In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,402,785 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

That's surprising, that he was relieved. I say that only because I recall watching a documentary once by the BBC called The Secret Policeman in which multiple officers were caught on film saying similar things and even after word came out, they received a slap on the wrist for their comments. At least this guy got what he deserved.

Aspie

Aspie

who is Zoe Quinn and why is she all over internet news

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Aspie on Aug 23, 2014, 05:14:59 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5-51PfwI3M#ws

EDIT: here's the follow-up video, which is just as good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKmy5OKg6lo#ws

Cvalda

Cvalda

KKK raising money for Ferguson police officer
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/08/19/ku-klux-klan-ferguson-police-michael-brown/14275115/

QuoteA Missouri chapter of the Ku Klux Klan is planning a fundraiser this weekend for the Ferguson police officer who shot and killed Michael Brown, an unarmed black teen.

"All money will go to the cop who did his job against the Negro criminal," according to New Empire Knights of the KKK.

Darren Wilson, the officer involved in the Aug. 9 shooting, has been a police officer for six years, four with Ferguson Police Department, and has never had any disciplinary action taken against him. There's no indication Wilson supports the KKK's efforts.

Unrelated to the KKK efforts, supporters of Wilson have set up Facebook pages. One page called "Support Darren Wilson" has 30,000 likes. There is also a GoFundMe campaign to raise money for his legal fees. As of Tuesday morning, the campaign had raised more than $19,000.

murica

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I thought this was fake, but I guess it's actually happening now.

Nightlord

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Just some chick who whorred herself to a bunch of guys to get positive publicity for her shitty game.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 23, 2014, 05:35:15 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5-51PfwI3M#ws

EDIT: here's the follow-up video, which is just as good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKmy5OKg6lo#ws

god damn it's all over the place now, aint never seen backlash like this for female gamers

r.i.p. feminists on the internet

Cvalda

Cvalda

How much outrage is there directed at the gamerbro whores she allegedly slept with for the publicity?

LOL, video games are such a shitty little subculture.

Aspie

Cvalda

Cvalda

http://www.dailydot.com/geek/zoe-quinn-depression-quest-gaming-sex-scandal/

QuoteMany male gamers viewed Quinn's alleged takedowns as continuing her alleged pattern of suppressing information about her private sexual activities in order to boost her career.

But even Quinn's own alleged use of copyright to have content taken offline is itself a tactic that redditors and other gamers themselves used to briefly silence Anita Sarkeesian—a tactic seen as useful, rather than deplorable, when it was in the hands of angry male gamers instead of women who challenged them.

And the gamers are angry. 4Chan's /v/ imageboard allegedly briefly hacked Quinn's Tumblr in an attempt to get her real-life contact details, along with stealing alleged nude photos of Quinn from a private server. They've also flocked to Metacritic to bombard her game with negative reviews. (Reviews for the game are currently removed from Steam.)

In a Tumblr post, originally deleted during the hack and then reposted, Quinn detailed the litany of harassment she and her relatives had been subjected to as a result of the latest wave of harassment. After asking that members of the gaming press "be respectful of what IS a personal matter, and not news," she elaborated:

"The idea that I am required to debunk a manifesto of my sexual past written by an openly malicious ex-boyfriend in order to continue participating in this industry is horrifying, and I won't do it. It's a personal matter that never should have been made public, and I don't want to delve into personal shit, mine or anyone else's, while saying that people's love and sex lives are no one's business. I'm not going to talk about it. I will never talk about it. It is not your goddamned business.

This is another example of gendered violence, whereby my personal life becomes a means to punish my professional credentials and to try to shame me into giving up my work."

So basically it's a bunch of shitty misogynist gamers terrorizing and slandering a woman based on an angry ex-boyfriend's vile, childish rant posted online about their private life -- with no facts to back it up.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Cvalda on Aug 23, 2014, 07:36:19 PM
How much outrage is there directed at the gamerbro whores she allegedly slept with for the publicity?
A lot.

Of course your reaction was easy enough to predict yet again.

Aspie

Aspie

Apparently everyone is now claiming she sabotaged some girl-gamers charity sponsored by entity called The Fine Young Capitalists, but I can't even find something on that.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Cal427eb on Aug 23, 2014, 08:42:21 PM
A lot.
Really? I don't see any in the search results :)

Quote from: Cal427eb on Aug 23, 2014, 08:42:21 PM
Of course your reaction was easy enough to predict yet again.
I know, it's almost like we all are able to get a sense of each other's political and personal leanings after interacting and exchanging posts with each other for years, like wow :0

Quote from: Aspie on Aug 23, 2014, 08:43:04 PM

Apparently everyone is now claiming she sabotaged some girl-gamers charity sponsored by entity called The Fine Young Capitalists, but I can't even find something on that.
They're also claiming she is "literally a rapist":

LOL. Gamers are a bunch of pathetic virginal pieces of shit -- which would explain why they rally around a culture as vapid and stupid as video games :D

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

I've been following this for a while and literally everyone on 4chan hates 5 guys burgers and fries and Zoe.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed