In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,402,643 times)

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Hubbs on Aug 29, 2015, 02:35:36 AM
Net migration to the UK has reached record levels, reaching 330,000 in the year to March, according to the Office for National Statistics.
The figure - the difference between the number entering the country and those leaving - is more than three times higher than the government's target.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34076034

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/601556/Borderless-Britain-Torrent-stowaway-migrants-head-the-UK

I wanna move to New Zealand, the furthest I can get from this utter disaster waiting to happen  -_-

Oh the sweet, sweet, sweet irony in that statement of yours... You're a trip Hubbs.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Aug 29, 2015, 06:28:45 AM
Quote from: Hubbs on Aug 29, 2015, 02:35:36 AM
Net migration to the UK has reached record levels, reaching 330,000 in the year to March, according to the Office for National Statistics.
The figure - the difference between the number entering the country and those leaving - is more than three times higher than the government's target.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34076034

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/601556/Borderless-Britain-Torrent-stowaway-migrants-head-the-UK

I wanna move to New Zealand, the furthest I can get from this utter disaster waiting to happen  -_-

Oh the sweet, sweet, sweet irony in that statement of yours... You're a trip Hubbs.

Yes I know that sheesh!  ::) twas kind of a hidden bit of sarcasm blended with truth.

The funny thing is (or not funny in all honesty), they wouldn't let me in, no chance, they have immigration control and a points system. They don't let people in willy nilly, mind you, they aren't part of a tyranical union that tells them what to do  :-X

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: Shinawi on Aug 25, 2015, 03:24:54 AM

I was actually one of the few in my classroom who disagreed with sending our soldiers to Iraq. The only other who agreed with me in that room was my professor, being old enough to remember the Vietnam War. I read a lot of war books and watched war documentaries. My high school friends used to ridicule me for watching those, but my interest in that subject made me realize the problems and the unpredictability of wars. Even a radio host (Howard Stern) was calling for wars with various countries. People at that time were concerned and angry about the 9-11 attacks. Mainly, the people who've traveled abroad and/or a lot of the people who remember the Vietnam War disagreed with sending soldiers to Iraq. I've traveled abroad numerous times so I don't look at the world in black and white. Although Saddam was a tyrant, Iraq wasn't at war with us, so I didn't feel the need to extend the war to there. Unfortunately, my classmates misunderstood and accused me of being anti-American.

Well I was in middle school when the second Iraq war happen in 2003. Even at 12 years old, I knew fighting in Iraq again was a bad idea. We where still fighting in Afghanistan at the time and I felt like fighting in another war was a bad idea. I think the US should have got rid of Saddam back in the early 90's when they had the chance.

D. Compton Ambrose

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Aug 29, 2015, 06:30:48 PM

I was actually one of the few in my classroom who disagreed with sending our soldiers to Iraq. The only other who agreed with me in that room was my professor, being old enough to remember the Vietnam War. I read a lot of war books and watched war documentaries. My high school friends used to ridicule me for watching those, but my interest in that subject made me realize the problems and the unpredictability of wars. Even a radio host (Howard Stern) was calling for wars with various countries. People at that time were concerned and angry about the 9-11 attacks. Mainly, the people who've traveled abroad and/or a lot of the people who remember the Vietnam War disagreed with sending soldiers to Iraq. I've traveled abroad numerous times so I don't look at the world in black and white. Although Saddam was a tyrant, Iraq wasn't at war with us, so I didn't feel the need to extend the war to there. Unfortunately, my classmates misunderstood and accused me of being anti-American.

Well I was in middle school when the second Iraq war happen in 2003. Even at 12 years old, I knew fighting in Iraq again was a bad idea. We where still fighting in Afghanistan at the time and I felt like fighting in another war was a bad idea. I think the US should have got rid of Saddam back in the early 90's when they had the chance.

This. Although I wasn't but a toddler in the early 90's so I don't remember the first Iraq War, or as they call it back east, the 'Gulf War'.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Aug 29, 2015, 06:30:48 PM

That would have been a bad idea the situation would have carried what Iraq needs is a strong ruler not these weak corrupt leaders.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Hubbs on Aug 29, 2015, 07:46:27 AM
Yes I know that sheesh!  ::) twas kind of a hidden bit of sarcasm blended with truth.

The funny thing is (or not funny in all honesty), they wouldn't let me in, no chance, they have immigration control and a points system.

:o well I be damned!

Sorry, I turned off my sarcasm and irony radar a long time ago when debating with you... Maybe it's time to turn it back on again?

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 28, 2015, 01:47:10 PM
Mm, I do agree. The whole McCafe thing seems really stupid, on that note. You're a fast-food joint, McDs, not Starbucks. Why are you trying to compete with them? Stick to what you're good at.
Actually that's an easy one to answer; starbucks has taken a huge bite out of McDonald's coffee sales. Coffee sales used to be a cash cow for McDonald's. However I agree, they shouldn't be trying to directly compete with Starbucks but on the same token a significant percentage of the 19-45 demographic of coffee drinkers are heading to starbucks and other coffee specific joints. So I can see why they want to get into that market.

btw do you like McDonald's 1/3 lb angus burgers? In my honest opinion, they sort of taste awful. Even the commercials make my stomach turn. :P

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Do you think people can live in mars

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Aug 30, 2015, 12:40:41 PM

Why not?

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

As long as there's internet we can live anywhere. Right guys?

Gate

Gate

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Aug 30, 2015, 12:40:41 PM
Yes, we can if we find sustainable oxygen and protection from the sun.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

http://news.discovery.com/space/private-spaceflight/yearlong-mock-mars-mission-to-test-mental-toll-of-isolation-150901.htm

QuoteOn Friday (Aug. 28), six scientists left the comforts of civilization, set to be gone for an entire year. Their mission will simulate what it might be like for astronauts journeying to Mars.

In the confines of a 36-foot-wide (11 meters) and 20-foot-high (6 m) solar-powered dome in a remote location on the island of Hawaii, the six team members will have to live together for 365 days. They will have no face-to-face contact with humans outside of the dome. This is the fourth and longest such mission carried out by the Space Exploration Analog and Simulation (HI-SEAS) program, and its goal is to find out how people will respond to the isolation that might accompany a mission to Mars.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 01, 2015, 03:15:08 PM
http://news.discovery.com/space/private-spaceflight/yearlong-mock-mars-mission-to-test-mental-toll-of-isolation-150901.htm

QuoteOn Friday (Aug. 28), six scientists left the comforts of civilization, set to be gone for an entire year. Their mission will simulate what it might be like for astronauts journeying to Mars.

In the confines of a 36-foot-wide (11 meters) and 20-foot-high (6 m) solar-powered dome in a remote location on the island of Hawaii, the six team members will have to live together for 365 days. They will have no face-to-face contact with humans outside of the dome. This is the fourth and longest such mission carried out by the Space Exploration Analog and Simulation (HI-SEAS) program, and its goal is to find out how people will respond to the isolation that might accompany a mission to Mars.

Bio-Dome is real. :o

Gates

Gates

QuoteThe crew consists of three women and three men; four of the crew are American, one is French and one is German.

I'm calling orgy at the 5 month mark...

Corporal Hicks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed