Started by ikarop, Feb 07, 2013, 03:27:34 PM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 221,775 times)

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

Quote from: chrisr232007 on Feb 11, 2013, 08:33:33 PM
Quote from: Bjørn Half-hand on Feb 11, 2013, 08:30:29 PM
Quote from: chrisr232007 on Feb 11, 2013, 08:22:43 PM
Just cancelled my preorder at gamestop, the guys there tried to change my mind which they said all the reviews were positive and lowest score was a 8......I just looked at them and laugh then said give me my dam money.

Lying bastards, more like lowest 5 and the highest 7.

What's even more funny one of them try to tell me that Ridley Scott wrote the story  ::)

LOL

saintbenzie

saintbenzie

Just cancelled my preorder at gamestop, the guys there tried to change my mind which they said all the reviews were positive and lowest score was a 8......I just looked at them and laugh then said give me my dam money.

What's even more funny one of them try to tell me that Ridley Scott wrote the story  ::)

Haha wow that is bad, at least I'm knowledgeable about things. I also wouldn't straight out lie, I tell whether or not a game is worth it or not.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Guess he really needed those pre-orders...

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

Quote from: Cal427eb on Feb 11, 2013, 08:36:25 PM

Guess he really needed those pre-orders...

Guess so

Jonesy23

Jonesy23

[/quote]
Maybe they were talking about the Game Informer score perhaps? Although, it's a big maybe.

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

Quote from: Jonesy23 on Feb 11, 2013, 09:32:10 PM

Maybe they were talking about the Game Informer score perhaps? Although, it's a big maybe.
[/quote]

Idk but I found it insulting that they sat there lieing to my face on facts about this game with me being a fan of Aliens over 20yrs plus been waithing on this game for many years as well. 

Jonesy23

Jonesy23

I totally get that man. I like the Gamestop in my area is usually pretty honest with their opinions, but I've been hearing about the chain itself having customer service issues.

Gren_86

Gren_86

I have to play devil's advocate when it comes to xeno AI. When you think about it, not only is the creature's design one of a kind but also it's abilities. Imagine how difficult it is to animate and program such a beast. Even in the movies everyone from production talks how challenging it was to make the creature not look like a guy in a rubber suit. I can't think of any other game that offers such a versatile enemy which can crawl on any surface while retaining speed and ferociousness. Hopefully this game will be patched soon, in order for us to have a bug and glitch free experience in both MP and SP alike.             

Jonesy23

Jonesy23

I agree with ya on the patch thing. Most games start with bugs and they're usually resolved after about 2 patches or so, sometimes 1 if it's like COD or something. For the most part I've trusted GB so far mostly thanks to Borderlands 2 being a much better game than the first game or other games they've produced so I guess we'll just see.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

So many games have launch issues. Black Ops 2 was the most recent one for me. Multiplayer was a mess right after release, but a few patches in and it played a lot better. They were quick about it, too, with less than a week before the patch was released iirc.

I hope they fix a lot of these glaring issues that seem like they should've been caught and fixed during development.

Jonesy23

Jonesy23

I think the reason they have such a problem with bugs and glitches in modern gaming these days is the same reason a lot of mediocre films are released: the company executive's give them a very specific release date and they have to finish by then. Aliens CM was delayed a lot but It still seems like game companies are always in a rush without bringing the best possible product to the table.

Gren_86

Gren_86

Quote from: Jonesy23 on Feb 11, 2013, 09:54:58 PM
I agree with ya on the patch thing. Most games start with bugs and they're usually resolved after about 2 patches or so, sometimes 1 if it's like COD or something. For the most part I've trusted GB so far mostly thanks to Borderlands 2 being a much better game than the first game or other games they've produced so I guess we'll just see.
That was the case with BF3 when it came out. It was a shit storm of glitches and bugs. I had the feeling of not playing the final product but a alpha version. EA, well knowing released an unfinished game because they were in a race with Activision's COD.
It was a slap in the face of every BF fan out there. 

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Gren_86 on Feb 11, 2013, 10:28:25 PM
That was the case with BF3 when it came out. It was a shit storm of glitches and bugs. I had the feeling of not playing the final product but a alpha version of it. EA, well knowing released an unfinished game because they were in a race with Activision's COD.

But look at how good BF3 turned out to be after the glitches where patched. I'm not saying we should have to put up with incomplete games that need patching, but BF3 is a prime example of a game with its fair share of problems that can be fixed via patching. One of the reasons why I'm not taking the negative reviews of ACM to heart

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Gren_86 on Feb 11, 2013, 10:28:25 PM
That was the case with BF3 when it came out. It was a shit storm of glitches and bugs. I had the feeling of not playing the final product but a alpha version. EA, well knowing released an unfinished game because they were in a race with Activision's COD.

I recall the bugs in BF3 on Xbox when I got it. The glitch that deletes campaign data STILL exists. That's why I have owned the game forever and have yet to beat it. f**king irks the shit out of me.

Gren_86

Gren_86

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Feb 11, 2013, 10:30:51 PM
But look at how good BF3 turned out to be after the glitches where patched. I'm not saying we should have to put up with incomplete games that need patching, but BF3 is a prime example of a game with its fair share of problems that can be fixed via patching. One of the reasons why I'm not taking the negative reviews of ACM to heart
Good point but keep in mind that BF is a huge title among gamers while ACM isn't that mainstream.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed