In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,402,547 times)

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: SM on Jul 30, 2014, 03:27:18 AM
Silly man.  Trying to be positive and promote unity and all that.

Fear and divisiveness is much more agreeable eh?

Well...I see what he's trying to do but I think his choice of wording is wrong. I don't live in the US (have some friends there) but 9/11 is still understandably strong in the minds of most. Hell it wouldn't go down to well if it was said here in the UK let alone the US.

Obama seems to be getting more and more unpopular from what I understand.

What do the US peeps on here think?

SM

SM

His approval rating has been a steady low forties for the past 12 months.

None of the people he was addressing had anything to do with 9/11 - but then no one ever accused the average western punter of being especially rational.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Well in this link he's upsetting all of them haha so no one is happy with Obama right now it seems.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2014/07/28/obamas-ramadan-slap-at-muslims/

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The Army is pretty anti-Muslim but its also been engaged against jihadist for the last thirteen years so I find it understandable. 

I think most people don't like Obama because it seems like he's a fence post sitter waiting to see which side of the lawn to hop down on.  Of course his presidency has been sabotaged by various groups since he has been in office.  A new President will be better simply for the fact everybody will support him/her just to prove how bad Obama was. 

Politics.  f**k all of em. 

SM

SM

If people buy these sanctions against Russia - seppos always be needing someone to fight; and if it isn't outside the US, it's Reps vs. Dems - it could nullify the "ZOMG PROOV DAT HUSEEIN OBAMA IS SECRT MUZLIN!!!" crowd.

Business as usual.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

God why does so many problems happen because of nothing more than what magic man you believe in?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

the problems would still exist without religion.

take away religion and you still have countries that need what other countries have.  It's just one in a long line of excuses to go to war. 

If America is truly energy independent by 2020 like the prognosticators believe it wouldn't surprise me in the least for us to go back to being isolationist instead of pointing the magic stick of destabilization at every country we have a slight problem with.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 30, 2014, 03:53:54 AM
I think most people don't like Obama because it seems like he's a fence post sitter waiting to see which side of the lawn to hop down on.
This is... actually pretty accurate.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Obama's problem is the same as any other US Presidents problem. You can't make everyone happy. In fact everyone is content to get their panties in a bunch over every little thing. Compromise is non existent. The main outlet of information, the media, thrives on conflict so they drive it full throttle around the clock. Too many only think of themselves and the moment and block out the larger picture. Block out the importance of working together.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The Army is pretty anti-Muslim but its also been engaged against jihadist for the last thirteen years so I find it understandable. 

I really despise this term. What the f**k is a "jihadist"? Do you mean Muslim? Because Muslims believe in jihad, even if the meaning of term isn't the same amongst all of them.

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 30, 2014, 11:44:12 AM

I really despise this term. What the f**k is a "jihadist"? Do you mean Muslim? Because Muslims believe in jihad, even if the meaning of term isn't the same amongst all of them.

No, he means Jihadist.

Ghostface

Ghostface

*Mujahideen

SM

SM

You know perfectly well what a 'jihadist' is.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

http://news.filehippo.com/2014/07/cars-wont-steering-wheels-much-longer/

A car with no steering wheel? Not sure I'm signing up for when that happens.

Quote from: SM on Jul 30, 2014, 11:30:07 PM

You know perfectly well what a 'jihadist' is.

No, I don't because the term doesn't exist. I know what "jihad" is.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

The term does exist:

QuoteJihadist: a Muslim who advocates or participates in a jihad

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/jihadist

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed