In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,402,768 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Rong on Jun 20, 2014, 08:17:12 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 20, 2014, 08:08:11 PM
Go right ahead and insult me. That's up to you. It's against forum rules and you have to abide by them if you want to continue posting here, but that's up to you.

I just did insult you  :-*
Meh.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 20, 2014, 08:08:11 PM
Go right ahead and insult me. That's up to you. It's against forum rules and you have to abide by them if you want to continue posting here, but that's up to you.

LOL this f**king 180 turn!

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

DO IT! COME ON! HIT ME!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Cal427eb on Jun 20, 2014, 08:24:47 PM
DO IT! COME ON! HIT ME!
KILL ME, I'M HERE!!! COME ON, DO IT NAOW, KILL ME!!!

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

SiL

SiL

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 20, 2014, 08:04:52 PM
I have the right to say whatever I want. that's called freedom of speech. And as for your claim to "white privilege", I'm not white :)
You have the right to say what you want without the government censoring you or criminalizing you for it. That's freedom of speech.

SM

SM

The forum mods however will censor the f**k out of you.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: BANE on Jun 20, 2014, 08:13:55 PM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Jun 20, 2014, 07:58:52 PM
Quote from: BANE on Jun 20, 2014, 04:15:46 PM
All those damn chimney sweeps and coal miners, coming out of the chimneys and coal mines in blackface.

f**king racists.

That was kind of silly.
Not really, considering the character in question was supposed to be black because he just came down a chimney.

I was reacting more to the somewhat patronizing, or more like ridiculing  tone of your response to the article rather than to the article itself. It sounded like you think that black people should just just grow a spine and stop being so god damn sensitive, because hey, we live in a post-racist world where everyone is an equal and the past means nothing and has no bearing on the present or the future! ...That is what it sounded like.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 20, 2014, 08:04:52 PM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Jun 20, 2014, 08:03:39 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 20, 2014, 12:30:59 PM
Quote from: Sabby on Jun 20, 2014, 12:22:36 PM
We can find it tasteless and unappealing, but racist? That depends on context, as does everything. Someone being in blackface isn't inherently racist, but it can certainly be a vehicle for a racist action.

People are so damned sensitive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdqjSwl-LP0

You're telling me. Check this out.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/11/06/board_apologizes_for_viceprincipals_blackface_costume.html

Way to relativize out of context through white privilege. You don't have the right to tell people of color not to be sensitive when it is not a problem of yours.

Tiring.
I have the right to say whatever I want. that's called freedom of speech. And as for your claim to "white privilege", I'm not white :)

Doesn't matter if you're white or not, you're still interpreting things through they eyes (or glasses...) of the ruling norm, which is the white Western heterosexual male. Wether you identify with the ruling norm is not necessarily important - it's how react/respond/rely on it. Taking your anti-feminist stance around here in account it is safe to say that you cater to the ruling norm and white privilege, and instead identify people who question and react to that norm/privilege - disturbing the "harmony" (or hegemony) - as a threat or a bunch of whiny pee-pants.

Hiding behind free speech doesn't make it right btw.

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagleIt sounded like you think that black people should just just grow a spine and stop being so god damn sensitive, because hey, we live in a post-racist world where everyone is an equal and the past means nothing and has no bearing on the present or the future! ...That is what it sounded like.

How is that wrong? Every group goes through its trials and tribulations. African Americans plight is just more relevant to America, so it's treated as a very sensitive topic. Racism is never okay, but you can definitely be too sensitive to it and create an issue where one doesn't exist. You need to actually be under attack before you can justify acting like a victim.

Example, recently two black people on Youtube have defended slavery as presented in the Bible, proclaiming themselves to be Slaves and to love God, their Master. Another black person called these two 'House n***ers'. Now, the word n***er has some history behind it, yes, but the term 'House n***er' made sense within the context and if you actually think about it, it has absolutely no racism to it whatsoever. It means 'Slave that defends his/her Master', which is exactly what they are doing, and it's used in place of terms like 'suck up' because of the history behind the term (which is exactly the reason the word n***er comes with with it's own baggage).

Now, these two House n***ers used the very use of the word n***er as an excuse to not continue the discussion because they thought the person using the term was being racist, which he wasn't. Who is at fault here? The person making a reasoned argument, or the childish little morons having a twitch reflex to a word?

Sorry dude, but sometimes, people just need to grow a spine. Context is important. Wait until your actually being targeted and treated as less then a person for your race before you cry racism. Wearing shoe polish on your face doesn't quite make the mark.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Haha, completely unsurprising that you use Youtube videos to help form opinions about complex real world social issues.

BANE

BANE

Yeah I'm sure he'd have a lot of luck looking up reputable social science journal articles on House n***er usage.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Here's a relevant Youtube social cause video for you, BANE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY39fkmqKBM#

I'm not convinced. :-\

Sabby

Sabby

Bane, care to explain the flaw in my reasoning?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 20, 2014, 11:28:28 PM

dude acts just like a guy from my old unit, sounds like him too   ;D

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 20, 2014, 11:28:28 PM

No soul.

Soul = seat of conscientiousness and morality.

Ergo I'd have no qualms beheading you.

Yet you mock me.   :)

Quote from: Sabby on Jun 20, 2014, 11:29:18 PM
Bane, care to explain the flaw in my reasoning?
First of all why'd you edit stars into the word?

Second I wasn't even addressing your post...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed