In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,402,790 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Rape is a heinous crime for sure, but I don't consider it worse than murder. Consequently, I do not believe it should carry the harshest penalty. Personally, I'm also not in favour of the death penalty. It's too expensive and the way I look at it is that it makes us no better than the person we're executing.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 15, 2014, 11:01:20 AMPersonally, I'm also not in favour of the death penalty. It's too expensive and the way I look at it is that it makes us no better than the person we're executing.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 14, 2014, 09:19:35 PMI'm all for hanging the rapist...

I'm getting mixed signals here. :-\

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Indeed you are. I really should've thought that one through. Sorry for the confusion. In my mind I thought I said "punishing the rapist". I've edited my post.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Ah, that explains it.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 15, 2014, 11:01:20 AM
Rape is a heinous crime for sure, but I don't consider it worse than murder. Consequently, I do not believe it should carry the harshest penalty. Personally, I'm also not in favour of the death penalty. It's too expensive and the way I look at it is that it makes us no better than the person we're executing.

I don't agree with you, Doom. Even though it has never happened to me, it did happen to a friend and after what she went through I believe rape is equal to, if not worse than, murder.  If it happened to a lady in your life like a sister, wife, or daughter, your opinion would change. 

Punishment idea for rapist take 1:
Cut garden hose in a 12" strip.  Cut three strands of barbed wire in 11" strips.  Insert barbed wire into hose.  Take rapist deep into some woods.  Tie hands behind rapist' back.  Remove pants.  Insert garden hose into rapist' anus.  Push barbed wire forward.  Remove garden hose, leaving barbed wire in anus.  Go home, leaving rapist in woods.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Apr 15, 2014, 02:30:56 PM

I don't agree with you, Doom. Even though it has never happened to me, it did happen to a friend and after what she went through I believe rape is equal to, if not worse than, murder.  If it happened to a lady in your life like a sister, wife, or daughter, your opinion would change. 

Cut garden hose in a 12" strip.  Cut three strands of barbed wire in 11" strips.  Insert barbed wire into hose.  Take rapist deep into some woods.  Tie hands behind rapist' back.  Remove pants.  Insert garden hose into rapist' anus.  Push barbed wire forward.  Remove garden hose, leaving barbed wire in anus.  Go home, leaving rapist in woods.

I'm sorry to hear that. Your punishment however, is gruesome and vindictive. While it appeals to our primal side, it's extremely cruel. Exacting that sort of vengeance makes us no better than the criminals we want to punish. You're letting your emotions dictate your actions which isn't logical.

Master Chief

Master Chief

It'll cost less than the death penalty, that's for sure.  :o

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 15, 2014, 02:37:01 PM
Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Apr 15, 2014, 02:30:56 PM

I'm sorry to hear that. Your punishment however, is gruesome and vindictive. While it appeals to our primal side, it's extremely cruel. Exacting that sort of vengeance makes us no better than the criminals we want to punish. You're letting your emotions dictate your actions which isn't logical.

Rape itself is gruesome and cruel. When they get out of jail, they will just do it again.  So why not create a consequence so horrifying it might make reconsider?  It's not vengeance undeserved, it's justice.   

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Because deterrence doesn't work. If someone is a criminal and they want to commit a crime, they're going to do it, no matter what. Also, you're going to have to provide some numbers for a recidivism rate on rape if you're going to claim it's a problem that continually happens.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Even if it is one out of a million, it is still one too many.  Besides, if deterrence wasn't working, there would not be so many policies in place to deter crime. 

Just don't be a rapist and it won't happen to you  :o

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Except those policies don't actually prevent crime so as much as they tell people what the penalties are, should they commit those crimes and be convicted accordingly. They deter only the people who are smart enough to not commit crime in the first place. But like I said, if someone wants to hurt you, they're going to do it, laws or no laws.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Lets break out the stocks and the whipping post while we're at it.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 15, 2014, 03:32:54 PM
Except those policies don't actually prevent crime so as much as they tell people what the penalties are, should they commit those crimes and be convicted accordingly. They deter only the people who are smart enough to not commit crime in the first place. But like I said, if someone wants to hurt you, they're going to do it, laws or no laws.

We do need to be reminded of the dangers, too.  Nobody wants to discuss the dangers.  My friend was only 16 at the time and accepted an offer to have a drink with a stranger in his car.  If she had said no and asked the manager to walk her to her own car, the outcome would have been different.  Why did she do that?  She didn't think that someone would do something bad to her.  At least that is the story that I got.  She had to go through so much, her thighs were cut up from a knife and she said she was drugged.

It always made me think, though, after what happened to her, to not accept anything from anyone I don't know.  Also to think twice from people I do know.  I never let any man I don't know buy me drinks, give me a ride, or anything close.  I've been a little more of a b*tch to people that were most likely harmless, but still it's not worth the chance.  Discuss the dangers!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

That's a bloody shame. I'm very sorry to hear that. She obviously made a mistake and the consequences were severe. I'm sure she knows now though to not accept anything from a stranger. But again, be that as it may, it doesn't justify torturing him for what he did. While it is very appealing to us on a primal level, again, it makes us no better than he is.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Honestly I can't take full credit for the barbwire/garden hose idea.  The barbed wire was her dad's idea, only the garden hose portion was mine.  It seemed to be the easiest way to get the desired result he was looking for. Garden hose is strong enough, and easy to purchase without raising questions. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed