you're doing weed, next thing you know you're popping pills at a party and it all goes downhill from there.
I don't think this is true. Cigarettes and alcohol have been shown to be easier gateway drugs due to their legality and acceptance in society. I know plenty of people myself who don't smoke grass because it's too relaxing, but prefer to drink and pop pills for party flavour, know what I mean? That's a slippery slop fallacy right there to say weed smokers become pill-poppers simply because they've smoked grass. The first time I popped a pill I was drunk, not high. Same for cocaine.

Pux Almighty

Pux Almighty

QuoteWeed's only significant problem is the fact it can act as a gateway drug. First you're doing weed, next thing you know you're popping pills at a party and it all goes downhill from there.

I would like to add that this is often caused because weed is illegal. When you're buying pot on the black market from a dealer, there's a chance he'll introduce you to some of his other "product". Can't happen in a coffee shop.

You know what really pisses me off? In the neighboring country of Czech Republic, one may grow up to three plants per year for personal use. In my country.. well, let's just say one is lucky if he doesn't get to jail for holding 5 grams.

Only one political party supports decriminalization of pot, so I don't think the laws will change here anytime soon.  :(

QuoteI wouldn't mind trying salvia or L.S.D at all, in fact I would given the chance. Plus it's way better for you than fags or alcohol, as are a few other drugs like cocaine.

I'd do LSD just because I love Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. And yeah, I probably would try a lil coke for obvious reasons..
Spoiler

But never on a regular basis. Generally speaking, drugs are bad. M'kay?  ;)

SiL

SiL

Between caffeine and alcohol I'm all set.

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: Pux Almighty on Aug 31, 2011, 12:09:10 PM

I would like to add that this is often caused because weed is illegal. When you're buying pot on the black market from a dealer, there's a chance he'll introduce you to some of his other "product". Can't happen in a coffee shop.

It's not the dealer that introduces you to the stuff, it's the friends you make in that environment. Hell, I have friends that were doing XTC before they were even 18. Just because weed's legal here doesn't mean there isn't a black market people go to. :P

Keg

Keg

Im not a regular drug user so for me and my group of friends what we do is fine. Sometimes we'll have some pills and some coke at a gig or a party but then we'll go months without having any at all. I had a couple of pills at Leeds festival this weekend (purely because its so damn expensive to get pissed its easier to just pop a pill and then dance the night away at the relentless stage or silent disco) but I probably wont have any more for some months so its not a big deal.

I dont need or even feel the need to take any everytime I go out.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Keg on Aug 31, 2011, 12:19:21 PM
Im not a regular drug user so for me and my group of friends what we do is fine. Sometimes we'll have some pills and some coke at a gig or a party but then we'll go months without having any at all. I had a couple of pills at Leeds festival this weekend (purely because its so damn expensive to get pissed its easier to just pop a pill and then dance the night away at the relentless stage or silent disco) but I probably wont have any more for some months so its not a big deal.

I dont need or even feel the need to take any everytime I go out.
You're right. In good company you can get pills for free, if you're buying the most I've been set back is £2-3. And all you really need is one. For a whole night.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed