In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,402,791 times)

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Rong on Mar 07, 2014, 10:09:37 PM
Isn't "drag race" the Trans-Olympics , just get her to compete in that and leave the actual Olympics to the "bigots"
dudebro +12

Rong

Rong

Sweet brah I been trying to get my stats up, dudebro Olympics are coming up.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 07, 2014, 09:57:47 PM
Also, your penis is basically just vaginal tissue turned inside out, so have fun beating off your vag stick. :-*
Have fun rubbing and flicking your penis stump  :-*

Cvalda

Cvalda

I will, thanks :-* :laugh:

Topazora

Topazora

Whew, wow, talk about a flaming topic.

Anyway,  what do you guys think of this?
California bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/03/07/san-diego-seaworld-orca-shows/6162331/

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Topazora on Mar 07, 2014, 10:46:25 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/03/07/san-diego-seaworld-orca-shows/6162331/
Pass it.

BANE

BANE

I don't think anyone can say it should be shot down if they've seen the documentary Blackfish.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

http://t.news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/russian-soldiers-ordered-to-leave-canada-by-end-of-day

9 Russian soldiers in Canada have been ordered to leave, Canada has also suspended it's participation in a commission that promotes economic ties between Canada and Russia. Canada has also sent 2 military observers to monitor the Russian military activities in Ukraine but have been denied access to Crimea.

BANE

BANE

Russia's reaction

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Not as far as economics go, I can tell you that. Russia be tumbling in that department since the whole Ukraine thing started.

I actually just started connecting dots. German Empire/Soviet Union falls, Hitler/Putin come to power, go after Sudetenland/Crimea for nationalist reasons.

And they both dislike the gays.

BANE

BANE

From what I've read Russia has to much oil and gas to offer for the EU or anybody to do that much damage economically.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Topazora on Mar 07, 2014, 10:46:25 PM
Whew, wow, talk about a flaming topic.

With regulation I see a purpose to having zoos and aquariums. That includes orca displays and private zoos. Sure the conditions are not perfect and it is a dangerous profession, however I believe there is educational and conservation purpose in them. Visual and print media does not replace seeing an actual tiger and traveling to experience that in their native habitat isn't practical for most of us. Zoos are not for a perfect world but last I checked the world is not perfect.

This train of thought also applies to hunting grounds. Now I'll be up front, I'm prejudice against hunting big cats and other animals such as pachyderms, but others I see as game and food. Including Dolphins and Porpoise. I'm not saying they should be randomly hunted or abused but they are a viable food stock and we have done too much damage to the oceanic ecosystem that a culling we be unavoidable.

In the case of the Orcas, yea they should have bigger tanks, yet I don't agree that they are to be classified as intelligent or have elevated rights. On the other end I feel elephants do deserve such protection, as an example. There's a couple of other oceanic mammals that I think should have similar protective right but that's just opinion.

Let no one who has ever eaten a chicken egg throw the first egg because I think dolphin meat is tasty. Remember were all the unwanted males go asap. That kind of thing disgusts me, yet I keep buying and eating those eggs.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 07, 2014, 11:39:59 PM
With regulation I see a purpose to having zoos and aquariums. That includes orca displays and private zoos. Sure the conditions are not perfect and it is a dangerous profession, however I believe there is educational and conservation purpose in them. Visual and print media does not replace seeing an actual tiger and traveling to experience that in their native habitat isn't practical for most of us.
I was not aware they existed to satisfy our need to "experience" them.

Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 07, 2014, 11:39:59 PM
In the case of the Orcas, yea they should have bigger tanks, yet I don't agree that they are to be classified as intelligent or have elevated rights. On the other end I feel elephants do deserve such protection, as an example. There's a couple of other oceanic mammals that I think should have similar protective right but that's just opinion.
I wonder what your basis for comparing animal intelligence is. I mean, I'm of the opinion that maybe you shouldn't be classified as intelligent and don't deserve elevated rights, but thankfully I'm not in charge of that.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

But Orcas are just as intelligent, if not more, than Elephants. Some of the shit they do is scary. Most of it.

Their social capacity is also jaw-dropping, and their languages, and the fact that each pod has a slightly different language.

But your comments on the nature of how intelligence is measure in animals and what rights we should or should not provide is thought provoking. I'm mostly a vegetarian who prefers to hunt their own meat, but it's largely for personal reasons. I feel like there's a psychological importance for humans to kill their own food, if it's meat, and in losing that we've become a bit different than every human whose gone before us that was forced to kill to survive.

It's a part of our human nature so deeply ingrained, I can't see it atrophying without some psychological side effect. But I'm kind of strange so.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Orcas are f*ckin' badass.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed