Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,402,729 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: BANE on Feb 04, 2014, 10:36:09 PM
Quote from: Rong on Feb 04, 2014, 09:41:48 PM
Quote from: BANE on Feb 04, 2014, 08:35:58 PM

- Retractable cheek extensions. Inspired by the hammerhead shark, the rationale behind this idea was that should multiple US personnel need to be simultaneously clothes-lined and removed from duty, this would provide the perfect, covert means to do so. It was Stalin's realization that they could have simply used their arms that signalled the closing of the program and the withdrawal of all funding."

So yeah, the KGB was pretty weird.  :-\

wat
This is how I imagine they pitched it to Stalin:

Spoiler
The two predators are US operatives who are getting a little too nosy. I play the part of the Russian spy with the modified cheeks (my hands in this demonstration). At 0:04 the cheeks begin to extend and are fully extended by 0:06. At 0:07 I clothesline the operatives. I then retreat, look around and retract the cheeks before saying standard Russian gibberish.
http://s839.photobucket.com/user/AintGotTime2Bleed/media/Russia_zpse00a953d.mp4.html
[close]
Win.

WinterActual

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Religion sucks in general.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 05, 2014, 12:33:46 PM
Religion sucks in general.

Indeed.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I have nothing against religion. I prefer targeting individuals rather than just using swift and unfair generalizations.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Yup.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: WinterActual on Feb 05, 2014, 10:14:46 AM
ISLAM - THE WORST RELIGION OF THEM ALL!

The Islamophobia is strong with this one.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Feb 05, 2014, 02:15:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzMhxSbDYjk#ws

That is horrible. Just horrible. :(

By the way she mentioned Vice. Highly recommend it. On HBO, journalism without a censor or a bias. It's an eye opening experience seeing the kind of stuff that goes on in this world.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 05, 2014, 12:13:32 AM
Quote from: BANE on Feb 04, 2014, 08:35:58 PM
Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 04, 2014, 08:22:06 PM
Hahaha. Oh, BANE.
I think what you mean is 'hahaha, Oh Stalin'.

Quote from: Rong on Feb 04, 2014, 08:23:53 PM
Lol it sounds like you just made that up while you were writing it.... It is the KGB though.
Ok, I have the book in my hand, here's a quote:

"In the Fall of 1950, five years after the official end of the second World War and a year after the Berlin Blockade that began the Cold War, Stalin personally granted the People's Commisar of State Security, Vsevolod Merkulov, $50 million dollars (an enormous sum for a research grant at the time) to look into improving covert operations in the United States using animal biology. In the months that followed, numerous concepts were considered, including:

- Taking enzymes from giraffe necks to help field agents see over tall, secret US walls
- Reconnecting nerve fibers from the occipital lobe in the human brain to artificially implanted eagle eyes in the back of the head, so that agents could see what was behind them, thereby avoiding a US sneak attack
- Transplanting gorilla fists onto the arms of field operatives, in case the job required something to be smashed
- Retractable cheek extensions. Inspired by the hammerhead shark, the rationale behind this idea was that should multiple US personnel need to be simultaneously clothes-lined and removed from duty, this would provide the perfect, covert means to do so. It was Stalin's realization that they could have simply used their arms that signalled the closing of the program and the withdrawal of all funding."

So yeah, the KGB was pretty weird.  :-\

It's good to know they had money to burn. f**k's sake.
That's just the tip of the iceberg. They tried putting springs in the heels of their agents to help them jump higher. Ultimately they got the balancing wrong and their agents kept flying head first into walls.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Feb 05, 2014, 02:22:14 PM
I have nothing against religion. I prefer targeting individuals rather than just using swift and unfair generalizations.

Religion in general is the cause of many problems though.

BANE

BANE

Heeeeeere we go.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Before this become too nuts, here's some humour for ya.

The 12 Most Awkward Breakups To Play Out On Facebook (NSFW)

Sgt. Apone

Sgt. Apone

Quote from: Vickers on Feb 05, 2014, 04:57:28 PM

No. Human ignorance is the cause of many problems. True people will use religion as a way of justifying their actions but it doesn't make it the problem. The people are.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Sgt. Apone on Feb 05, 2014, 05:08:43 PM
Quote from: Vickers on Feb 05, 2014, 04:57:28 PM

No. Human ignorance is the cause of many problems. True people will use religion as a way of justifying their actions but it doesn't make it the problem. The people are.

Religion encourages ignorance. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed