Vickers

Why am I not surprised?

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: WinterActual on Jul 18, 2014, 03:20:45 PM
Quote from: Albus on Jul 18, 2014, 02:06:40 PM
Quote from: WinterActual on Jul 18, 2014, 02:01:55 PM
Quote from: Albus on Jul 18, 2014, 12:14:56 PM
I think the people who shot the damn thing down are to blame, yeah.
So you are ok with civilian planes flying over warzones?

No, that's pretty damn stupid. But that doesn't mean the people that actually fired on it aren't responsible.

It was not their plane - they took it down. Better safe than sorry, its a war after all.
They knew it was a civilian plane they shot down.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: CNNU.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Samantha Power told an emergency meeting of the U.N. Security Council that the plane was "likely downed by a surface-to-air missile ... operated from a separatist-held location in eastern Ukraine." If pro-Russian separatists are responsible for shooting down the plane with a missile, investigators can't rule out the possibility that Russia offered help to operate the system, she said.

Quote from: Alienseseses on Jul 18, 2014, 02:13:00 PM
Quote from: Alienseseses on Jul 18, 2014, 02:06:28 PM
Quote from: WinterActual on Jul 18, 2014, 09:20:33 AM
http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2014/07/16/371556/israel-must-kill-all-palestinian-mothers/

The irony ::)
This woman is awful.

In this current battle, I side with Israel, but I don't side with this woman.

After more than 5 minutes of research, I recant my condemnation of this woman. She was slandered.
http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/opinions/exclusive-mk-ayelet-shaked-exposes-daily-beast-reporters-deliberate-distortions/2014/07/16/

Yup, Iranian propaganda site.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Woah! Thats AWESOME!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxb-D25VjI8#noexternalembed-ws

You can hear the gunshots! I hope these guys did one hell of a last stand there.

Three armed men led police on a high-speed chase through at least three cities Wednesday, firing shots into cars and houses along the way, and throwing hostages from a speeding SUV after a bank robbery that led to the deaths of one hostage and two of the robbers, officers said.

Quote"The firing never really stopped," police said.
Officers were fired upon "constantly" by the suspects, who had "massive" amounts of ammunition with them, Silva added.
"They were trying to kill (the officers), no doubt,"
"It sounded like five minutes of straight gunfire," witness Sam York said. "It seemed like it wasn't real."
Jose Maldonado, who said he saw the robbers taking the women out of the bank, said the men had AK-47-like rifles slung over their shoulders -- and they didn't seem to care that there were police all around.
"They were not afraid," Maldonado said. "They weren't going to take no for an answer. These poor women, they were screaming, they were so distraught, so scared."

Shasvre

Shasvre

No, that's pretty damn stupid. But that doesn't mean the people that actually fired on it aren't responsible.

It was not their plane - they took it down. Better safe than sorry, its a war after all.

You disgust me.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Good, good. But still, it was a tactical decision to take down the plane. It would be funny to think that somebody will shoot down a plane "just for fun".

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Cal427eb on Jul 18, 2014, 03:46:02 PM

They knew it was a civilian plane they shot down.
Actually if the convo. posted online is correct they didn't until after they shot it down.

Their intended target was a Ukrainian military plane.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: WinterActual on Jul 18, 2014, 04:38:18 PM
Woah! Thats AWESOME!

You can hear the gunshots! I hope these guys did one hell of a last stand there.

Yeah cuz terrorizing people and shooting at police is kool! You almost sound like you're admiring these assholes. Been playing Grand Theft Auto too much? Get a f**king clue.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: CNNIn the administration's strongest words yet on the downing of the jet, which left 298 people dead, Obama said the pro-Russian fighters couldn't have shot down Flight 17 or other Ukrainian military aircraft recently downed in the region "without sophisticated equipment and sophisticated training, and that is coming from Russia."

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: First Blood on Jul 18, 2014, 05:47:33 PM
Quote from: WinterActual on Jul 18, 2014, 04:38:18 PM
Woah! Thats AWESOME!

Yeah cuz terrorizing people and shooting at police is kool! You almost sound like you're admiring these assholes. Been playing Grand Theft Auto too much? Get a f**king clue.

Seconded.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

I spent time in Russia, have family from Russia, and some friends who are still there.  It's getting harder and harder to paint the lines grey anymore, and it's getting to the point where I just can't sit on the fence trying to be peaceful so here it goes.

Honestly, those missiles had to come from Russia, who else would or even could provide that kind of fire power? 

In my humble opinion, Russia is responsible for this, whether directly or indirectly.  If they had not invaded the Ukraine to being with, there would not be fighting in that region.  There was no need to invade the Ukraine, it was a dirty power grab and now many lives are lost.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Surface to air missile systems aren't that unusual to have.  We supplied the afghan mujahedeen with plenty of stingers in Afghanistan back when our mutual enemy was Russia. 

I suspect Russia has some equivalent to US Army Special Forces and those guys have been leading and training the pro Russian separatist. 

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

I doubt Putin woke up one morning and thought, "I think I will take the Ukraine."  The pro Russian separatists have probably been preparing and arming from Russia for some time. 

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: First Blood on Jul 18, 2014, 05:47:33 PM
I find it cool to have the guts to die for your cause. You have to be very determined to do something like this.

First Blood

First Blood

Or cowardly.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed