In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,402,821 times)

Rong

Rong

Quote from: Aspie on May 25, 2014, 05:55:03 AM
gawd dammit

there was clearly more than that wrong with him aspie.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Grenade blast killed two people in Djibouti at a local restaurant.  Said it was a place popular amongst westerners and I'm currently wondering if it is a place I've eaten at. 

I'd hate to be one of the rotating 1stID guys there now.  Locked down on Camp for probably the next decade and there is NOTHING to do there. 

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 25, 2014, 02:50:56 AM
Ah, so they did notify the police. Well not much more they could have done.

Also no longer lived with them, apparently. According to the above messages, he also mentions that he had to take some of his videos down for a while after his parents discovered them, so, presumably they were concerned. Whether or not they knew just how wrong his mental state was, we don't know.

QuoteCan't take guns away from polite adults.

That wouldn't have made much difference (and he did seemingly pass the background checks). The three male dead bodies found at his apartment had been repeatedly stabbed to death.

He clearly didn't care what he used to spread carnage. He was determined to, regardless. Seems like the kind of personality who would have read up on how to make nail bombs and such, if he wanted to.

Quote from: Rong on May 25, 2014, 05:53:32 AM
he had Aspergers...

i've read some of his manifesto... jesus christ.

Has that been confirmed? Asperger sufferers seem more likely to avoid violence and confrontation, from everything I've read. I know that's how it's always been for me.

Was definitely undergoing a whole lot of things in addition to that, if it's what he had.

What's a little frustrating, is that some people on Twitter (and probably other places) are now declaring how 'involuntary celibate' ('incels') males should be regarded with even more derision than ever, as though all of us in that situation are like this idiot...

It's stunningly clear, from everything he was posting, that he had huge ego and racist issues. I'd say an inferiority complex, too, but there are many points where he makes it clear he feels superior to other people: He literally couldn't comprehend why just having a pretty face and driving around in an expensive car isn't all it takes to have 'women' throw themselves at his feet. It's an insanely arrogant and superficial way of viewing the world. Who was giving him those ideas? It didn't seem like he had much in the way of a social peer group. Was he listening to tons of shitty 'life-ain't-nothin'-but-bitches-and-hoes' rap music and believing it?

If he'd survived, he seems like the typical Hollywood executive who'd burn out at an early age and get arrested for beating hookers to death.

The sad thing is, how many more young predators are out there like this one? Suffering from depression is one thing, but that shouldn't instantly equate to wanting to murder the world - and actively gathering the resources by which to do it.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 25, 2014, 11:20:28 AM
What's a little frustrating, is that some people on Twitter (and probably other places) are now declaring how 'involuntary celibate' ('incels') males should be regarded with even more derision than ever, as though all of us in that situation are like this idiot...
"Some people" on twitter are usually pretty stupid.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Yes... Yes, they are.

For those interested:

http://fusion.net/justice/story/elliot-rodgers-entire-140-page-manifesto-now-online-713671

It's like a steaming hot pint of WTF in digital form.

A part of me wonders why, if he was that frustrated about sex, specifically and had the kind of money he did, why he didn't just enrol with one of the more expensive/classy dating agencies. The kind you don't hear quite so many horror stories about.

BANE

BANE

Had he not discovered jerking off yet or...?  ???

Cvalda

Cvalda

QuoteHumanity...
All of my suffering on this world has been at the hands of humanity, particularly women. It has made me realize just how brutal and twisted humanity is as a species. All I ever wanted was to fit in and live a happy life amongst humanity, but I was cast out and rejected, forced to endure an existence of loneliness and insignificance, all because the females of the human species were incapable of seeing the value in me.

ugh

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Cvalda on May 25, 2014, 03:33:20 PM
QuoteHumanity...
All of my suffering on this world has been at the hands of humanity, particularly women. It has made me realize just how brutal and twisted humanity is as a species. All I ever wanted was to fit in and live a happy life amongst humanity, but I was cast out and rejected, forced to endure an existence of loneliness and insignificance, all because the females of the human species were incapable of seeing the value in me.

ugh

What an idiot, a big percentage of the time it's your own fault.

Aspie

Aspie

lol wow feminist and MRA groups, along with plenty of ordinary men and women in general, are really having at this Elliot Rodgers topic. These debates are all over the place, even in the news.

Cvalda

Cvalda

http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2014/05/24/shooting-suspect-elliot-rodgers-misogynistic-posts-point-to-motive/

I didn't realize there were people who actually applied a label like "incel" to themselves.

Also this gem:

One day incels will realize their true strength and numbers, and will overthrow this oppressive feminist system.

Start envisioning a world where WOMEN FEAR YOU.

Shasvre

Shasvre

A bunch of f**king creeps. :-X

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Cvalda on May 25, 2014, 04:15:39 PM
http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2014/05/24/shooting-suspect-elliot-rodgers-misogynistic-posts-point-to-motive/

I didn't realize there were people who actually applied a label like "incel" to themselves.

Also this gem:

One day incels will realize their true strength and numbers, and will overthrow this oppressive feminist system.

Start envisioning a world where WOMEN FEAR YOU.

What a joke. Start envisioning a world in which it hurts to because you have black eyes.

Aspie

Aspie

Bare in mind, he was mentally ill. Himself and others like him are an extreme minority and not representative of any other demographic aside from mental illness.

Cvalda

Cvalda

The MRMers are out in full force in that comment section, haha:

DAT GODWIN'S LAW.

Quote from: Aspie on May 25, 2014, 04:31:56 PM
Bare in mind, he was mentally ill. Himself and others like him are an extreme minority and not representative of any other demographic aside from mental illness.
So you're saying that mentally ill people are all potential murderers...?

Aspie

Aspie

Anyone is a potential murderer.

I'm saying mental illness is responsible for Eliott Rodgers way of thinking and perception, which led to his actions. The spectrum of mental illness severity varies, as does it effects (not even accounting for comorbidity.) He was on the high end, and these were the consequences.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed