In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,402,613 times)

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Sep 02, 2014, 04:19:18 AM
I read a poll somewhere that many Scots, particularly the youth voters, don't want independence.

I have no clue how it will go but I think Scotland will do well on their own. I also think the UK government is absolutely terrified to see Scotland become an independent country because they might actually do well and surpass the UK in the general quality/standard of living for its people (the UK fast going down the toilet). They can sustain themselves perfectly well I think, plus the UK will lose its nuclear base which they don't like at all...no sir.

Youth voters (students) are all the same (not all), they tend to be very liberal through lack of life experience, as you get older these views can change (not always of course).

I think its very close at the moment, there was something about it on the news saying it will come down to all the hardline Labour voters in the Highlands. Really the Tories should be wanting the yes vote because then Labour will lose huge amounts of voters essentially giving the Conservatives an easy ride to win the next general election (I think).

SM

SM

Even if Scotland did secede - which they won't - it's not like England is just going to leave all its warheads at the Clyde submarine base.

QuoteI have no clue how it will go but I think Scotland will do well on their own. I also think the UK government is absolutely terrified to see Scotland become an independent country because they might actually do well and surpass the UK in the general quality/standard of living for its people (the UK fast going down the toilet).

Lowest male life expectancies in the UK...

Glasgow City (over 6 years less than the national average)
Inverclyde

Blackpool
West Dunbartonshire
Dundee City

Manchester
North Lanarkshire
Belfast
Renfrewshire
Burnley

Lowest female life expectancies in the UK...

Corby
West Lothian
Blackpool
Inverclyde
Blaenau Gwent
Manchester
Dundee City
North Lanarkshire
West Dunbartonshire
Glasgow City

Kicking goals there...

Quarax

Quarax

Quote from: coolbreeze on Sep 02, 2014, 02:13:01 AM
Quote from: Quarax on Sep 02, 2014, 12:10:28 AM
G36?

G36C with the E version carry handle.

Oh, I wasn't trying to ask if that was a G36. :)

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: SM on Sep 02, 2014, 05:22:10 AM

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: Vickers on Sep 02, 2014, 01:32:35 PM

I don't get it

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Deathbearer on Sep 02, 2014, 04:56:14 PM
Quote from: Vickers on Sep 02, 2014, 01:32:35 PM

I don't get it

Under The Skin

Spoiler
Scarjo plays an alien who roams the streets of Glasgow to seduce and lead a bunch of dudes to their own doom for her alien overlords.
[close]

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/steven-sotloff-beheading-shown-in-video-isis-claims-1.2753309

ISIS did it again, come on can't we just send in a few ground troops to f**k em up a bit. I know they'll just resort to hiding and laying IEDs but lets get a few of em at least

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

American and German SOF are already on the ground.

There is no way any Iraqi forces could coordinate CAS with US warplanes.  US I'm sure doesn't want to nuke their own allies so I'm sure Delta and Devgru are running around down there with a few CCTs f**king shit up. 

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 03, 2014, 02:23:33 AM
American and German SOF are already on the ground.

There is no way any Iraqi forces could coordinate CAS with US warplanes.  US I'm sure doesn't want to nuke their own allies so I'm sure Delta and Devgru are running around down there with a few CCTs f**king shit up.
Probably, I'd just like to see em them make more of a dent, you know?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

They just broke an isis siege with Peshmerga forces in several towns earlier today. 

If I could run good I'd go SOF, soon the military will support SOF and not the infantry.  On my deployments that's really what we were doing.  Guarding the gates so SOF could go to sleep and then wake up and kill people. 

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Anything you could tell me about armored recon? I was thinking about doing it after college for a few years

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Which branch and what country?

Edit: I don't know if Canadians operate in the same capacity as our LAR.

I had a buddy that reclassed to artillery who was an Army Cavalryman with an Afghanistan deployment which I could relay here.  Private Hudson was a Marine and he could probably tell you about Marine LAR.

But again, I don't know how similar/dissimilar it would be to what Canada would do.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Army, Canada

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

sorry mang, I don't know much about Canada's military.  My only experience was eating lunch with a Canadian infantry major during deployment. 

I know that in today's conflict you can be used in just about anyway possible.  We were artillery used as MPs.  The guy that was a cav scout that was with us was deployed as a trainer for the afghan national police and did hardly any armored reconnaissance whilst there.  When they did recon it was mostly without their vehicles. 

From what I understand our guys go a few miles ahead of the forward line of troops and relay information about the enemies maneuver forces to a battalion/brigade HQ who develop a plan of attack/defense based on what is relayed.  Sometimes harassing the enemy and sometimes laying low.

But that is if you are used like you are supposed to be.  If your not you could have several different jobs.  The whole time I was FA I went to one simulation live fire and one live fire the first two months I was out of AIT and then never did anything FA related again. 

I've heard of just about everyone in combat arms picking up jobs that weren't exactly in their job description.  Artillery used as Infantry.  Sapper combat engineers used as route clearance.  Tankers living up to death before dismount during the day and then being thrown with Cav Scouts to raid targets at night.

Mission dictates. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed